Thoughts on Replicas and Authentics?

I've considered buying fake shoes. Not because I can't afford the real thing, but because I'm not camping out at some damn mall with a bunch of 13 year olds to get some shoes I've wanted for a while. It's not like the quality on the real things is any good so I don't see the harm.

I don't mess with fake shoes, most if the time the quality isn't there and the materials they used aren't the same quality. Jerseys on the other hand I buy replicas because paying $60 for a screen printed jersey is ridiculous when you can get an embroidered one for $30-40

This. The new fake Nike nfl jerseys are clearly not the exact same as the $250 authentic materials, but for $220 less ill stick with reps. 10 fakes or 1 real? Easy decision.

Also with Jordans, if I can't get authentic on RD or for retail and I can get a pair of grey market that is literally no different, then why shouldn't I? If its the same quality and materials and I can't get an "authentic" pair cause JB is on their limited makin people camp out for shoes style then I'll give my money to someone else.

Bottom line is this - I'm happy to give Nike/JB retail on a pair of shoes if I want them, but if they won't take my money and turn it into a lottery/contest just to accept my money, they can stick it where the sun don't shine.

if you cant afford it dont buy it, simple as that
people that have a fake item are worse than somebody having a non-brand name item

if you cant afford it dont buy it, simple as that
people that have a fake item are worse than somebody having a non-brand name item
This logic makes no sense.

People starve themselves to be able to afford luxury items.

Would you say that they can "afford" it?

Who's worse the person who starved himself for weeks or months to buy "real" shoes or the dude who is wearing fakes?

The answer is that it doesn't matter. 

Nike has got people thinking that having name brand shoes makes them better than the next man, when that couldn't be anymore false. 

If you're shoes or clothes gives you confidence in yourself regardless of the cost, I don't have a problem with that.

If the price of your clothes or shoes gives you a superiority complex and an ego, I have a problem with that.

Last edited:

Who's worse the person who starved himself for weeks or months to buy "real" shoes or the dude who is wearing fakes?
Nike has got people thinking that having name brand shoes makes them better than the next man, when that couldn't be anymore false. 

If you're shoes or clothes gives you confidence in yourself regardless of the cost, I don't have a problem with that.
If the price of your clothes or shoes gives you a superiority complex and an ego, I have a problem with that.

That's the biggest lie in our American culture that material possessions make the man. For me the worse are people who care so much about what others think that they put their financial well-being and at times their family's to keep up with the Jones. Most of those people are the ones in the super market stocking up on ramen noodles.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how many really nice items you have, it is the confidence in wearing those clothes that makes the biggest impact. I see this all the time with Polo RL, no matter how much RL stuff you wear doesn't take away how you are as an individual. You know that saying, "you can't polish a xxxx."

And why do people care so much about what the other person is wearing, just focus on yourself fam and keep it moving. Maybe you guys that care so much about fakes, should worry about buying those overpriced yeezys or retro jordans on eBay or complain here about re-sellers.

so you are saying people with branded items are inherently superior than those who have non-branded items and fakes? another question is where do you fall in that spectrum? just curious, trying to make sense of something that does not make sense.

I thought there was three types of jerseys. Correct me if I'm wrong. At least the nba ones.

Replicas
Swingman
Authentic

Replicas are def a no go cause they're screen printed. Replicas have no stitching or embroidering. Y'all mixing it up

Speaking of authentic NBA jerseys, where can I find some online, I tried looking for a Curry authentic on nba.com but to no avail.

I'm tell you like my 9th grade Basketball coach told me "Smangalang, Fake it til you make it."

I had a bball coach who told me "No rub in the tub" lol..but he sold fake jerseys/ jordans out the trunk of his car

Very well said

Sad to see people need high price items just to justify who they are and their status in society.

Some people just not able.

Last edited:
i think it really depends on what the item is.  I was in the Caribbean, and saw authentic ZION Wear Bob Marley shirts for 39.99, and saw bootlegs for $5.00.  Personally, for me.....cotton is muthaf'in cotton, so I went w/the $5.00 joints.

Iphone cases - I see $125 element vapor case, then I see a $15.00 element vapor case bootleg...both CNC Aluminum, high grade....metal is metal ....so ......

^I do the same thing when I have to purchase usb cables. 1 apple made usb cable for $30 or 3 usb knock off usb cables made in china for $2. It ain't eem a decision.

I just say this wearing reps is not a problem with me its kicks but would yall pay for super reps that looks perfect for the cheaper price or the authentic ones that have glue chipping and other wrong things with a higher price i mean i havnt worn or buy reps but make me ave a deep thought about them.

Back
Top Bottom