This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...

Whether you have a good or great lieutenant or not, this is never a good idea. Jose apparently is taking a hands off approach to training while he retreats to his desk to let Rui Faria run the training.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/mourinhos-hands-off-role-stuns-players-w6nkgvflr

No wonder they've looked woefully prepared & sometimes lost for a lot of their games. :smh:

IMO, this is really really bad.

SAF has stated he did the exact same thing for years.

Coaches did the daily hands on work, while he sat back analysed the team and tactics.

Truth is, once again, whatever Mou does at United, it's always going to look bad (based on current results). If he was hands on, they'd say it's too much. If he's hands off, it's like he's not involved enough. The papers will look for anything to sell headlines...

Last edited:
Ummm, eiddy... Do you think that approach has worked in his last 3 stops?!?!

Do you think it's working now? How woefully unprepared did United look this weekend?

C'mon man....

Last edited:
Ummm, eiddy... Do you think that approach has worked in his last 3 stops?!?!

Do you think it's working now? How woefully unprepared did United look this weekend?

C'mon man....

If that's how Mou has always managed. I have no issue with him keeping up that way of management.

The issue right now with Mou is his tactics and team selection, not whether he is hands on.

They've complained about training methods for the last 3 years,do they want someone hard/hot headed like a Roy Keane to come in or what? It's ridiculous :lol: :smh:

Always suspected the "senior source" behind a lot of these to be an experienced English player that's on the fringes of the squad with cosy media ties...

Could be Carrick but I never thought it'd be in his temperament. Whoever it is though,I doubt Mou's gonna have the patience to deal with another mole...

Last edited:
Plus SAF method of training is different from what's described from Jose's.

SAF was at least on the side line making observations & evaluating player strength & weaknesses. He was also fully integrated with the players so he knew when to throw a hairdryer & such...

Last edited:
They've complained about training methods for the last 3 years,do they want someone hard/hot headed like a Roy Keane to come in or what? It's ridiculous :lol: :smh:

Always suspected the "senior source" behind a lot of these to be an experienced English player that's on the fringes of the squad with cosy media ties...

Could be Carrick but I never thought it'd be in his temperament. Whoever it is though,I doubt Mou's gonna have the patience to deal with another mole...

I'm sayin tho!

These players need to man up. They're paid to be professional footballers. That means get it together. Even if tactically you're not playing as a unit, at least individually look like you give a damn out there on the pitch. Give it your all. Quit running to the media to cry about this and that, and put in that work...

United's formation is problematic. But what's frustrating is also injuries (to a certain extent). Why can't I just have Shaw, Mkhi, Martial, Mata, Morgan, Smalling, Bailley, Carrick all fit at the same time?

Anyway, what frustrates me now about Mou is still this far into the season we're still not 100% sure what the starting 11 is. Now, Oct is still extremely early days, you can't win the league in Oct but you sure as *#$& can lose it in Oct.

I heard a pundit saying United don't have a CDM, and that's part of the problem. I'm genuinely not understanding this here because what does position does Morgan play? Last I checked, isn't Blind a CDM?

Everyone is talking about Pogba being trash, but that's simply untrue. But I get it, everyone wants to have a laugh at the money spent. Thing is, Pogba's got the talent, but his supporting cast is constantly changing and often one of them isn't even a footballer in my opinion. Pogba will flourish once he's got a consistent supporting cast, and who are actually remotely decent in their position. I can't see how playing 3 attacking mids (Ander, Pogba Fellaini) will lead to positive results.
mean.gif

I'll stand by it until I see it and watch it fail but personally; I want to see Mata, Mkhi, Martial, Schneiderlin, Bailley, Pogba, Herrera on the pitch at the same time, in their correct positions...
My thoughts exactly.  I understand that you deploy certain players based on the matchup but there still needs to be consistency.  I'd be more comfortable deploying Blind as a CDM than having him as part of the back 4.  I've seen him make a handful of mistakes that lead to goals. 

Well Timbers off season is kicking off perfectly.

Portland Timbers defender Liam Ridgewell and goalkeeper Jake Gleeson were arrested overnight for driving under the influence.
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/timbers-players-ridgewell-gleeson-arrested-for-dui-55015/

Not even sure I want Ridgewell back, but Gleeson is our only keeper... for now at least.

@NomadicSole21 @Reggie Kush

It's ok, Timbers got that odd year luck :nerd:
They will come back stronger than this season

Drogba's traveling with the Impact to DC...:nerd:
Ruh roh
But I still think D.C. got a decent shot at advancing
Bill Hamid :pimp:

Last edited:
But bruhs it gets worse/comical. Drunk Gleeson crashed his car then called Drunk Ridgewell to come pick him up, and Drunk Ridgewell did and then got arrested for DUI.

Officers responded and found Gleeson's BMW sustained front-end damage with its airbag deployed after what appeared to be into the rear of another car, he said.

"He had also apparently called a friend to come pick him up, and that was Ridgewell," Hamann said. After field sobriety tests were finished, officers determined both men were impaired, he said.

Mata and Mkhi. They got two number 10s being under-utilized right now.

Firstly, that 4-2-3-1 doesn't work with this current Utd squad...
Utd gotta switch up the formation but knowing Mou's stubborn ***, this will never happen.
Martial was Utd's top scorer last season with 17 goals simply because he was the fulcrum of Utd's attack... Zlatan's arrival unfortunately stifled that... and Rashford's not a natural winger nor the best crosser of the ball so there's only so much he could do down that flank.

i believe when Liverpool finished second in the league a few seasons ago, Brendan Rodgers played a 4-4-2 diamond with Gerrard sitting deep, Sterling at RCM and Coutinho roaming behind the front two of Sturridge and Suarez. That formation was tailor-made for that squad.
Utd can deploy similar tactics with a back four of Valencia,Bailly,Blind,Shaw... Schneiderlin is perfect for that CDM role with Herrera and Pogba at RCM and LCM respectively. Mata's experience would get him the nod ahead of Mkhi in the 10.
Zlatan's lack of mobility has many times left him isolated upfront, so Martial would be the perfect foil for him to play off of.

That should leave Romero, Darmian, Rojo, Carrick, Lingard, Mkhitaryan and Rashford as subs. Not too bad if you ask me.

Opinions? @beans718 @Rolaholic @eiddyfouw @SinnerP @sneaksoy1
Let's start at the back... really, what happened to Mikey?  He was fairly decent last season!  Valencia & Bailly have been good, but Bailly is now out for 2 months!  Not sure about the other half of the back four.  Surely Shaw over Rojo.  Blind has done reasonably well at times, but isn't the long-term solution, is he?

MF - I'd want to keep Rashford and Martial up front, so I'm not gonna include them in here.  Which leaves Pogba, Ander, Mata, Jesse, Mkhi, Carrick & Morgan.  Not sure how to rotate them.  Unless they put 5 in the MF.

The problem is that I never expected Zlatan to be used this much as a striker.  I figured that Jose would rotate him a bit with Tony or Marcus.  

Missed the entire weekend of football and I'm slowly trying to catch up with highlights.

What a pass and then a goal from Boateng for Las Palmas.

Coutinho is soo good man :smh:

That Val-Bar game was :pimp:

What happened to United? 4-0 against Chelsea? :lol:

ESPNFC's Alexis Nunes... That West Indian accent gets me every time.... :pimp:

View media item 2209350
Caribbean women>>>>

And it's not even close.

What has Messi done to deserve the Ballon d'Or?
won la liga double

most MOTM performances of the best team in spain
They keep moving the goal posts for Messi

When Ronaldo gets the most goals in Europe it's about trophies

When Ronaldo wins Euro and CL i. The same year it's about MOTM

Etc

Had Antoine not missed those crucial penalties I would reconsider

Last edited:
What has Messi done to deserve the Ballon d'Or?
won la liga double

most MOTM performances of the best team in spain
They keep moving the goal posts for Messi

When Ronaldo gets the most goals in Europe it's about trophies

When Ronaldo wins Euro and CL i. The same year it's about MOTM

Etc

Had Antoine not missed those crucial penalties I would reconsider

agree with this.

It seems way too much of a slam dunk to go to Ronnie this year that makes me think they will mess it up. People try to discredit Messi by saying oh but Argentina never won anything he can't do it for club and country....then ronnie does and its not really that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom