Thoughts on Replicas and Authentics?

I'm creating this to get people's opinions on replicas, and authentics, replicas vs authentics, and an overview of what you think. *DISCLAIMER: This is for sneakers.*

Last edited:
Personally, considering I just bought a pair of replicas unknowingly, I must say, they aren't bad looking. These are replica BC3's, and the only way people know they're fake is due to the insole. Everything else seemed good to me, so I copped them. Non the less, I am no promoting replica shoes as a whole, and I don't have a problem with people who wear them. NOT SUPPORTING REPS THO*

Last edited:
Nah, b.

I don't promote fronting like you got it when you really don't. Live within your means and be proud of it. Don't imitate the life you want, grind so you can make it there. My uncle bought me a fake rolex for my college graduation. I haven't even tried it on. That real one I buy myself will be much more with it.

Supposedly Nike is okay with the fakes, but has brainwashed the masses into buy their very overpriced shoes and hating fakes that are supposedly made in the same factories that the authentic shoes are made in.

I have no facts to back up what I just said.

Nah, b.

I don't promote fronting like you got it when you really don't. Live within your means and be proud of it. Don't imitate the life you want, grind so you can make it there. My uncle bought me a fake rolex for my college graduation. I haven't even tried it on. That real one I buy myself will be much more with it.
I don't think it will.

These luxury companies(gucci and the like) want to make you feel that way, so you'll shell out a seemingly absurd amount of money for said item.

I think that you're paying for the brand name rather than the quality of the actual item.

... If you're honestly telling me a Rolex is not a quality timepiece, I don't know what's real any more.
That's not what I said. I said that I think that you're paying for the brand name of the item rather than the actual quality of the item.

I mean, it's a luxury watch.

Ultimately it is a purchase for the brand name. Hell, the Rolex I want isn't even worth its weight in gold and I can admit that they are terribly overpriced. But in regards to me purchasing an item, I'd rather deliberately shell out an unnecessary amount of money for something I want and know it to e authentic, rather than perpetrating.

Like why would I have myself, or people around me, believe that I can afford a rolex if I really can't?

Last edited:
You should clarify OP. I originally thought you were talking about jerseys. Fake sneakers typically aren't referred to as replicas.

I never considered purchasing fake sneakers. There was a certain pride in me that wouldn't allow for me to wear let alone spend money on them. I never looked down on people who wore fake though but if they were trying to flex with them to me I would bring to their attention that they're fake. If someone wants a sneaker badly enough but cant afford the real thing so they purchase the fakes its their choice. I think someone people get offended because they themselves have put up the money for the real thing, then they see someone else with a fake version of the sneaker that they probably paid only half for.

Last edited:
I used to be strongly against fakes, but now that I'm older, they're all just shoes. Nothing about Nike's makes them any more spectacular than the shoes that are considered fakes; an underpaid child is more than likely making either pair.

I used to be strongly against fakes, but now that I'm older, they're all just shoes. Nothing about Nike's makes them any more spectacular than the shoes that are considered fakes; an underpaid child is more than likely making either pair.

this. unless the person is trying to style on everyone with his spongebob 3's, it's w/e really

I couldn't care less if another man is wearing fakes are variants, what they do with their money is their choice. I have never owned fakes nor do i plan to, but to each his own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom