Thor: The Dark World (Movie Thread) 11/08/13

I think they will still go with it even w/o those heroes, they are just going to be replaced by GotG and Dr Strange having a giagantic role.

Yup.. Avengers, gotg and dr strange will be the main protagonist.. But I don't think Adam warlock was cast for the gotg movie

I think there were rumors that Adam Warlock will indeed be in GotG. A reputable source from Latino Review (who usually have the early scoops on these films) said to have "acquired" a copy of the script and that Adam Warlock was found in a suspended state (cryo frozen type?) in that draft. Now it wasn't confirmed if it was one of the first drafts before James Gunn did some rewrites and such but this is certainly a kind of easter egg I could see Marvel adding.

man.. Iron man 3 had so much potential.. All the suits.. Good actors..

And then there was the final product

As was pointed out in the "how it should have ended".. Probably should started with the "house party protocol" when stark gave out his address

what's crazy is that I've heard better reviews of IM3 of Thor TDW

Does fox still own the rights to the kingpin.. Or did that go back with daredevil?

man.. Iron man 3 had so much potential.. All the suits.. Good actors..

And then there was the final product

As was pointed out in the "how it should have ended".. Probably should started with the "house party protocol" when stark gave out his address

what's crazy is that I've heard better reviews of IM3 of Thor TDW

Critics really liked im3 for some reason. It wasn't even an issue of knowing stuff that happened in the comics, it was just a flat out stupid movie but they still liked it. A few people I talked to liked it as well to my surprise.

Critics really liked im3 for some reason. It wasn't even an issue of knowing stuff that happened in the comics, it was just a flat out stupid movie but they still liked it. A few people I talked to liked it as well to my surprise.

I didn't even like how im3 started, I knew from the first few seconds the tone f the movie was gonna be bad.

smokin.gif

it woulda been MIND BLOWING if behind the scenes Fox and Marvel woulda worked out there business differences and in the movie Loki turned into Spiderman or Wolverine

Movie was great. Loki was funny as hell in this movie. No complaints at all

I just finished watching it for the second time. This time I took my daughters. As I was watching again and noticed how many kids were there I peeped Marvel's game. :nerd: :lol:

My kids loved the movie. They were hyped and it was a far different vibe than when they watched Man of Steel. Marvel has found the perfect balance for kids and adults and unlike DC/WB, they're not alienating the women and kids by going OD gritty or dark.

Thor just locked my daughters in until 2021 (supposedly how far out the films are planned until). They loved the Captain America cameo and had all kinds of questions at the end. My oldest even asked who The Collector is and I didn't even mention his name.

Also, after watching the GOTG tease it was nowhere near bad. Del Torro seems to have nailed dude's creepiness and look. I did some research before rewatching and am now hyped! I think it just caught me off guard the first time because the tone was so different.

One last thing. The Aether's power in the movie was described as being able to alter matter and turn light matter into dark matter. Infinity Gem experts, which stone does that sound most like in your opinions?

Last edited:
Agreed, on making the secondary characters look good as well. Heimdall's action scene was pretty cool and something I know a few of us were hoping to see in the first one.

The quips b/w Jane and Thor about meeting the parents, the tension when Sif and her first meet were gold. Random but Natalie Portman didn't have that glow that she had in the first film.

The comedy, unlike Iron Man 3, was good and tasteful. In addition to the already mentioned hammer/rack scene, the scene in the London Underground was cool as well.

"Meow meow"
laugh.gif

Also, I saw no problem with the mid-credits scene. The make up and costumes were well done like the rest of the film. Never got a cheap feel from it when watching. Didn't know that Marvel added the scene to the movie without letting the director know. We've seen this from Marvel before, so that's not a surprise.

Question:
I already knew that Loki was headed back to Asgard when the guard had that greenish aura when the camera panned to him on the Dark World, but what did he do to Odin? That's what I'm most interested in. He already harbors hatred toward him, so killing him not out the option?

Didn't realize marvel got punisher back with dare devil :smokin

I could see whatever gems held in odin's vault being stolen or whatever during or in the end of avengers 2, forcing thor's return to Asgard for thor 3.. Then he has to deal with Loki again, maybe introducing the enchantress and executioner.. Also could throw in beta ray bill

Then avengers 3 is set up for thanos

Or they could go with suture for thor 3

Last edited:
watched it today, movie was 
eek.gif

this is the way a second movie should be, minimal time introducing stuff. the humor was perfect, action was great, fighting while popping in and out of different worlds was 
pimp.gif
eek.gif
. after phase one thor was my least favorite movie (not really counting hulk) and i didnt go into this one expecting to be blown a way but blown away i was. i would say this is as good if not better than avengers and a trillion times better than IM3. high hopes for Cap 2, his/loki's bit in this movie might have been my favorite part 
laugh.gif

i had low expectations for this movie because of how much the first movie was just 'meh'. Saw it tonight and was pleasantly surprised. This is how you do a Phase 2 movie. Thor 2 >>>>>>> IM3.

I'm the type of person that just naturally figures out the twists throughout the movie, but i did not see that final Odin scene coming.

Back
Top Bottom