This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope its true, apparently his agent started following Liverpool's Twitter page and tweeted a photo of plane tickets to England.

lol agents be doing the most... as a fan of all things transfer window, I appreciate how petty/gossipy they can be

Arsenal are monitoring several targets including Alexandre Lacazette, Kylian Mbappe, Thomas Lemar and Celtic's Moussa Dembele. [@JamesOlley]
David Ornstein on #afc: "They'll inevitably have to sell players to free up funds for wages. It will be a busy few months at the Emirates."
@MarkyMBryans Spoke to Perez's agent: “We want to leave and Arsenal already know. Do you know anyone who is happy but has no opportunities?”
-I'd imainge that Gibbs, Jenkinson, Debuchy, Sanogo,Szczensy, Akpom/Perez, and Ospina.

Last edited:
Arsenal ain't signing any of those targets lol

:lol: We would only really have a shot at Dembele but I'm sure he's not ready to move for the same reasons why he moved the Celtics in the first place. We'll end up with that Nigerian kid for about 6mil who will prob get loaned out for 2 seasons and then get injured shortly after his debut for us :lol: :smh:

ray using magisterial in the review 
nthat.gif

Last edited:

If Real have bid £60m for De Gea, they haven't been speaking to right person. @ManUtd not aware of any offer. (Simon Stone)

Nooooow we can say silly season officially begins.

And just to add for good measure...the annual Cristiano Salary Raise Through Transfer Bait comments...

Cristiano Ronaldo: I don't like being whistled at, it never happened to me in Manchester. I am delighted in Spain but I have Manchester in my memory [as well].

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if an "official" bid was made or not.  They probably just wanted to get the story out... get the rumor rollin'... get it into DDG's mind that he's wanted.  

Not sure if it has mentioned. I'm sure t has but how would getting Griez work for Untied if Atleti are on transfer ban. Won't they just stop him from leaving or make united pay more ?

Not sure if it has mentioned. I'm sure t has but how would getting Griez work for Untied if Atleti are on transfer ban. Won't they just stop him from leaving or make united pay more ?

I may be wrong, but once a release clause has been activated, the buying club simply has to agree to terms with the player.

@RobDawsonESPN
United's interest in Griezmann has cooled. Situation with Ibrahimovic means striker is top priority this summer rather than a No.10.

@TelegraphDucker
Sources have confirmed #mufc have changed priorities in recent weeks and will now NOT move for Griezmann at this time (1/2)

The Ibra injury has forced #mufc to change from wanting a No 10 (Griezmann) to now needing another No 9, which becomes the priority (2/2)

I may be wrong, but once a release clause has been activated, the buying club simply has to agree to terms with the player.

I see. So from that when clubs do contracts with buy out clauses they are essentially stating the transfer fee up front. But that does make sense then.

I see. So from that when clubs do contracts with buy out clauses they are essentially stating the transfer fee up front. But that does make sense then.

Release clause is very helpful because it prevents a club for losing out on a big player for a cheaper price if the player is angry and wants to leave.

It's basically just a future valuation of a player for safety of the club. It's also helpful on scaring off other clubs who think about putting in a cheeky bid for a valuable player.

They're helpful but if a player really wants to leave they will... :lol: see William Gallas transfe r

Good news
BREAKING: Benfica have announced to CMVM that they have agreed to sell Ederson Moraes to Manchester City for €40m  
DBOTiROXcAALhAg.jpg:large

As soon as the 3rd party read tape is done all will be Gucci.
 Manchester City are closing in on a £40m deal for Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy (22). [@SkyKaveh]
Kaveh Solhekol with Sky Sports better not be playing wit my emotions 

People at Sky and Sky Sports got they twitter fingers going
City fear they will be forced to pay more than £50m for Van Dijk, due to competition from Chelsea and Liverpool. [Sky Sports / Sky sources]
No contract has been signed yet, but Mendy has chosen City over Liverpool, with a deal to be formalised in the coming days. [Sky Sports]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom