THEE OFFICIAL PLAYOFFS THREAD OF THE B2B NBA CHAMPIONS @MiamiHEAT

he can create his own shot.. when he was here it was all iso.. i think he would be a back up to give lebron some rest.. are there other players out there? yeah, but are they gonna come here for cheap? no.. backups? cole, ray, battier, beasley,

he can create his own shot.. when he was here it was all iso.. i think he would be a back up to give lebron some rest.. are there other players out there? yeah, but are they gonna come here for cheap? no.. backups? cole, ray, battier, beasley,
Beasley absolutely kills your offensive flow. Kills it.And his defense is still terrible.

Low IQ player on both ends. I highly highly doubt he goes to any contender.

For the vet min? Hell yeah! He would be low risk/ "high" reward :lol: Too soon?

I believe with the core players we have on the team, they can help mentor him. He needs good mentors in his life.

Edit: He wouldn't be a big part of the offensive plan. I agree his defense is horrible

Last edited:
Beasley absolutely kills your offensive flow. Kills it.And his defense is still terrible.

Low IQ player on both ends. I highly highly doubt he goes to any contender.
we were more of a half court offense when we had beasley last time... im pretty sure he would be pretty quick vs other pf in our uptempo offense

For the vet min? Hell yeah! He would be low risk/ "high" reward :lol: Too soon?

I believe with the core players we have on the team, they can help mentor him. He needs good mentors in his life.

Edit: He wouldn't be a big part of the offensive plan. I agree his defense is horrible

He didn't take advantage of veteran leadership when he was here for 2 years. He's had Haslem, Wade, coach Spolestra, coach Fisdale, and Keith Askins.... What other mentors do you need? Beasley needs more than a mentor, he needs psychiatric help. He had plenty opportunities and he took it for granted.

He's done nothing in the NBA that shows he belongs on a Championship team. He was a bad influence on Chalmers, he lacks the ability to play within an offense, and is a liability on defense.

This Miami Heat team needs players who have high character. They need players who work hard every day. They need guys who can humble themselves and sacrifice. Beasley has not done any of that EVER in his entire professional career.

we were more of a half court offense when we had beasley last time... im pretty sure he would be pretty quick vs other pf in our uptempo offense

Beasley doesn't have the skill set that fits Miami's offense. The Heat run a lot of plays out of the Horns offensive set. It requires a lot of high pick and rolls, post switches, cross court passes, etc. You really have to have good understanding where players will be in order for the offense to flow. The ball has to constantly move to create open opportunities.

Where would Beasley fit in that type of offense? He's not a good passer. He is not good running off screens. He is not a good 3 point shooter. He's not a ball handler. The only thing he has going for him is that he's a good mid range shooter. Something the Miami Heat doesn't need.

He'll have to redevelop his game and become more of a long range threat. To have any impact he'll have to become a catch and shoot player and help to clean up the boards. They already have James Jones who is infinitely a better shooter than Beasley and another project player in Oden to help with rebounding. Beasley just doesn't fit.

Last edited:
jones doesnt provide anything besides 3 point shooting either... at least beasley can create is own shot... it shouldnt always have to be lebron and wade setting up everything... we have seen both sit on the bench at the same time and everything went through bosh. bosh is more then capable to handle is own... to have beasley out there with cole, ray, and battier doesnt seem bad, a little small but its not like we havent done it before...

It's a big risk though. I mean he can certainly be a good help if he plays to his potential. Vs. The Lakers this year he was killing them lol. But idk, he just so inconsistent, sporadic, and really doesn't care haha.

It's a big risk though. I mean he can certainly be a good help if he plays to his potential. Vs. The Lakers this year he was killing them lol. But idk, he just so inconsistent, sporadic, and really doesn't care haha.
inconsistent very so... maybe i just still have high hopes for him.. i really though he was gonna help wade turn around our team..

Beasley would be a good 13/14th man no matter what any NTer says. He can play both the 3 and 4, which Riley and spo both love. No he's not a good 3 point shooter but he can be sold into the heats team defense. Lebron James and D Wade make everyone around them much more complete player and I don't think Beasley is an exception. To think he would play more than minor role in the rotation is just wrong. I can say all of this with such assurance because I know that if Riley got Arisons OK to sign Beasley, it would come with the fine writing that if there was ANY slip up, Beasley would be released no questions asked. Probably come out of Riley, spo, lebron, wades paychecks too

Last edited:
I don't see an issue with Beasley being on the team. We're obviously clear on the notion that there isnt a player with any level of baggage that can obstruct our current chemistry and team leadership. So, if signed, he'll just have to fall in place for the most part. Whatever place that may be.

Look like its official according to the Miami Heat twitter account. Welcome back Mike Beasley.

Back
Top Bottom