THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boardroom = The Shop
Miami = Golden State
Bron goes to 6 in Miami = KD goes to 7 in BKN

I'll lose it if KD goes back to OKC at some point :lol:
Well KD did join a team to play with kyrie like the 2014 offseason
And the coach was fired just like blatt

I respect bill Russell and the OGs but basketball in the 60s was awful.
JMCUSY1.gif

Athletic bigs back then were actual cheatcodes/gamebreakers :lol:

Imagine a Dream or young Shaq playing back then :sick:

It just can't count to me.

It's not even the same sport if we're keeping it a buck.

Russell can be marveled and appreciated for what he did, but comparing him to anyone just literally doesn't make sense.
I've said before in here that I have no problem if folks want to completely leave him, Wilt, Oscar, Jerry out of these convos and throw an asterisk in there. Those 5 were clearly at an entirely other level than the rest of the league they played in, so they deserve to be recognized for that, but the league also wasn't remotely comparable to what it was a couple decades later.

If Shaq re-signs with Orlando in 1996 and Penny is healthy, where do the Magic rank in 1997-1998 with the Bulls, Knicks, Heat and Pacers?
They needed a few upgrades in role/bench players but woulda been 2nd to the Bulls with Prime Shaq and a healthy Penny

Anybody else find it interesting that there's basically nothing in the doc about Jordan's nuclear family?
His kids recently just said that their Moms is a super private person so she def ain’t gon be involved...And he has a new fam as well, probly wanted to leave alotta of that in the past outta respect to his new joint

I've said before in here that I have no problem if folks want to completely leave him, Wilt, Oscar, Jerry out of these convos and throw an asterisk in there. Those 5 were clearly at an entirely other level than the rest of the league they played in, so they deserve to be recognized for that, but the league also wasn't remotely comparable to what it was a couple decades later.

Throw Elgin in there too from the little bits and pieces that I've seen. But yeah I mean these guys had part time jobs as well as being pro basketball players. Insane. I don't think anyone can claim someone from back then as the goat given how we today perceive basketball to be. From the way "basketball" was played back then, to the lifestyle of the players, to the amount of teams in the league, just toooo different for me

he played against milkmen an shoe shine men
belive that if you wan't to.

the elite players would play in any era.

Bill Russel was like Dennis roman, stretched out to 6'10 with a 40 plus inch vertical.
Due was the an elite high jumper, Olympic level at the time, and a high enough basketball IQ to win two championships as a coach.

Bill Russell would be the best defensive player in any era.

If Shaq re-signs with Orlando in 1996 and Penny is healthy, where do the Magic rank in 1997-1998 with the Bulls, Knicks, Heat and Pacers?
At the very least they would’ve pushed Chicago to the brink in ‘98. Jordan was taking more jumpers than ever & that was his least efficient year by far, and Scottie’s scoring was mediocre to put it lightly in in the conference finals and the finals. He looked old.

Shaq only had two years with “prime” Penny. Their two Ls were Hakeem & the ‘96 Bulls. Everything ended up working out for Shaq in LA obviously, but he & Penny were GREAT together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom