This is why I have NO sympathy for athletes who go broke. Vol. Amare Stoudemire-----Warning = LONG

one of the comments on the blog page: My neighbor plays with Amare right now, well technically since there are no games going on right now and trust me it is very possible for these guys to go broke quickly.

My neighbor supports at least 30 people in his family directly and indirectly, and pays the mother of his first child $21,000 a month in child support. He has at least two million in cars, a million in jewelry and three personal homes in three different states that he has played in, and mind you, he is one of the smarter ones who still has most of his money.

Got damn, and i just read he found out he was part jewish and he going wild with that. 

The difference between Amare and most athletes who go broke is Amare makes millions a year in endorsements... So he may go broke when it is all said and done, and I bet he hates losing $3million, but being that he's in NYC, and very marketable, he can make that money back..

A few years ago in Phoenix he was making $2.5mil in endorsements... And he's now an even bigger player that he's in a true market, so I'm sure he will make all the money back (away from his regular contract)

I'm not reading all that.
Amare is not the first athlete to lose big on investments.

Most athletes would be better off just not investing at all.

If there's an article longer than 5-10 sentences on NT, I'm not reading it.

Let that dude spend his money.
pimp.gif

Amar'e is like Tiger, dudes fall off for a bit, then have all these endorsement deals that could make the lost money in a matter of time.

But no simpathy for these dudes that are mad rich then go broke, Young Buck for example.

I think he pays something like 40k per month in rent on his W. Village apartment. He's got a HUGE contract + endorsements...so he should be OK. For now. I hope (for his sake) that he doesn't wind up in that 60% of NBA players stat who go broke after retirement.

*Also...he's got some clothing line he's working on too. He's dabbling in a lot of things on the side of basketball.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I like when people post LONG +@* articles about nothing important on a entertainment website and get mad when people ask for cliffs.
laugh.gif

Life on the high horse.

Exactly
  • Unimportant topic
  • Tacky journalism style
  • No Summary / Cliff Notes
Nobody is reading, deal with it.

If the article was written better on a more compelling (subjective yes) topic, I would have read and tried to add value to any ensuing discussion.
But there is no discussion due to way you have presented the article and yourself.

Cheers

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Article is a PITA to read but I love how they mock southwest ranches.

%## is like star island but 30 minutes away from Miami Beach. Super secluded basically surrounded by fields

and lesser suberbs, all the stars have a crib there.

Let that boy cook. (financially wisely)

This is true.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

I tried reading it but everything about those articles is dead annoying.

Basiically...took forever to get to the point, couldnt read it

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Article is a PITA to read but I love how they mock southwest ranches.

%## is like star island but 30 minutes away from Miami Beach. Super secluded basically surrounded by fields

and lesser suberbs, all the stars have a crib there.

Let that boy cook. (financially wisely)

This is true.
My boy was going through cars one day (I do not approve) and ended up in Chad Pennington's escalade.  I saw his NFL player's card and a list of three things to improve from Brian Daboll when he was his QB coach in New York.  I'm right around the area and have friends that live in SW Ranches.  For those that don't know, it is essentially where civilization ends in South Florida going west.  All that is to the west is Everglades and it is right after the end of dade county going north.  I think it's a great location and I give my parents a lot of credit for realizing that.  Basically this is one of the newest parts of South Florida because it was built starting from the east.  My home is from 1997 and there was basically nothing here compared to what it looks like now.  SW Ranches has a lot of small roads and doesn't have any businesses in the heart of it.  However it is surrounded by more upper middle class suburbs (like my own Pembroke Pines) which have all the types of business you would need.  And if all else fails the interstate is right there and takes you to West/ Downtown Miami in 20-50 minutes depending where you need to be.  Add in an extra 10-15 minutes from downtown and you will be in South Beach.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Wow I really hate the writing style of this article.
laugh.gif

Yeah I like looking at different real-estate and design blogs from time to time and this was just a little much on the sarcasm she was typing with...she did her research though. 
Originally Posted by Brandon3000

indifferent.gif
 u mad? go get yours

Not at all... more power to him...but the amount of reverence these guys get is still pretty funny for the amount of utterly stupid things they do...but hey, one life to live, right? 

But its funny to see you guys take certain sides on various lock-out debates when it comes to players and their own money. 

Hell, I wish I had even 300,000 to loose...much less 3,000,000... 

Its all for entertainment. 

The only thing funny is the amount of scrutiny and nitpicking that goes into these athletes financial lives.

Rich white people lose millions of dollars making bad business decisions everyday but it's normal so no one makes a big deal about it.

But let an athlete tatted from head to toe make a bad investment and everyone wants to point and laugh.  
laugh.gif
 Not even remotely true. 

Companies get *%%@ all the time when they %%$+ up an acquisition or investment.  Hell, eBay got a ton of *%%@ for Sykpe, but they're actually net positive on the deal now.   Netflix anyone?

People clown on athletes for investments that go sour because the athletes, more often than not, dont have a !!@!+ clue as to what they're doing.  So they're putting their money at huge risk, without the upside, and lacking due dilligence.  Just handing your money to some guy to invest it for you isn't due dilligence, either.

The article author took Grammar to the backyard and shot it in the face.
That was a horrible read. 
sick.gif

Stat is losing in this economy just like the rest of US homeowners.

Where was that from TMZ? That article could have been like 3 paragraphs if it wasn't for the the excess BS.

But in the end of the day, who cares? He prob made that money on the games he missed to injury. Besides that MTV Cribs fad was last decades thing on one cares what your house looks like anymore

Forget the topic i wanna bombard the writer with complaints of how horrible a writer she is

Originally Posted by trak1sh

thought this was about amare being broke.
THIS

I didn't read anything but from judging from those pics I would have bought that place too.

Thread:

Chris Pronger @chrispronger

I played 20 years in the NHL. I was one of the highest earning NHL players of all time. And friends with many other pro athletes. My guess is more than 50% of pro athletes have financial issues in retirement. -

Back
Top Bottom