THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either every title has an asterisk or none of them do.
Right?! Sprained ankles, hurt backs, suspensions, we gonna go back and see which pivotal games had critical players foul out and retroactively asterisk those teams? Like, you roll the ball out there every season and whoever wins that last game, they're the champs.

The NBA playing in a bubble with no fans and restricting player and staff movement is going to look very goofy in September and October when the NFL and college football teams are traveling and playing in half-full stadiums with fans.
What? The NBA is going to be looking goofy because the NCAA doesn't give a **** about players who are playing for free? :lol: :lol: This is an all-time bad take.

Whether the NBA season gets back going or not, I and 1000% not a fan of mostly white media heads and fans telling a league of mostly black players that they need to “stop being selfish” and “just play already”. It reeks of “entertain me ******”

Austin not getting it. He playing that other side.

Rivers’ mom and girlfriend are white as paper, Doc was fighting a losing battle

1592098959483.png

nba players need to be firm and play on their terms

Whether the NBA season gets back going or not, I and 1000% not a fan of mostly white media heads and fans telling a league of mostly black players that they need to “stop being selfish” and “just play already”. It reeks of “entertain me ******”

Yes, how dare these guys have reservations about living in isolation for 3 months in a mostly racist state that also currently is a COVID hot spot?

My thing is.... These athletes can use the NBA as a platform to protest and spread their message. I don't think boycotting or not deciding to play in Orlando is a way to fight equality.

My thing is.... These athletes can use the NBA as a platform to protest and spread their message. I don't think boycotting or not deciding to play in Orlando is a way to fight equality.

I really think it’s the opposite. Remember the last stance the players took while playing? It was simply wearing I Can’t Breathe shirts, then interlocking arms...then going to play basketball like normal. Not playing is a much bigger stance. I understand a portion of guys like Rivers stance, cause Rivers is on a 2 million dollar deal, while Kyrie, Westbrook, Dame, etc are like north of 30. Those dudes are playing for their next big deal, and some are even playing to just make the team. But I can’t be mad at Kyrie’s stance either. Flat earth and boats with white women aside, Kyrie truly made a statement, and I’d fully understand other dudes feeling the same way. Getting back to basketball would most def be a distraction, and would provide a lot or “normalcy” for a time that’s not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom