THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the media is giving an unfair advantage to superstars over smaller players when it comes to this, then why haven't they been able to polish the turd that is Michael Jordan's activism and turn him into the next Ali, whereas a role player like Craig Hodges from the same era is remembered for his activism?
Mahmoud Abdul- Rauf took a stance for activism and he was black balled. Chris Hodges criticized MJ and had to sue the NBA for $40M for being blackballed. Same as Kaep and the NFL.

History rewrites itself over time. At the time, those 3 were viewed widely as controversial athletes and “table shakers.” It wasn’t until more people were killed, beaten, or treated unfairly, that they got their roses.

Kyrie said he’s willing to lose everything for this for a reason. If Kyrie gets black balled MORE than he already is for his activism, will you side with him then?

Or do you think this is just “for show” for Kyrie?

Last edited:
The only thing I really agreed with was it’s valid for Bron to say he can fight racial injustice while playing (because he’s been doing it)

While I have questions about Kyrie being the ringleader, if a large enough percentage of the league genuinely feels this way, I'll understand canceling the rest of the season.

Gelo got a No Limit Album Cover tatted on his back
ohhh.png

Solid work doe

He's not even built like a basketball player. He's built like a defensive end. :lol:

"No basketball till we get things resolved."

Really sad to hear Dwight effectively announce his retirement.

I know you're joking but it brings up a good point. These athletes are saying "we're not playing until we fix this" and "basketball is a distraction right now". Will basketball not be a distraction when the 20-21 season starts? Or these guys dedicated to not playing anymore?

I know you're joking but it brings up a good point. These athletes are saying "we're not playing until we fix this" and "basketball is a distraction right now". Will basketball not be a distraction when the 20-21 season starts? Or these guys dedicated to not playing anymore?
This is a good point. I think if they had an agenda and list of immediate changes they would like to see, I think it would go a long way.

That’s the thing people have been saying
There hasn’t be a concrete end goal here

cancel now and then next season starts in December? COVID still be rampant and there’s still gonna be crooked cops

That’s the thing people have been saying
There hasn’t be a concrete end goal here

cancel now and then next season starts in December? COVID still be rampant and there’s still gonna be crooked cops

Sure there’s an end goal - push for as much reform in law enforcement/race relations as possible.

Changes are starting to be made because of the protests; there’s momentum for more. That’s why people like S Jax, Lou Will, etc. are saying let’s keep the focus on that now.
The idea is the more “normal” things get, the less people will continue to focus on socials change. That’s the difference between now and 4 months from now. We know things are happening now; we don’t know what’s going to be happening in 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom