THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone guess what this list is?

JJ Redick
Greg Anthony
Clyde Drexler
Karl Malone
Wilt Chamberlain

Longest playoff streaks?

I try not to play market bias, buuuuut I feel like Duncan would be higher if he landed in a larger market. The stats, rings, context, longevity, etc just screams top 5-6 of all time.

With those accomplishments, I could see that but if he was in a bigger market, that means no Pop/Spurs organization so he'd likely be less decorated. It's just one of those things where we have to settle on the fact his resume will be forever underappreciated but if you know...you know.

This is the queue for a classic Wavy post :lol:

With those accomplishments, I could see that but if he was in a bigger market, that means no Pop/Spurs organization so he'd likely be less decorated. It's just one of those things where we have to settle on the fact his resume will be forever underappreciated but if you know...you know.

This is the queue for a classic Wavy post :lol:

I'm waiting for a "He NeVeR wOn BaCk To BaCk"

I’m a Harden Guy but strictly on KD’s talent he’s right up there with the GOAT’s.

Nash the real life Like Mike
8ef3f73d309a21012412f41b746b108c34bd8ec7_hq.jpg

Kobe getting the posthumous bump.

It is what it is.

I can't remember of which deceased star their manager said: "The best career move they ever made was dying".

Not only is thinking higher of someone because they died morally despicable and ultimately disrespectful rather than respectful to the deceased individual in question, it is flat out dangerous. In worst cases, it can encourage suicide.

I do think that a player all time ranking could naturally increase over time. In retrospect, their accomplishments might seem greater than they did during their career. But there is no way that Kobe's accomplishments seem greater since his retirement. If anything, it's quite the opposite. You had James Harden average 36.1 points last season, which is higher than Kobe's career high 35.4 ppg season, which everyone always brings up as his best season. You had LeBron just pass him for all-time points scored. And although nobody scored 81 points since, you had a non-elite player like Devin Booker have a 70-point game. You even had a SG in Bradley Beal average 30.5 points this season and it wasn't even good enough for an all-star selection.

Even if you go by the top two players ever based on positions Kobe is in the top 10:

PG: Magic, Curry
SG: Jordan, Kobe
SF: Bird, Lebron
PF: Duncan, Bill?
C: Kareem, Shaq

Even if you go by the top two players ever based on positions Kobe is in the top 10:

PG: Magic, Curry
SG: Jordan, Kobe
SF: Bird, Lebron
PF: Duncan, Bill?
C: Kareem, Shaq

Considering the Top 10 is a lot of Big Men listing them by position gives Kobe an advantage not a disadvantage

According to ESPN

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Lebron
4. Magic
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. Russell
8. Duncan
9. Shaq
10. Hakeem

According to Sports Illustrated