Thoughts on Replicas and Authentics?

Nah, b.

I don't promote fronting like you got it when you really don't. Live within your means and be proud of it. Don't imitate the life you want, grind so you can make it there. My uncle bought me a fake rolex for my college graduation. I haven't even tried it on. That real one I buy myself will be much more with it.

Truth

Supposedly Nike is okay with the fakes, but has brainwashed the masses into buy their very overpriced shoes and hating fakes that are supposedly made in the same factories that the authentic shoes are made in.

I have no facts to back up what I just said.
i could believe it....kind of like procter and gamble makes tide and gain

ill hoop in some fakes if they coming from the same factories

I personally wouldn't wear fakes just because when I buy something it's for myself, to impress myself first and foremost.

But considering the state of things now, it is understandable. People barely having a chance for any shoe they like, GR's included, because these damb kids swoop them all up to make a profit. It seems justifiable to buy a cheaper than msrp fake than pay the resellers prices.

Why can't someone enjoy wearing a pair of Yeezy's on their feet without dropping $2 G's on them? There was a time when people bought shoes for how they look than how much they're worth.

Idk what's real and what's fake anymore nowadays anyway. JB Retro's look fake nowadays anyway so you could probably get away with it.

Just say no...to replica kicks. Jerseys are acceptable.

If kicks aren't then jerseys sure as hell shouldn't be.

View media item 411526
Is disgusting.

View media item 411527
Is better.

View media item 411528
Disgusting.

View media item 411530
Class.

That Footlocker eastbay nonsense is turrrrrrrrible. Never had one, can't imagine doing so.

The stitching, the weight, the materials, that cardboard feeling number and lettering.

View media item 411535
Replicas don't compete with those fuchi fugazis cop at the barbershop / homeboy's trunk specials though :wow: :lol:

... If you're honestly telling me a Rolex is not a quality timepiece, I don't know what's real any more.

Im sure there are watched that cost half the price that are still quality. You're paying for the name Rolex.

dame dash ether on just blaze for rockin a replica jersey...>>>>
Los Jets?
laugh.gif

I don't buy jordans anymore but I've been hearing that the new retros of the retros that are retros of the retros to the OG shoes are made of much lower quality materials than the OG shoes.

Doesn't that mean that the new retros are replicas?

weebay.gif

Im sure there are watched that cost half the price that are still quality. You're paying for the name Rolex.

Rolex is a quality time piece but for the Rolex price it is not, you are really paying for the brand and IMHO the sum if the parts aren't worth the asking price. Heck most if not all Swiss watches aren't all 100% Swiss made, only have to be over 50% of the watch and some specific parts to be considered Swiss, look it up. Just like almost all branded items, they are marked up so much that you are mostly paying for the company name.

I don't mess with fake shoes, most if the time the quality isn't there and the materials they used aren't the same quality. Jerseys on the other hand I buy replicas because paying $60 for a screen printed jersey is ridiculous when you can get an embroidered one for $30-40

Ultimately it is a purchase for the brand name. Hell, the Rolex I want isn't even worth its weight in gold and I can admit that they are terribly overpriced. But in regards to me purchasing an item, I'd rather deliberately shell out an unnecessary amount of money for something I want and know it to e authentic, rather than perpetrating.

Like why would I have myself, or people around me, believe that I can afford a rolex if I really can't?
I'm not advocating buying replicas so I don't see what you're asking me that question.

What I'm saying is that you're paying for the brand name not the quality.

Which is why, luxury companies love customers like you.

Last edited:
Nah, b.

I don't promote fronting like you got it when you really don't. Live within your means and be proud of it. Don't imitate the life you want, grind so you can make it there. My uncle bought me a fake rolex for my college graduation. I haven't even tried it on. That real one I buy myself will be much more with it.
smh. fakes or replicas whatever you want to call them aren't tolerated.
say no to fugazis 

Nah, b.

smh. fakes or replicas whatever you want to call them aren't tolerated.
say no to fugazis 
I find it weird that you agree with this but then have this  as your sig.

"Fancy cars, diamond rings, nice restaurants and those finer things lost our souls our hopes and dreams in the City of Angels.

"

Personally, considering I just bought a pair of replicas unknowingly, I must say, they aren't bad looking. These are replica BC3's, and the only way people know they're fake is due to the insole. Everything else seemed good to me, so I copped them. Non the less, I am no promoting replica shoes as a whole, and I don't have a problem with people who wear them. NOT SUPPORTING REPS THO*

From your post on the LC forum, they don't look like great "replicas" to me OP :smh: :smh: :smh:

http://niketalk.com/t/536589/black-cement-3-lc

Ultimately it is a purchase for the brand name. Hell, the Rolex I want isn't even worth its weight in gold and I can admit that they are terribly overpriced. But in regards to me purchasing an item, I'd rather deliberately shell out an unnecessary amount of money for something I want and know it to e authentic, rather than perpetrating.

Like why would I have myself, or people around me, believe that I can afford a rolex if I really can't?
Why not just live within your means and cop a Nautica watch? They're great quality, you save money, and you're not perpetrating..

Why not just live within your means and cop a Nautica watch? They're great quality, you save money, and you're not perpetrating..

I don't think he is contemplating buying a fake rolex. Nautica watches are decent to good watches for the money but they are far from great. Not trying to disrespect but Sea-Gull, Seiko and Citizen in the same price point are better quality, just saying.

Back
Top Bottom