THEE OFFICIAL PLAYOFFS THREAD OF THE B2B NBA CHAMPIONS @MiamiHEAT

Hopefully Spo gives Liggins sufficient minutes to see what he can bring to this team. This signing kind of came out of the blue to me, I trust Riley though. Ira Winderman made a good point when he said to consider that Spo is having a hard time finding playing time for Haslem, James Jones, and Rashard Lewis. So any guys we bring in will have to be able to outperform any of those guys off the bat.

I would of really liked us to go after either Granger or Ivan Johnson.

im glad we didnt get granger. AGAIN, just how much firepower do some of you want on this team really? yall trying to be like the yankees or something. im excited to see what wade and riley saw in liggins though. and we BETTER not get rid of haslem. i dont care for r. lewis. james jones needs to be there especially with how streaky ray has been lately.

I don't believe Danny Granger has even been bought out yet, so I'm sure that door is still unlocked to be potentially explored if a buy out does occur

The buyout talks are still ongoing with the 76ers and Granger. And if "be like the yankees" means put the team in the best possible situation to 3-peat then fine with me.

i know im in the minority here, but as a fan of BASKETBALL, and in the name of competition... i just dont see how you guys really are ok with buying your way to a championship. i just cant see it. i wanna fight for the win not steamroll everybody. you guys wanna have 5 championships in a row in a league where we have no competition. i rather 3 hard earned epic wins than 10 blowout victories. to me its like playing in a church basketball league just so you can be the mvp every year. theres no point in the victory if u didnt beat the best, IMO

The heat have not been steamrolling anybody of significance in the playoffs besides okc. Those games were mostly close too.

The heat have not been steamrolling anybody of significance in the playoffs besides okc. Those games were mostly close too.
no no no. reread. i said why do some people in here WANT to be steamrolling everyone? as in, they want all the firepower we can get in the name of getting a ring. nobody respects rings earned when theres no competition. thats like being the #1 draft in a REALLY weak draft class. it just doesnt matter.

i know im in the minority here, but as a fan of BASKETBALL, and in the name of competition... i just dont see how you guys really are ok with buying your way to a championship. i just cant see it. i wanna fight for the win not steamroll everybody. you guys wanna have 5 championships in a row in a league where we have no competition. i rather 3 hard earned epic wins than 10 blowout victories. to me its like playing in a church basketball league just so you can be the mvp every year. theres no point in the victory if u didnt beat the best, IMO

but you just compared a church league to the NBA brah

no no no. reread. i said why do some people in here WANT to be steamrolling everyone? as in, they want all the firepower we can get in the name of getting a ring. nobody respects rings earned when theres no competition. thats like being the #1 draft in a REALLY weak draft class. it just doesnt matter.

I just can't get down with your thinking dude. Maybe you should just stick to church league.

Oh stop crying, get over it.

Game 6 vs Boston in 2012 not epic?  Game 6 vs San Antonio not epic?  Without those 2 wins there would be no 2 championships.

Also, you don't think Pacers and Clippers aren't trying to buy their way to a championship?

but you just compared a church league to the NBA brah
no i didnt. i said its like playing IN a church league just to get the mvp award. as in, you have no competition, which would translate perfectly to us playing against the rest of league with 6 allstars on our team. 
I just can't get down with your thinking dude. Maybe you should just stick to church league.
stick to church league? i never said i was in one of those garbage leagues. dont get crossed up round here n get broke off in front of your girl 
laugh.gif

Oh stop crying, get over it.
exit stage left homie. quit following me in this thread.

Game 6 vs Boston in 2012 not epic?  Game 6 vs San Antonio not epic?  Without those 2 wins there would be no 2 championships.

Also, you don't think Pacers and Clippers aren't trying to buy their way to a championship?
EXACTLY! those games defined the championship. if there were no hard battles or clutch moments because we just kill every team, it wouldnt mean anything. pacers? u used pacers as an example of buying a championship? theyre our fiercest competition and outside of george and hibbert dont have any HUGE names. thats why u gotta respect them. they even got rid of a huge talent in losing granger. cmon..

we would have wade, bosh, lebron, ray, oden, AND granger? cmonnn man. what team is supposed to beat us with that kind of firepower

Last edited:
Not trying to derail this thread or start any arguments or anything, so my bad if it came out that way.

Just saying that Miami can't be the only ones in the "buying your way to a championship" category.

nah definitely not. u see what the nets TRIED to do lol. but honestly the miami heat is the first time i can remember such a blatant pooling of top talent. and stern mutombo blocked the cp3+dwight trade. makes u wonder why he let us go lol.

i dont care how we get our rings... i want my team to be the champs... some players choose to come here and other teams dont want the other players we picked up.. is it our fault we took the chance on them? HELL NO... they had equal opportunity to pick up birdman, oden... boston could have treated ray better, cole was a late 1st round, rashard was bought out, now we are picking up a guy from the d league.... if other teams gms aint gonna pick up those players in the open market its fair game..... we have a chance to see our team be a dynasty...

The Milwaukee Bucks and Caron Butler are in discussions on a buyout.

Butler was acquired by the Bucks via trade in the offseason. Butler has an expiring contract worth $8 million for the current season.

The Bucks have the worst record in the NBA.

View media item 826087

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom