This Country Hasn't Changed One Bit

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

It's been over 40 years since the civil rights movement and this country hasn't changed one bit. The only difference is that people keep their racism to themselves. I'm seriously tired of this crap.
welcome to reality as long as the white man is in control of things

Preach. Only white men are racist: FACT

So you created a thread so black people could come in and whine about whites.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

It's been over 40 years since the civil rights movement and this country hasn't changed one bit. The only difference is that people keep their racism to themselves. I'm seriously tired of this crap.

True Story

.When the old timers pass, then things will change for u fellas.. but from what I see on TV Americans are very stupid people.

Originally Posted by theyhatinonme

So you created a thread so black people could come in and whine about whites.
indifferent.gif
A Mexican made this thread unless he's trying to instigate!
I mean what good is it doing to sit and whine about this stuff black, white, mexican, asian or whatever else you are I think sitting andcomplaining is only increasing the division in america. So I am gonna do something positive and rock my Obama shirt
pimp.gif
and vote on november 4. I am against racism. But on here it seems like thereis mostly racism against white people and everyone tries to justify it. So I grow tired of people saying whites are the reason for all the problems in theworld.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

totally disagree.

i actually agree with dirty.

i mean c'mon yea USA still got problems but how you gonna say it hasnt changed in 40 years?

totally disagree.
I knew you would.
yes, b/c my own political leaning makes me view the world with rose colored glasses
eyes.gif

seriously though...."this country hasn't changed one bit."
...come on now
what a ridiculous statement to make...
are there still some backwards *#* people? of course...yes
but are there more people than ever who have grown up more accepting and tolerant of other people than ever?...hell yes.
Exactly, my sentiments Dirty.
To say it hasn't changed is NON-SENSE.

If it hasn't changed, you want to go back to 1939?
Alright lets make 2009... 1939 instead when it turns January 1st and tell me how you feel.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by Ritch1088

True Story
I am sorry but this is sad. It is true that their is still a ton of racist in America especially among white Americas but black Americans need to stop blaming white people for their problems. Every race hates, every race needs to change, and every race is responsible for the current state of affairs.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I finally completely agree with you on something!!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

totally disagree.
I knew you would.
yes, b/c my own political leaning makes me view the world with rose colored glasses
eyes.gif

seriously though...."this country hasn't changed one bit."
...come on now
what a ridiculous statement to make...
are there still some backwards *#* people? of course...yes
but are there more people than ever who have grown up more accepting and tolerant of other people than ever?...hell yes.
Exactly, my sentiments Dirty.
To say it hasn't changed is NON-SENSE.

If it hasn't changed, you want to go back to 1939?
Alright lets make 2009... 1939 instead when it turns January 1st and tell me how you feel.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by Ritch1088

True Story
I am sorry but this is sad. It is true that their is still a ton of racist in America especially among white Americas but black Americans need to stop blaming white people for their problems. Every race hates, every race needs to change, and every race is responsible for the current state of affairs.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I finally completely agree with you on something!!!
laugh.gif
TBone don't come in here talking about how this country has changed when you yourself have said racist crap about blacks and latinos on NT.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

laugh.gif
That thought is seriously true. Though a lot of culturaldiversity has come to be accepted. But there's WAAAAAY more racism out there than what's exposed on the surface.

I doubt a black man in 1968 could be this close to becoming the next president though, so Id say things have changed for the most part

Originally Posted by InTheBean

I agree. All the old-timers in this country are obviously still racist, and they've passed their racist sentiments onto their children and grandchildren. The best we can hope for is for racism to be blanketed until it is nearly invisible, b/c it will never fully go away

Partially true. I help some elderly white folk who live in a suburb and their not racist towards me (I'm Mexican), but I can almost guarantee you that theyhave racist thoughts at times. Who doesn't? I have racist thoughts about every race, mostly about stereotypes. Exp. White people are racist, coloredpeople are dangerous, Asians are good at math. I don't hate people it's just that so many races enforce stereotypes, especially the young people.I'm not racist like, "I hate black people and look at those Mexicans, probably all illegals who don't pay taxes.They are all trash, whitepower!".

Mexicans and Blacks around my way are all "gangsters" and bums, some white people are racist (I have white friends that treat me like one of them)and things like that make me think racist thoughts. I think as long as people are different colors people will continue to have racist thoughts, someexpressing them more than others.

I can't agree with the country hasn't changed one bit, look at the young people, although some enforce stereotypes, they are much more open-minded thanother generations.

The only real problem I have with racism at the moment is how many don't care when they're racist against Arabs and Hispanics/Latinos. You can't beracist towards Blacks because it's bad, but it is acceptable to be racist towards Hispanics/Latinos and Arabs openly.

Like someone said earlier, all races make their children racist. Mexicans are racist, Blacks are racist, Whites are racist, racism will never disappear. Peoplewill have racist thoughts until the end of time.

Basically, racism exist, and will never end, but things have gotten better. Many people have become more accepting, but everyone will always have"racist" thoughts in the back of their mind.

Honestly, I've met more racist minorities (Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, Latinos etc) than racist whites...

I'm South Asian if that matters.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Honestly, I've met more racist minorities (Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, Latinos etc) than racist whites...

I'm South Asian if that matters.

You wonder why?

As Paul Mooney says If I'm racist I had the best teacher imaginable- "The white man"
laugh.gif

In the 40's there was a doll test in elementary schools. 1 black doll, one white. The black students were asked to choose which doll was the pretty one.

Lets just say they did the same experiment 3 months ago- SAME RESULTS

Originally Posted by RDubb

I doubt a black man in 1968 could be this close to becoming the next president though, so Id say things have changed for the most part
indifferent.gif

cause they NEED him

4yrs under mccain = usa taking more L's and turning into the slums ,white people dont want to be living in the projects

Please don't comment on subjects you possess no knowledge of.

Irrelevant to the topic, but true none the less.

Sidebar: More blacks were in college during the 70's than right now

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Originally Posted by InTheBean

I agree. All the old-timers in this country are obviously still racist, and they've passed their racist sentiments onto their children and grandchildren. The best we can hope for is for racism to be blanketed until it is nearly invisible, b/c it will never fully go away

Partially true. I help some elderly white folk who live in a suburb and their not racist towards me (I'm Mexican), but I can almost guarantee you that they have racist thoughts at times. Who doesn't? I have racist thoughts about every race, mostly about stereotypes. Exp. White people are racist, colored people are dangerous, Asians are good at math. I don't hate people it's just that so many races enforce stereotypes, especially the young people. I'm not racist like, "I hate black people and look at those Mexicans, probably all illegals who don't pay taxes.They are all trash, white power!".

Mexicans and Blacks around my way are all "gangsters" and bums, some white people are racist (I have white friends that treat me like one of them) and things like that make me think racist thoughts. I think as long as people are different colors people will continue to have racist thoughts, some expressing them more than others.

I can't agree with the country hasn't changed one bit, look at the young people, although some enforce stereotypes, they are much more open-minded than other generations.

The only real problem I have with racism at the moment is how many don't care when they're racist against Arabs and Hispanics/Latinos. You can't be racist towards Blacks because it's bad, but it is acceptable to be racist towards Hispanics/Latinos and Arabs openly.

Like someone said earlier, all races make their children racist. Mexicans are racist, Blacks are racist, Whites are racist, racism will never disappear. People will have racist thoughts until the end of time.

Basically, racism exist, and will never end, but things have gotten better. Many people have become more accepting, but everyone will always have "racist" thoughts in the back of their mind.

eek.gif
I just believe that everybody is racist in some way or an other, everybody has those thoughts. I'm an open-minded individual who has friendsfrom all types of racial backgrounds, I myself am an illegal immigrant and i have racist thoughts about my people, mostly ones about how they might try to robme (when i'm in the "hood").

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I don't think you can blame that on the white man. Probly due to the fact that young black people don't want to be called a house negroby their fellow black people for studying and getting into school. There was a thread about Obama being called a house negro by a black preacher and like 5NTers agreed with it.

i got to a predominantly white private school and you should hear some of the %+@+ these racists white kids say. it pisses me off so much. im white if thatmatters.

I don't think you can blame that on the white man. Probly due to the fact that young black people don't want to be called a house negro by their fellow black people for studying and getting into school. There was a thread about Obama being called a house negro by a black preacher and like 5 NTers agreed with it.

Yeah I made that thread.

Your telling me blacks don't wanna learn because they look like a house negro?....couldn't be further from the truth.
smh.gif
x 100'000

Since it offended some people I took it down. I put it up because it shows how even though this country has made drastic changes, its still not enough. This issupposed to be 2008 and you got dudes out in the open with shirts on like that? Really?

I don't think you can blame that on the white man. Probly due to the fact that young black people don't want to be called a house negro by their fellow black people for studying and getting into school. There was a thread about Obama being called a house negro by a black preacher and like 5 NTers agreed with it.

Yeah I made that thread.

Your telling me blacks don't wanna learn because they look like a house negro?....couldn't be further from the truth.
smh.gif
x 100'000

MmmK thought I was the only one.

Yeah I made that thread.

smh.gif
x 100'000
How is the man to blame exactly? colleges do not discriminate based on race. I didn't want to go to college because I had enough of theeducation system and realized that most of the important things I know I learned on my own with the exeption of basic reading and math. College is not the beall and end all, my sister just graduated college with a biology degree and all she has to show for it is being in debt over $10,000. She can't get a jobusing her degree at all. I feel bad for her that she went to college in the first place.

Now I have gone off and changed the subject. Back on topic. You made the thread so you know very well people are calling Obama a house negro that to me is aprime example of black on black racism and I find it disgusting. Obama is doing him. He didn't choose to be a thug he wanted to go a different route soprops to him for doing what he wanted to do.

Back
Top Bottom