THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This self righteous shtick a lot of y’all have in here is corny lol
Yes Kyrie can have good intentions while also taking advantage of the current social climate for his benefit.
Nothing “dense” about that at all. Don’t ever try to call me stupid.
But I guess it’s only okay to call out the personal agendas for the players that want to play and not those that are in favor of sitting out.

Yes Kyrie can have good intentions while also taking advantage of the current social climate for his benefit.
But I guess it’s only okay to call out the personal agendas for the players that want to play and not those that are in favor of sitting out.

So what about Lou, pat and Dwight saying something? Let me guess, they haven’t done enough

So far

for team cancel the season it’s
Dwight , Melo, Lou Will, Kyrie

Team resume the season
Rivers , Dudley

So what about Lou, pat and Dwight saying something? Let me guess, they haven’t done enough
None of those guys have displayed the extreme levels of selfishness and pseudo-intellectualism that Kyrie has in the past. You don’t feel like it’s kind of a slap in the face that he may be using the BLM movement as a cover for the fact that he really just doesn’t wanna go to Orlando?
At the end of the day this argument is moot cause the intention is to bring more awareness to racial injustices, and that would be achieved regardless of Kyrie’s personal agenda.

“Dense” is saying Austin Rivers is painting Kyrie as the villain or calling players that want to resume the season “selfish”, while not acknowledging compromises can be made between both sides.

We've only heard from a handful of players. I'd wait to draw any conclusions
Fair enough. I just want to know where the guys in the fringes of the league stand. The young guys / the two way guys. More respect to them if they want to suspend the league to protest.

This ain’t the time to slander Kyrie, or call his “motives” into question. What he said is very reasonable. Regardless of anything he’s said in the past. I actually think some of the stuff around Kyrie is overblown. He’s moody for sure, and displays some pseudo intellectualism at times. But don’t we all? Dude is generally a good dude in my book, from everything that I see.

His perspective is valid. Has less to do with his “personal stake” and more to do with the bigger picture, in my opinion.

Ain’t mad at hot sauce for his stance.

Let’s also not forget that while fighting social injustice is important and a priority to the players, that was just half of the call. They still have some issues and concerns with other parts of the plan (isolation, when family can arrive, bubble life restrictions, etc.)

So while it’s en vogue to bash Kyrie for his activist comments, the players still have general concerns with foundational aspects of the leagues plan to resume play.

This is a good point. I think if they had an agenda and list of immediate changes they would like to see, I think it would go a long way.
Same thing people say to Black people to try and stifle the movement. Equality ain't simple enough? Ending police brutality? Mass incarceration? It's not like any of the changes to systemic racism are coming overnight if they name a list.
You’re saying his personal agenda is that he doesn’t want to go, when he may not even be able to go as an injured player anyways? :lol:

Let’s also not forget that while fighting social injustice is important and a priority to the players, that was just half of the call. They still have some issues and concerns with other parts of the plan (isolation, when family can arrive, bubble life restrictions, etc.)

So while it’s en vogue to bash Kyrie for his activist comments, the players still have general concerns with foundational aspects of the leagues plan to resume play.
Yep and those other concerns are more than understandable which is why I’m cool with the season being canceled.
And on the Kyrie thing, y’all are right... maybe as much as I try, I can’t put aside my personal disdain for him :lol:

So no sports until 2025?

I feel like they’ll still play but they’ll have a compromise with the league and the league will try to be more adamant about social reform initiatives

I never looked at it as Kyrie trying to sabotage the return of the NBA. Seemed to me he recognizes there is a lot at stake for the players (and beyond) with resuming play and wanted to encourage all of them to really think hard about it as a group.

He’a smart enough to know his just one voice and isn’t going to carry the day.

No, he's not.
Because apparently he is stupid enough to think that he can somehow generate unity behind a cause by diving the league's players into two groups. Even though both groups are actually in favor of that cause to begin with.

“Dense” is saying Austin Rivers is painting Kyrie as the villain or calling players that want to resume the season “selfish”, while not acknowledging compromises can be made between both sides.
1. I’ve only called Bron selfish for resuming and we all know the reason why he wants it to resume
2. I’ve mentioned that it’s gonna be hard for compromises to be made when it’s the 1% who hold more weight than everyone else

I never looked at it as Kyrie trying to sabotage the return of the NBA. Seemed to me he recognizes there is a lot at stake for the players (and beyond) with resuming play and wanted to encourage all of them to really think hard about it as a group.

He’s smart to know that but I can’t understand why fans aren’t smart enough to see that. Kyrie literally cannot stop the league by himself. If the NBA doesn’t return it will be because the majority decided that, not one man. People are acting like Kyrie is the commissioner :lol:

No, he's not.
Because apparently he is stupid enough to think that he can somehow generate unity behind a cause by diving the league's players into two groups. Even though both groups are actually in favor of that cause to begin with.

Again, he’s not “dividing the league’s players into two groups”. All he has done is present an alternative that some players agree with and some don’t but there appears to be no disdain between the sides.

1. I’ve only called Bron selfish for resuming and we all know the reason why he wants it to resume
2. I’ve mentioned that it’s gonna be hard for compromises to be made when it’s the 1% who hold more weight than everyone else
I don’t think that makes him selfish. Just like the guys who may want the season to resume because they need the money aren’t necessarily selfish. Those are valid reasons for wanting to play.
I mean using your logic, wouldn’t it be selfish for Kyrie to expect everyone to make this huge of a sacrifice regardless of their personal situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom