THEE OFFICIAL PLAYOFFS THREAD OF THE B2B NBA CHAMPIONS @MiamiHEAT

Norris Cole Receiving Significant Inquiries As Heat Refuse To Deal Him
Feb 18, 2014 4:21 PM EST

As a rising talent on a rookie-scale contract, Heat point guard Norris Cole is drawing a bevy of interested teams pursuing Miami management about a potential package to acquire him, league sources told RealGM.

For every call, the Heat have offered stiff rejections, sources said, and value Cole as one of their best young assets. Pat Riley traded for Cole in the 2011 NBA Draft and the 6-foot-2 guard swiftly emerged as a contributing reserve, boasting a consistent midrange jumper, defensive ferocity and a keen ability to run a team.

Cole has one season left on his rookie deal, and most personnel around the NBA view him as a starting-caliber point guard.

Within the Heat’s back-to-back NBA championship last postseason, Cole averaged over six points on 48 percent shooting – including consecutive 18-point games in the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Chicago Bulls.

With averages of 7.6 points and 2.3 assists this season, Cole has started six of 51 games and played a career-high 25.7 minutes per game, providing reliability behind Mario Chalmers.

Cole was a 28th overall draft pick out of Cleveland State.

I can look at this article in one of two ways, 1) Absolutely refreshing and encouraging knowing that Riley has his loyalties in line with keeping Norris on this Team .....or...... 2) Another ploy at building the most value out of his roster and personnel to eventually make another "Big" move smh. It's just so difficult sometimes with the Don cause, when he's right...he's HUGELY right but even when he's wrong or speculated against his gambles...he's still HUGELY right. I love Norris don't get me wrong but it's evident that his value along with RIO's for that matter are both incrementally rising.

EDIT:
I WILL BE PISSED IF WE LOSE NORRIS!!!

Last edited:
the don also said we were gonna keep miller... so... sorry jeff i just cant say what will happen to cole.... i want to keep him, i think he pairs well with beasley..
rio is the pg version of PP in the way he moves... not sure how they get to the rim because they look slow as hell out there :lol:.. he fits the role we need him to... plays a little defense, can hit a big 3, and doesnt create too many turnovers...
so whats going on with haslem? dude just to get some decent minutes, is he still injured?

Yes sir I did.
Gave one to my pops and my bro haha

Need the masterpiece 9s to complete the pack!

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Although LeBron James made another round of headlines this week when he told NBA TV he couldn’t currently envision a case in which he would leave Miami, it was basically the same message he’d been sending in smaller settings throughout the season.

James can opt out of his contract after this season to become a free agent. He could also return under the same contract, which has two additional seasons remaining worth about $44 million. James has downplayed his decision and has said he wouldn’t discuss the process during the season.

However, the four-time league MVP has repeatedly addressed his comfort level and happiness in Miami. He did so again Tuesday in Dallas before he scored a season-high 42 points to lead the Heat past the Mavericks and into Thursday’s high-profile showdown in Oklahoma City against the Thunder.

As of now, James insists his experiences in Miami have lived up to his expectations on many levels. The Heat have advanced to the Finals each of the past three seasons and are coming off consecutive championships, looking to become just the fourth franchise in NBA history to win three straight titles.

“The winning is No. 1, of course,” James said of the biggest case the Heat can make for retaining his services. “That’s the No. 1 reason I came down here [from Cleveland], to be able to play with great talent and to win. I’ve been able to accomplish that, and along the way we’ve built a great friendship and brotherhood around here.”

James has maintained that he’ll reserve taking a definitive stance on his potential free agency until the summer, when teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh could also opt out of their current contracts. Both Wade and Bosh have said they hope to stay with the Heat for the long term. But all three players know there will be changes to the roster one way or another, with veterans like Shane Battier and Ray Allen likely to contemplate retirement and several others who could become free agents.

“We’ve always been a team that sort of prides ourselves on staying in the moment and not taking anything for granted,” Bosh said. “I think that’s what has allowed us to stay successful, because we don’t take that success or each other for granted. You never know what can happen, so you make the most of everything you can right now. Then you take care of what’s next when that time comes.”

James said the Heat’s track record of stability and the commitment to winning are the franchise’s biggest assets. Well, those, and the weather.

“I think the organization speaks for itself -- just being around here every day and understanding how great this franchise is from top to bottom,” James said.
:smokin proud to be a heat fan

IBAKA MUST DIE!!!! LOL JK........ARE AM I :nerd:

FINALLY, THE ROAD TRIP IS DONE!!!

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm sounding to much like a fan but.., the refs have no respect for LeBron. Ibaka fouled Bron twice and still no call!!

Good win either way, revenge felt sweet but sucks Bron had to go out like that.

***Side note*** I hope we land Caron if he's bought out or even a Chris Kayman (spelling).

Can't wait to watch "first take" tomorrow morning. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom