This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% accurate. Once the Argentine public turns on a player, it is pretty difficult for him to regain their support :lol:

This lady who used to watch me Aida... To this day she was fit the description I mentioned (gave the best hugs to), but if the talk turned to football or you spoke ill of San Lorenzo... :stoneface:

I remember seeing her get into football arguments with friends & family... The way she expressed herself with her hands, it looked like she was doing kung fu moves... :lol:

Edit - Actually, now that I think about it... My first taste of Serie A was due to the Argentine families I grew up with... Outside of their home teams, Argentines (at least old school ones) love them some Serie A....

Last edited:
100% accurate. Once the Argentine public turns on a player, it is pretty difficult for him to regain their support :lol:

This lady who used to watch me Aida... To this day she was fit the description I mentioned (gave the best hugs to), but if the talk turned to football or you spoke ill of San Lorenzo... :stoneface:

I remember seeing her get into football arguments with friends & family... The way she expressed herself with her hands, it looked like she was doing kung fu moves... :lol:

Edit - Actually, now that I think about it... My first taste of Serie A was due to the Argentine families I grew up with... Outside of their home teams, Argentines (at least old school ones) love them some Serie A....

She was also a San Lorenzo supporter? Smart woman. But yeah, we take our club footy very seriously. My dad gets extremely defensive when any of his buddies tries to slander San Lorenzo :lol:

Was this in the late 90s/early 2000s? That was when Serie A was king. Plus, Serie A has always been one of the more, if not the most, popular landing spots for Argentine players.

Wasn't expecting this but nice :lol: :smokin

@SquawkaNews: OFFICIAL: Antoine Griezmann has been named the best player in LaLiga for the 2015/16 season.

Thought a member of the Trident would get it for sure

Last edited:
Griez getting shine :pimp:

If they would have won the Euro's he would be my favorite for B D'or

Been following Griezmann's career since his Sociedad days and it's dope to see him achieve what he's achieved. I knew that boy was going to shine. :smokin

Y'all really need to explain this to me. I just started following soccer this year.

How can I come to any other conclusion other than Morinho is trash?

Wasn't Chelsea a dumpster fire last year? Morinho gets fired and they are good.

Morinho goes the Man U and now Man U is a dupster fire?

Dude seems like trash to me...also I keep hearing people say Pogba would be better in a 4-3-3, or somethign? I don't know what that means but it sounds like Morinho's fault. :smh:

When news of his hire hit, my criticism & why I thought he was a terrible hire for United or any big club was his recent resume. He's flamed out at each of his stops, the last one worse than the previous. He never learns from his mistakes, worse he continues to make the same mistakes over & over. Not only is he stubborn, but he's borderline megalomaniacal. That plus old age (when most people get set in their ways) is dangerous combo. He's shown no willingness to evolve & will always blames others for losses or mistakes made.

If Les Bleus won the Euro like they were supposed to (Deschamps effed it all up), Griez would've been the Bd'O winner... :smh:

Last edited:
You know on paper, yes Ronnie should win but aside from some goals scored against lesser opponents in earlier stages of CL (& the pk in the CL final), he didn't playing well for club or country. He wasn't the catalyst that got Madrid & Portugal those trophies. They won in spite of him really. I'm not a Ronnie basher either, I love watching him play.

In a fantasy world, I'd like to see Griez or Don Iniesta get it.

Last edited:
If France won the Euro Cup, Griez deserved it

in a perfect world he would of won both UCL and Euro last summer

When news of his hire hit, my criticism & why I thought he was a terrible hire for United or any big club was his recent resume. He's flamed out at each of his stops, the last one worse than the previous. He never learns from his mistakes, worse he continues to make the same mistakes over & over. Not only is he stubborn, but he's borderline megalomaniacal. That plus old age (when most people get set in their ways) is dangerous combo. He's shown no willingness to evolve & will always blames others for losses or mistakes made.

If Les Bleus won the Euro like they were supposed to (Deschamps effed it all up), Griez would've been the Bd'O winner... :smh:

had to google megalomaniacal, not even gonna lie

Dude is salty he can't even get minutes over Rocco :rofl:

Today was Wazza's 31st Birthday and what would you know,the papers started publishing stories suggesting that Mou has told him to leave if he wants regular 1st team footy...

They're not the most reputable sources but it feels lowkey coordinated from somewhere/one coming out today of all days :lol: :x

@DExpress_Sport: Report - Wayne Rooney has been told by Jose Mourinho to leave Man United #MUFC http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Man-United-Jose-Mourinho-Old-Trafford-future

Doubt he's gonna want to leave his 300k a week job even if he's a squad player now though :lol:

Last edited:
You know on paper, yes Ronnie should win but aside from some goals scored against lesser opponents in earlier stages of CL (& the pk in the CL final), he didn't playing well for club or country. He wasn't the catalyst that got Madrid & Portugal those trophies. They won in spite of him really. I'm not a Ronnie basher either, I love watching him play.

In a fantasy world, I'd like to see Griez or Don Iniesta get it.

I'm not saying that I think he deserves it, but if you're going to be that specific about what he did in the CL, you can't omit the comeback against Wolfsburg

Roo's camp notorious for leaking stuff.. so wouldn't surprise me.

I gotta agree with my man PSK's assessment, that this team has more than enough talent to compete, Mou has just gotten wrong more than right with line ups/tactics so far. He has to show he can adapt and fast.

Wonder who'd take Mou if he gets the boot. As everyone mentioned his tactics is old and he's too stubborn for his own good. Maybe he can give Inter another go after De Boer heads to Barca

Mata and Mkhi. They got two number 10s being under-utilized right now.

Firstly, that 4-2-3-1 doesn't work with this current Utd squad...
Utd gotta switch up the formation but knowing Mou's stubborn ***, this will never happen.
Martial was Utd's top scorer last season with 17 goals simply because he was the fulcrum of Utd's attack... Zlatan's arrival unfortunately stifled that... and Rashford's not a natural winger nor the best crosser of the ball so there's only so much he could do down that flank.

i believe when Liverpool finished second in the league a few seasons ago, Brendan Rodgers played a 4-4-2 diamond with Gerrard sitting deep, Sterling at RCM and Coutinho roaming behind the front two of Sturridge and Suarez. That formation was tailor-made for that squad.
Utd can deploy similar tactics with a back four of Valencia,Bailly,Blind,Shaw... Schneiderlin is perfect for that CDM role with Herrera and Pogba at RCM and LCM respectively. Mata's experience would get him the nod ahead of Mkhi in the 10.
Zlatan's lack of mobility has many times left him isolated upfront, so Martial would be the perfect foil for him to play off of.

That should leave Romero, Darmian, Rojo, Carrick, Lingard, Mkhitaryan and Rashford as subs. Not too bad if you ask me.

Opinions? Beans Beans rolaholic rolaholic @eiddyfouw @SinnerP sneaksoy sneaksoy

i like it.. i would even flirt with dropping Zlatan and playing with a pace counter..

honestly everyone counting out Mourinho is just gonna fuel that ego.. still have my money on him to turn it around and when he does he will ensure EVERYONE knows about it lol

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind Ibra being dropped against high pressing,aggressive squads. His tendency to roam deep is especially counter productive against them

Wonder who'd take Mou if he gets the boot. As everyone mentioned his tactics is old and he's too stubborn for his own good. Maybe he can give Inter another go after De Boer heads to Barca

View media item 2209101
I don't see De Boer heading to Barca anytime soon though :lol:,he needs to help Inter turn things around first

Last edited:

had to google megalomaniacal, not even gonna lie

real life.

Mata and Mkhi. They got two number 10s being under-utilized right now.

Firstly, that 4-2-3-1 doesn't work with this current Utd squad...
Utd gotta switch up the formation but knowing Mou's stubborn ***, this will never happen.
Martial was Utd's top scorer last season with 17 goals simply because he was the fulcrum of Utd's attack... Zlatan's arrival unfortunately stifled that... and Rashford's not a natural winger nor the best crosser of the ball so there's only so much he could do down that flank.

i believe when Liverpool finished second in the league a few seasons ago, Brendan Rodgers played a 4-4-2 diamond with Gerrard sitting deep, Sterling at RCM and Coutinho roaming behind the front two of Sturridge and Suarez. That formation was tailor-made for that squad.
Utd can deploy similar tactics with a back four of Valencia,Bailly,Blind,Shaw... Schneiderlin is perfect for that CDM role with Herrera and Pogba at RCM and LCM respectively. Mata's experience would get him the nod ahead of Mkhi in the 10.
Zlatan's lack of mobility has many times left him isolated upfront, so Martial would be the perfect foil for him to play off of.

That should leave Romero, Darmian, Rojo, Carrick, Lingard, Mkhitaryan and Rashford as subs. Not too bad if you ask me.

Opinions? Beans Beans rolaholic rolaholic @eiddyfouw @SinnerP sneaksoy sneaksoy

Wouldn't be the worst. I'm not ready to throw Mou under the bus yet because a lot of the times United have struggled this season have been a result of poor performances by the individual players. Y'all can love Pogba and I'm glad he's in red, but he was terrible yesterday regardless of the formation or his teammates. Gave away possession like it was a free car on Oprah the whole game.

I've been a proponent of Schneiderlin going back to last year and never understood why he hasn't been shown consistent time. I think he absolutely needs to start every game at CDM and when he's not available, play Carrick there. Carrick may be a step slow now but still has great touch.

I think United could actually be decent in a 3-5-2 with Bailly/Blind/Smalling at the back, Valencia and Herrera as wingers (Herrera tracks back pretty well), with Schneiderlin as CDM, Pogba and Mata as the other two MF, and then Zlatan/Rashford/Tony rotating up top. Then you'd have Mhki as a sub for Pogba/Mata, Darmian and Shaw as backups for the wingbacks. Biggest issue is just the lack of depth and quality in the back 3, but I think this would be an interesting lineup for us.

More realistically, I'd like to see a 4-4-1-1 of sorts with Shaw/Blind/Bailly/Valencia, Schneiderlin/Martial/Pogba/Mata, Zlatan in front of that line and Rashford all the way up top. Need that speed at the top for sure.

I don't think it's Mou's tactics as much as his lineup choices that have been less-than-ideal so far. Please no more Fro, Roo, or Lingard. And need Pogba, Zlatan, and Martial to put in some higher quality performances for us, they obviously have the ability but haven't been great thus far this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom