This Mitchell Report ain't gonna mean anything....

I mean, some of the names who will be exposed will hardly come as a surprise, but at the end of the day, the free agents on that list WILL be getting paid. Case in point, Jose Guillen who just signed a FAT contract with the Royals 3 years/36 mil. This is on the heels of the whole HGH Mitchell Report, and alsowith a suspension looming. Who are we kidding with this whole "report?" This contract to Guillen shows that HGH hardly matters in the grand schemeof things. So much of baseball is tainted, that it really doesn't matter.
[h1]Sources: Union, MLB in talks on Guillen suspension[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 5, 2007, 2:55 PM ET

The Major League Baseball Players Association is negotiating with MLB officials on a possible 10- to 15-day suspension for outfielder Jose Guillen for his reported involvement in the purchase of steroids and human growth hormone, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney on Wednesday.

5753.jpg

Guillen

The San Francisco Chronicle reported last month that Guillen bought nearly $20,000 worth of steroids and human growth hormone from 2003 through 2005.

Major League Baseball began testing for steroids in 2003, and penalties for first offenses began in 2005. HGH was banned by MLB in January 2005.

"We told the commissioner's office my version of this whole affair, which in some ways has been handled with some errors in the media," Guillen was quoted as saying Tuesday by ESPNdeportes.com when asked about the situation.

Guillen and the Royals reached an agreement on a $36 million, three-year contract Tuesday. The 31-year-outfielder batted .290 with 23 homers and 99 RBIs for the Seattle Mariners this year. Seattle declined its $9 million option and Guillen turned down a $5 million player option, receiving a $500,000 buyout.

Citing business records, the Chronicle reported Guillen bought more than $19,000 worth of drugs from the Palm Beach Rejuvenation Center between May 2002 and June 2005. He played for five teams during that span: the Diamondbacks, Reds, Athletics, Angels and Nationals.

According to the report, some prescriptions for Guillen were written by the same Florida dentist whose license was suspended in 2003 for fraud and incompetence. The dentist also reportedly prescribed HGH to Cleveland Indians pitcher Paul Byrd.

Guillen had some of the shipments sent to the Oakland Coliseum during the 2003 season, after he was traded to the A's, according to the report. The anti-aging clinic was raided in February as part of an investigation by the Albany County, N.Y., district attorney.

It's two different things. Owners (and GMs) dont care as much about the Mitchell Report. Selig, Hall of Fame voters, fans, etc do.

Its why Bonds could still be signed, its why Guillen is getting bank. Owners dont care, they just want to win and make money.

This report WILL be worthy for the other sides though, bank on that. I personally cannot wait till it comes out just for entertainment's sake.

20 days or less
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm not even a fan of baseball...I am curious to see what comes out of this report, though...

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

It's two different things. Owners (and GMs) dont care as much about the Mitchell Report. Selig, Hall of Fame voters, fans, etc do.

Selig really is a toothless tiger without the support of the owners. The Mitchell Report is supported by the owners.

^ The same owners who continue to sign the roid players?

The owners say they are in with it because they have to. Granted some (Moreno, etc) obviously care, but not that many. Players are not going to be blackballedand they are free to keep playing and being signed.

Selig has the power to invoke asterisks or anything similar, fans have the power to voice their opinions, and voters have the power to leave players out of theHall. THEY are on a different plane then GMs and Owners IMO. And thats why the Mitchell Report will have some validity to answer DoubleJs initialquestion/comments. I guess that was my point.

I dont care who's on the list because I think steroids are just like using Creatine, so whatever. I'm just interested who used.

the only people that would even make me look twice would be A-Rod, Griffey, or Clemens ... I dont really know why

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

What's so funny? Creatine isnt a performance enhancer?

A chemical that alters your bodies natural hormone levels is far different from a supplement thats found in most meats and fish.

You might as well just use robots to pitch, catch, run, and hit if you don't care about the presence of performance enhancing drugs like HGH in pro sports.

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

A chemical that alters your bodies natural hormone levels is far different from a supplement thats found in most meats and fish.
Huh? Testosterone is a naturally occurring hormone. Creatine is a naturally occurring organic acid in vertebrates.

What does anabolic steroids do? Protein synthesis, buildup of cellular tissue i.e. MUSCLES

What does Creatine do? Supplies energy to MUSCLE and nerve cells.

What does Whey Protein do? Accelerates MUSCLE development and aids recovery.

Come on now, Ive taken pharmacology classes and did rotations at Sports Medicine clinic. Yall better take those 2-4 year degrees somewhere else.

What does anabolic steroids do? Protein synthesis, buildup of cellular tissue i.e. MUSCLES

Come on now, Ive taken pharmacology classes and did rotations at Sports Medicine clinic. Yall better take those 2-4 year degrees somewhere else.

I don't give a crap if your name is Doctor Gregory House and you worked at the Mayo Clinic. Comparing steroids to creatine is ******ed. If you eat icecream all day, Creatine isn't going to do jack for you. Steroids create muscle mass even if you do nothing.

-Chester McFloppy, M.D.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I don't give a crap if your name is Doctor Gregory House and you worked at the Mayo Clinic. Comparing steroids to creatine is ******ed. If you eat ice cream all day, Creatine isn't going to do jack for you. Steroids create muscle mass even if you do nothing.

-Chester McFloppy, M.D.

Are you not comprehending what Im saying? Creatine and Steroids do the same thing, MUSCLE GROWTH. One is illegal one isnt, one has worse side effects than theother? Why they take too high of a dosage.

my man your wrong....it doesnt even matter if ur right bc steroids are illegal and creatine isnt...if they were legal than there wouldnt be a big deal aboutit....

anywho....how do they decide when this report comes out its so stupid that they're waiting untill the last possible day and when all the baseball meetingsare over....i think next week they will come out bc all the trades will be done....names on the list

Tejada will be on the list though

Huh? Testosterone is a naturally occurring hormone. Creatine is a naturally occurring organic acid in vertebrates.

Altering the NORMAL levels. It's like saying cocaine is the same a sugar cause it gives you a rush.

Altering the NORMAL levels. It's like saying cocaine is the same a sugar cause it gives you a rush.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I don't give a crap if your name is Doctor Gregory House and you worked at the Mayo Clinic. Comparing steroids to creatine is ******ed. If you eat ice cream all day, Creatine isn't going to do jack for you. Steroids create muscle mass even if you do nothing.

-Chester McFloppy, M.D.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

to the guy who posted up there...i think Tejada will be on the list as well...

also...i don't think Sosa ever did steroids, but that's just IMO...dude never really had anything attached to his name as far as steroids so...Bondshad Balco, McGwire had Canseco...Sosa just had the corked bat...him being in that whole era and a prominent figure gets his name tossed in there all the timebut there's never even been hints or rumors about him using it...

this list is going to be huge just for the fact that the Angels owner said people are going to be mad with some of the names on the list and there's somepeople who aren't playing any more are going to get implicated...this could #+*@ up baseball big time and i'm patiently waiting on that list aswell...what if newly inducted hall of famers in the last...i don't know, 5-7 years are implicated? imagine the problem that would cause?

Back
Top Bottom