THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did this really happen??? :lol:
3387F759-87DD-4722-8C3B-FE22FD29BBD1.jpeg

Excited for the season, fellas.

Fly Eagles Fly :pimp:
Not a big basketball fan but I’ll be here to cheer on the home team as well.
BCCBD88C-B03F-49F3-A0BA-9C7561EAF39B.jpeg

I know for most of y’all would be happy with another year of Lebron not winning a ring. Look like that’s about to happen.

I wonder if LeBron actually wants to play... he's been very vocal about the protests as well

He does want to play because he sees no contradiction between playing and making awareness of systematic racism. He has a better track record when it comes to speaking out against systematic racism than any active player. Especially if you compare him to Jordan, who was constantly called out for not speaking up by his own teammate Craig Hodges. And LeBron isn't just speaking out, but actually doing something. His recent engagement in combating black voter suppression might be the greatest thing he ever did so far.

Yet you have these dudes who haven't done 1/10th of what LeBron has done in terms of activism suddenly trying to make it look that if you want to play, then you are engaged in "distracting from the issue". Especially dudes like Kyrie, who wouldn't be playing anyway, and who would have 0 chance of winning a chip this season even if he was playing. What is his track record for speaking up against racism? I mean, aside from getting this Friends tattoo:

br-f-ri-e-n-p-s-nba-tv-nba-finals-2176608.png

Okay, I'll give him that. That is on some Malcolm X/Black Panther Party ****.

He does want to play because he sees no contradiction between playing and making awareness of systematic racism. He has a better track record when it comes to speaking out against systematic racism than any active player. Especially if you compare him to Jordan, who was constantly called out for not speaking up by his own teammate Craig Hodges. And LeBron isn't just speaking out, but actually doing something. His recent engagement in combating black voter suppression might be the greatest thing he ever did so far.

Yet you have these dudes who haven't done 1/10th of what LeBron has done in terms of activism suddenly trying to make it look that if you want to play, then you are engaged in "distracting from the issue". Especially dudes like Kyrie, who wouldn't be playing anyway, and who would have 0 chance of winning a chip this season even if he was playing. What is his track record for speaking up against racism? I mean, aside from getting this Friends tattoo:

Sounds personal

man what? what does any of that have to do with the comment? bron stans are weird.

and ftr...bron a part time activist. he picks and chooses when its safe to get involved...and when it'll fk up his paper.

man what? what does any of that have to do with the comment? bron stans are weird.

and ftr...bron a part time activist. he picks and chooses when its safe to get involved...and when it'll fk up his paper.

Just so you know, you're more transparent than a jellyfish. You've been like this at the prospect of the season being cancelled from day 1:

giphy.gif

Before the George Floyd murder. Before we knew how the Covid-19 containment would develop. And you've used both of these things to hype up the season being cancelled when we all know what the real reason behind you wanting the season to end is.

Russell Westbrook, Brad Beal, Dame Lillard, and more DO a lot for their communities and have an ear to the street and are active.

Players like Lou Williams, JJ Redick & Jared Dudley are active in engagements on social media and have platforms like podcasts to speak openly about topics.

LeBron has the biggest name therefore he’ll get the most credit from ESPN and Bleacher Report, and have other high profile conservatives engage with him for attention, but y’all will allow that to discredit other players doing the same daily.

Just so you know, you're more transparent than a jellyfish. You've been like this at the prospect of the season being cancelled from day 1:

giphy.gif

Before the George Floyd murder. Before we knew how the Covid-19 containment would develop. And you've used both of these things to hype up the season being cancelled when we all know what the real reason behind you wanting the season to end is.
show me.

Russell Westbrook, Brad Beal, Dame Lillard, and more DO a lot for their communities and have an ear to the street and are active.

Players like Lou Williams, JJ Redick & Jared Dudley are active in engagements on social media and have platforms like podcasts to speak openly about topics.

LeBron has the biggest name therefore he’ll get the most credit from ESPN and Bleacher Report, and have other high profile conservatives engage with him for attention, but y’all will allow that to discredit other players doing the same daily.

If the media is giving an unfair advantage to superstars over smaller players when it comes to this, then why haven't they been able to polish the turd that is Michael Jordan's activism and turn him into the next Ali, whereas a role player like Craig Hodges from the same era is remembered for his activism?

If the media is giving an unfair advantage to superstars over smaller players when it comes to this, then why haven't they been able to polish the turd that is Michael Jordan's activism and turn him into the next Ali, whereas a role player like Craig Hodges from the same era is remembered for his activism?
Because MJ actively came out and made it known he didn't want to speak on those issues.

Haven't followed thread but these last few posts seem like we're competing on which black nba player should receive more credit for activism. really?

Gelo got a No Limit Album Cover tatted on his back
ohhh.png

Solid work doe

Gelo, just wants some love and attention. Middle child complex

Some may believe Kyrie may have his own motives (over the years he low-key sounds jealous of Bron and some say that he is being weird, but to me has been demonstrating some passive-aggressive ***** behavior), however, it just so happen that his interest at this time resonates with me and much of our kin, so I'm in agreeance. Stick it to the owners. **** your pockets. Go overseas and play if you are hungry for money, but don't allow the American owners to make a dime because we have problems here that they and many other rich affluent "liberal" white people refuse to address until it affects them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom