This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you think MLS quality is a joke now, you didn't watch how it used to be a decade ago.
I've been watching since metro stars existed. The league is garbage. They had a chance to improve by signing young unknowns from outside the US but instead they wasted money on washed up players from europe whose careers were past their expiration date.

MLS could be profitable and gain renown if they sign young unknowns and sell them to European clubs for profit.
fwiw the league actually started bringing in players that you described about 2-3 years ago.

If you think MLS quality is a joke now, you didn't watch how it used to be a decade ago.
I've been watching since metro stars existed. The league is garbage. They had a chance to improve by signing young unknowns from outside the US but instead they wasted money on washed up players from europe whose careers were past their expiration date.

MLS could be profitable and gain renown if they sign young unknowns and sell them to European clubs for profit.
fwiw the league actually started bringing in players that you described about 2-3 years ago.
:lol: I was gonna say that
Toronto, Portland, Seattle, and Atlanta are prime examples.

Chelsea washes Arsenal 3-0 followed by everyone having a complete meltdown at AFTV.

I'm expecting us to wash Arsenal.

We better.

Might do a bet on Chelsea to win by more than 1

Anyone catching the FA Cup final later?

Apparently the Gunners won't have Kos or Mustafi...RIP :x

No kos, mustafi, Gabriel, or cech

Was ready to take the L already buf now lets goooo :lol:

Welp :x :x

End of the season AFTV should be lit postmatch...

Wash y'all collective faces

SHOUT OUT TO MY FELLOW GOONIES!

Carvajal
Varane
Jesus Vallejo
Marcos Llorente
Diego Llorente
Theo Hernandez

Future goat defense

Flo better not ruin this

Last edited:

This. MLS has vastly improved and dont even have to go that far back. Last 4 seasons have been an upgrade.
Really has. Now teams vary from mid tier EFL championship to upper EFL league 1 quality type of play.
7 years ago it would be upper EFL league 1 to league 2 quality.

World Soccer Talk podcast and Grant Whal's podcast, both have recently had episodes with good segments criticizing the MLS/US soccer. The MLS is so concerned with expanding it's brand and reaching out to non-soccer fans, non-MLS fans while not doing anything for their core fans. They could improve the quality, it has gotten better but they still have some ways to go. I get why they want to expand and increase exposure. I think this season, there happens to be more young players getting regular playing time than the last few seasons by a decent amount

US Soccer has all that money, they could easily put it towards youth and coach development but I hear that they are prioritizing developing a national team training facility.

Gio not getting called
mean.gif
roll.gif

19 years old. Likely future LB/CB for RM, dropping a golazo against Barca in a cup final :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom