Those Who Don't Support Obama, Who Would You Vote For, If Paul Doesn't Win GOP

All I want is for Obama to lose so I can laugh ... I used to be a fight the good fight type dude, but this *+@* doesn't even matter anymore ... Romney is a $$$!@@@ joke ... Obama is a $$$!@@@ joke ... Cain is a $$$!@@@ joke ...

I'll go to the polls and write-in jennaveive jolie ...

newbuck wrote:
Essential1 wrote:
when Ron Paul doesn't win GOP should be your title..

But in any facet, historically this should have been an easy election for the GOP based on number, but with this current batch (and getting to the point where no one else is going to pop up in the running because they would have a huge hole to try and make up if they declared in November or December) are somehow looking at losing easily...

That's just flat out disingenuous.
1. Ron Paul has no chance in the GOP primary (even Ron Paul supporters will admit that), although we have different reasons for it..
2. In terms of economic standing, and history of the elections with unemployment etc. the way it is the incumbent will most likely lose.
3. The Republican base is wildly disatisfied with their current batch of candidates.. Hence why they went from Bachman to Paul to Perry to Cain.. Hoping Christie runs.. Hoping Palin Runs.. And Romney is unable to even remotely bridge the gap between Conservatives, Moderate Republicans, the last remnants of liberal Republicans, and the Tea Party.. They all have a weird dislike of him all for different reason because somehow he has had every political position on every issue..
4. When you run for the presidency it takes a lot of messaging, and time.. A new candidate that enters the race tomorrow has very little chance of winning the nomination because everyone has had months of full airtime, and access to the media, including the public getting exposure to them so they can make their opinions up.. That takes months on months to even secure a solid base of primary electorate.. And if you entered tomorrow, you will not get great name recognition until after some of the primaries have started which puts you in a deep hole to even think of getting the nomination..
5. Every single candidate with the exception of Romney, Obama has began to open bigger and bigger leads on... Even the Obama vs. Generic Republican polls have turned Obama's way.. And to combat Obama the Republicans have to make a sharp turn right to win the primary leaving a general election of Non-tea party republicans unmotivated to vote for the Republicans, and Independents unwilling to vote for someone appeasing the Tea Party..

It is facts... Not disingenuous

I refuse to believe with all the people in the world that the Republicans couldn't find a better candidate than Mitt Romney ... I honestly, wholeheartedly believe this election is a setup by both "partys" to get Obama elected again for whatever their grand plan is ...

I don't give a $%%% anymore ... I'm not even paying attention to this $*!! and I used to be BIG into politics ...

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Herman Cain regardless.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Voting is useless.
No, it's more like you don't understand the purpose of it. There's a difference between voting being useless and you being ignorant.

Are you being serious ? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

newbuck wrote:
Essential1 wrote:
when Ron Paul doesn't win GOP should be your title..

But in any facet, historically this should have been an easy election for the GOP based on number, but with this current batch (and getting to the point where no one else is going to pop up in the running because they would have a huge hole to try and make up if they declared in November or December) are somehow looking at losing easily...

1. Ron Paul has no chance in the GOP primary (even Ron Paul supporters will admit that), although we have different reasons for it..
2. In terms of economic standing, and history of the elections with unemployment etc. the way it is the incumbent will most likely lose.
3. The Republican base is wildly disatisfied with their current batch of candidates.. Hence why they went from Bachman to Paul to Perry to Cain.. Hoping Christie runs.. Hoping Palin Runs.. And Romney is unable to even remotely bridge the gap between Conservatives, Moderate Republicans, the last remnants of liberal Republicans, and the Tea Party.. They all have a weird dislike of him all for different reason because somehow he has had every political position on every issue..
4. When you run for the presidency it takes a lot of messaging, and time.. A new candidate that enters the race tomorrow has very little chance of winning the nomination because everyone has had months of full airtime, and access to the media, including the public getting exposure to them so they can make their opinions up.. That takes months on months to even secure a solid base of primary electorate.. And if you entered tomorrow, you will not get great name recognition until after some of the primaries have started which puts you in a deep hole to even think of getting the nomination..
5. Every single candidate with the exception of Romney, Obama has began to open bigger and bigger leads on... Even the Obama vs. Generic Republican polls have turned Obama's way.. Amd yo combat Obama the Republicans have to make a sharp turn right to win the primary leaving a general election of Non-tea party republicans unmotivated to vote for the Republicans, and Independents unwilling to vote for someone appeasing the Tea Party..

Sigh..The republican party and the country for that matter is so far beyond the point of finding a "perfect candidate". Anyone but obama will do. The last gallop generic ballot is 46%/38% in favor of the GOP candidate. Fact.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

@ poster who posted the video

At the end of the day, there are AT LEAST 50 million people per presidential race that don't vote. Now tell me, if the 50 million voted(480 k per state + DC), those VOTES WOULDN'T MATTER. Obviously, it's about winning states than getting the most votes in pres races, but the 50 million would have influenced it. So let's just end the "one vote doesn't make a difference", because you and the other 50+ million, would have made a difference. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by msaba07

I refuse to believe with all the people in the world that the Republicans couldn't find a better candidate than Mitt Romney ... I honestly, wholeheartedly believe this election is a setup by both "partys" to get Obama elected again for whatever their grand plan is ...

I don't give a $%%% anymore ... I'm not even paying attention to this $*!! and I used to be BIG into politics ...
Agreed.  Same went for last election.  McCain and Palin?  PALIN?  Really?  
Obama will win and our country will become even more divided thanks to all the idiots in the U.S. that feed off all this party BS.  

Originally Posted by newbuck

newbuck wrote:

5. Every single candidate with the exception of Romney, Obama has began to open bigger and bigger leads on... Even the Obama vs. Generic Republican polls have turned Obama's way.. Amd yo combat Obama the Republicans have to make a sharp turn right to win the primary leaving a general election of Non-tea party republicans unmotivated to vote for the Republicans, and Independents unwilling to vote for someone appeasing the Tea Party..

Sigh.. The republican party and the country for that matter is so far beyond the point of finding a "perfect candidate". Anyone but obama will do. The last gallop generic ballot is 46%/38% in favor of the GOP candidate. Fact.
You sure.. Republican Primary Polls say differently... You don't go through 6 favorite candidates in 3 months and have each of them fall dramatically when they are no longer in the lead if the electorate is not looking for the "perfect candidate"

You do know that your Gallup poll is over a month old right... Just for reference the month before tha In Aug 4-7 Generic Ballot Obama was up 45% -39%..

NBC News/ Wall Street Journal - Obama 44, Republicans 42.. Which is the LATEST poll conducted on it (3 days ago)

Originally Posted by newbuck

Sigh.. The republican party and the country for that matter is so far beyond the point of finding a "perfect candidate". Anyone but obama will do. The last gallop generic ballot is 46%/38% in favor of the GOP candidate. Fact.
You sure.. Republican Primary Polls say differently... You don't go through 6 favorite candidates in 3 months and have each of them fall dramatically when they are no longer in the lead if the electorate is not looking for the "perfect candidate"

You do know that your Gallup poll is over a month old right... Just for reference the month before tha In Aug 4-7 Generic Ballot Obama was up 45% -39%..

NBC News/ Wall Street Journal - Obama 44, Republicans 42.. Which is the LATEST poll conducted on it (3 days ago)

The perfect candidate "issue" is a non starter. You're being disingenuous about the state of the country. On the polls, it looks like obama is leading the latest. However, I see no indication that the GOP candidate is on track to lose "easily". The president's chief of staff himself is aware that he will be the underdog going in to the election.

Been looking at these candidates and I do like Ron Paul.  After him to me at least, I don't know.  Herman Cain is a damn joke, and I still don't understand why he's "top tier."
EDIT: Lol, ty NT.  An ad on top for Herman Caint 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'd think young republicans disappointed with the current candidates would just call this election a wash and wait for 2016.

I mean it's been a while since a pres has been voted out after 1 term. Things were bad with Bush and I can't say things are that worse now that Obama won't repeat.

That's what I don't understand. If you're not in favor in the current pres, why not vote for the "best of the evils" in your eyes, than just saying screw it?
It's funny, the guys who never voted til Obama, are the same one's who always witch about the govt. You HAVE POWER, exercise it and VOTE. Regardless of where you live, it takes AT WORST 30 min to vote. It's disgusting, that the same people who don't vote are probably minorities, whose ancestors WOULD HAVE KILLED to have such liberties. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
do we really have power though? Our government believes you and I both are idiots and aren't able to vote responsibly which is why they created the electoral college. It has happened more than once in history where the presidential candidate with the popular vote doesn't win the presidency.

I'm with you about exercising our voice which is why I will vote when I'm of age. At least years from now the people of the future will know what it is the majority of the population wanted.

Originally Posted by msaba07

All I want is for Obama to lose so I can laugh ... I used to be a fight the good fight type dude, but this *+@* doesn't even matter anymore ... Romney is a $$$!@@@ joke ... Obama is a $$$!@@@ joke ... Cain is a $$$!@@@ joke ...

I'll go to the polls and write-in jennaveive jolie ...
They're all jokes, none of the presidential candidates are there for the people. Not one. It's funny that everybody was pro Obama in '08 and now hates him. yes I do agree with you on them all being a joke.

Lets say I were to run for president, and I were really there for the good of the people. It doesn't matter because I won't get nominated by either party. So me naturally being a democrat I'll fall under Green party or something like that, thus resulting in loss of votes for the democrats.

#Kanyeshrug

smh at all the political cynicism going on in this thread. its shame that you think not voting will make anything better. how hard is it to do some research, gain an opinion, and vote?  and Obama has gotten so much hate while in office, i wonder why people voted him in for the first place? it was US, the people that vote him in, correct? you want to change that. vote. btw quit crying about how bad obama is when there is a split in congress b/w the parties. its very hard to get anything passed when this is the case. like i said... you want a change, vote. 

http://news.sciencemag.or...-billions-in.html?ref=hp
[h1]Ron Paul Would Erase Billions in Research Spending[/h1]
Enlarge Image

Credit: Ron Paul for President Campaign

Presidential hopeful Ron Paul's new proposal to slash federal spending would wipe out large chunks of the government's research portfolio.

The congressman from Texas and Republican candidate unveiled a budget plan yesterday to reduce the deficit that would eliminate five federal departments: Energy, Commerce, Interior, Education, and Housing and Urban Development. In one fell swoop, such a step would erase, among other programs, the Energy Department's $5-billion Office of Science, the $4.5-billion National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the $750-million National Institute of Standards and Technology, and the $1.1-billion U.S. Geological Survey.

Paul would also end funding for all research programs at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, although the department itself would be preserved at its current budget. And he would pare roughly $7 billion from the current $30-billion budget for the National Institutes of Health within the Department of Health and Human Services. The document, "A Plan to Restore America," is silent on the fate of two independent research agencies: the $7-billion National Science Foundation, and NASA, whose $18.5-billion budget includes $5 billion for space science.

"The plan promises to restore the federal government to its former Constitutionally-limited, smaller-government and less-burdensome place," according to a press release from Paul's campaign headquarters. "The plan cuts $1 trillion in federal spending during the first year of a Paul Presidency and delivers a balanced budget in year three of a Paul Presidency." The biggest savings would come from ending funding for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and holding steady spending across the entire Department of Defense.

Back
Top Bottom