This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazard shows up too

But my mans up there feels he's overrated.

Has Pogba shown up enough to warrant his transfer fee yet? In comparison to Hazard? If Hazard can be considered overrated, so can Pogba.

Hazard was being booed this time a year ago, now he's in NBCSN highlights every week.

And these aren't just Adidas football commercials where they show off all their athletes like the James, Bale, Benzema or the Nike style ones.

They literally have a commercial solely about "Pogboom" :lol:

I get it though, its a big money move. But that doesn't make him any less overrated imo when you got guy like Kroos or even Kante who has taken 2 clubs to the top of the EPL table in the span of a year.

Last edited:
Does tier 1 = World class or is world class above tier 1??? People have different scales so i'm trying to figure out how some are grading these players

Where does Olivier Giroud fit into this conversation? 
nerd.gif

Hazard shows up too

Has Pogba shown up enough to warrant his transfer fee yet? In comparison to Hazard? If Hazard can be considered overrated, so can Pogba.

Hazard was being booed this time a year ago, now he's in NBCSN highlights every week.

Hazard went ghost and quit last year though :lol:, dude gets that wrap because he's so often compared to the elite players in the game

Comparing dude and Pogba is off base since one's been in England for 5 years and the other's just in his debut

How are you judging him? Using his fee against him is always gonna be tricky because he's a CM and is never gonna put up flashy goal scoring totals like expensive strikers are expected to but he still has a multifaceted impact on the game.

Oscar just cost something like 25-30m less than Pogba btw,I'd say his fee was more a sign of the times :lol:

Last edited:
with pogba it's hard to say because man u paid way too much for him

all the good clubs knew what pogba's worth was which is why no one wanted to pay that much for him.  

is pogba worth his price tag and weekly wages?

at 6th place and with his meager stats it's hard to say he is. 

chelsea are clearly the best team in the prem and hazard is their best player. 

it's hard to say he is overrated. 

Last edited:
Hazard shows up too

Hazard went ghost and quit last year though :lol:, dude gets that wrap because he's so often compared to the elite players in the game

Comparing dude and Pogba is off base since one's been in England for 5 years and the other's just in his debut

How are you judging him? Using his fee against him is always gonna be tricky because he's a CM and is never gonna put up flashy goal scoring totals like expensive strikers are expected to but he still has a multifaceted impact on the game.

Oscar cost something like 25m less than Pogba btw,I'd say his fee was more a sign of the times :lol:

Yeah but one guys been in england for 5 years, and the other was just in the CL final 2 years ago and dominated Italy. I think you can compare them a bit more than someone who went from a lower table team to a top team :lol:

I'm not saying Pogba is trash or anything. He's obviously far from a trash player, I just think in comparison especially to Hazard especially who has had a better first half of the season than Pogba, Pogba is a little overrated atm.

And I'm not saying his fee is his fault or is any real reason as to why he's overrated, but it does play a part. But when you look at how Kante has bolstered Chelsea early on in the season for a fraction of the cost of Pogba, its hard to look at where the teams are atm and say Pogba might not have been overrated in comparison.

In retrospect, if anyone had the choice of getting Kante and jumping to the top of the league with a comfortable lead versus getting Pogba, I think most would take Kante. Which leaves Poba with a little to be desired atm.

But in terms of future potential, who knows. Dude could be worth every penny. But right now at the end of 2016, Pogba has been a bit more overrated than Hazard. Thats not saying Hazard deserves to be compared to Messi and Ronaldo though. I wouldn't rate him that high

I don't think I could pick a player I feel is overrated right now.

I could say Pulisic just to bother ya but he's so young

Hazard shows up too

And these aren't just Adidas football commercials where they show off all their athletes like the James, Bale, Benzema or the Nike style ones.

I get it though, its a big money move. But that doesn't make him any less overrated imo when you got guy like Kroos or even Kante who has taken 2 clubs to the top of the EPL table in the span of a year.

Hazard didn't show up last year and his performances for Belgium haven't been great. I also find that he over dribbles often. Don't think he'll ever cut that part out of his game.

Would've agreed with you on Pogba before this past summer. Guy was hyped to the moon. But with his average performance at the euros coupled with the transfer to United, it seems people are actually under rating him now.

Let us remember Hazard is only two seasons removed from being the POTY a deserved one IMO when Chelsea last won the league and he seems to be in that form again right now for Chelsea reinvigorated playing under Conte right now. I don't think he is overrated at all I think he is very much a world class player

Last edited:
Hazard shows up too

Hazard didn't show up last year and his performances for Belgium haven't been great. I also find that he over dribbles often. Don't think he'll ever cut that part out of his game.

Would've agreed with you on Pogba before this past summer. Guy was hyped to the moon. But with his average performance at the euros coupled with the transfer to United, it seems people are actually under rating him now.

I think it might balance them out then. Pogba had a much better summer, but thats coming off Chelsea's worst season in a while, where it wasn't only Hazard that had bad season but then entire club.

Where as Hazard was a large piece of Chelsea's league winning team just a season before and now again right after the summer.

But thats why I can't say you're wrong for calling Hazard overrated, because if we look at Pogba's last season and this summer compared to Hazards last season and summer, Hazard would come off overrated. Where Hazard has taken off since then and could be argued as the best player in the Prem atm.

Would that mean that neither are overrated?

I think after this season if Chelsea win the league, the magnitude and importance of Kante will speak volumes. Dude is like a midfield talisman.

Let us remember Hazard is only two seasons removed from being the POTY a deserved one IMO when Chelsea last won the league and he seems to be in that form again right now for Chelsea reinvigorated playing under Conte right now. I don't think he is overrated at all I think he is very much a world class player

Exactly. Dude just had a bad year. But chelsea as a whole had a bad year. Hell, I mean even Moses is out there balling now. A lot has to be credited to the manager though. He's pulling the best out of them. Dude could probably even get Ozil to track back on defense..

Last edited:
Does tier 1 = World class or is world class above tier 1??? People have different scales so i'm trying to figure out how some are grading these players

If you in the tier system you world class.

Tier 1= Neymar Bale Suarez Griezmann

I've had people tell me Hazard was better than a couple of those I've listed. That plus all the plaudits he is receiving currently led me to saying he was overrated. He's good but he isn't THAT good.

Sidebar: Ronaldo and Messi aren't human so they don't count.

Pogba is one of the most overrated players of all time

But you'll never catch a United supporter saying so

Last edited:
:lol: I literally just said I thought people overrated him. The hype has died down considerably though. Magically, since he's joined United, his goal/assist output isn't to everyone's liking. Dude could do no wrong before he joined United.

If you in the tier system you world class.

Tier 1= Neymar Bale Suarez Griezmann

I've had people tell me Hazard was better than a couple of those I've listed. That plus all the plaudits he is receiving currently led me to saying he was overrated. He's good but he isn't THAT good.

Sidebar: Ronaldo and Messi aren't human so they don't count.
Okay so you just don't grade everyone you go by  these are the players in the world class umbrella and these are the different tiers they fall under in that umbrella makes sense. And yeah I think everyone agree's that as long Messi and Ronaldo are playing they deserve to be in a class by themselves no matter how they setup their personal grading scale 
laugh.gif

I personally wouldn't say he is better or equal to Neymar or Bale or Suarez but I think the argument can be made for him being as equally as class as Griezmann is.

I understand what you're saying but I do believe Hazard is THAT good myself. If I where to use you're grading scale I would consider him a tier 1 world class player.

I rate Hazard right there with James, Sanchez, Reus... Basically everyone on the FIFA cover outside Martial :lol:

BREAKING: @Cristiano's agent Jorge Mendes says Real Madrid turned down a €300m offer from unnamed Chinese club for forward.
— Sky Sports News HQ (@SkySportsNewsHQ) December 29, 2016
BREAKING: Mendes says Ronaldo was offered a contract of over €100m per year.
— Sky Sports News HQ (@SkySportsNewsHQ) December 29, 2016
listen....Ronaldo is one of the best to ever do it with an amazing passion for the game..but if someone throws those numbers at me...............bruh

But I guess thats the difference between me and someone like Ronaldo who already has pretty much everything he's ever dreamed of seems like 
laugh.gif

Speaking of MLS...Someone withe the AJC wrote an article trying to predict Atlanta United's starting lineup

GK: Brad Guzan. Signing hasn’t been announced yet, but the rumor has been out there for weeks. Only thing stopping it is China. What, too soon?

LB: Greg Garza will give Martino a bombing presence up the flank in its preferred pressing approach.

CB: Zach Loyd is the penciled-in starter here. There are rumors that Atlanta United wants to sign a top-level CB (no offense to Loyd). It would seem unlikely that player would push out Parkhurst.

CB: Michael Parkhurst. Seems likely to be made captain, but that’s just a guess.

RB: Mark Bloom/Mikey Ambrose. Bloom has posted one good season in MLS, so this spot may be up for grabs.

LM: Chris McCann/Kevin Kratz. Competition at this spot between these two.

CM: Miguel Almiron. The playmaker in the middle of the pitch for the team.

RM: Jeff Larentowicz. Not his ideal spot, but he will likely tuck in with Garza attacking the outside flanks.

RW: Jacob Peterson. Not confident in this pick, but I think it’s too soon for Andrew Carleton.

CF: Kenwyne Jones. The target man for the wingers and overlapping fullbacks.

LW: Hector Villalba. The speedy winger could thrive in Martino’s system.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/predicting-atlanta-united-starting/jZ5lEYnTK8dsUpfx9qr97M/

Last edited:
^I hope Carleton is handled with care. Technique and IQ are good enough for MLS right now which is the scary part, hope Atlanta doesn't put too much on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom