THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else find it interesting that there's basically nothing in the doc about Jordan's nuclear family?

What’s the backstory?

126cc48390fe0612eff619071252ada7.jpg

I'm not defending him. I'm just going by the fact that everyone accepted it at the time and still performed at a high level. Perspectives, narratives and feelings change 20-30 decades later so I get it.

I get it. But regardless of the times, some of the stuff he did was funny style then & now.
Somebody should have been put hands on Mike if we're being real.
Great basketball player, but he has flaws like the rest us.

Hakeem all time leader in blocks. An leads pf n centers in steals all-time.

Well they didn't track blocks and steals during Bill Russell career.

It's Bill Russell man,

it's not really close. His teams had the best defense in the league every year except for one and by comically large margins.

Well they didn't track blocks and steals during Bill Russell career.

It's Bill Russell man,

it's not really close. His teams had the best defense in the league every year except for one and by comically large margins.
Bill consistently whopped Wilt's ***. Gotta be the GOAT off sonning someone who was dropping 50ppg on everyone else's head.

Love would have been moved somewhere else in order to clear room for KD in the summer.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 11.24.23 PM.png

I thought so. It’s just so interesting because it says “Slay GSW once and for all” when they only lost to them once at that time and then ended up beating them In 2016 :lol: Obviously they got washed in 17 and 18 but they likely don’t win in 2016 if they rock the boat.

The butterfly effect on the next three to four seasons and trades/FA moves is too much to think about :lol:

With all the cap space opened up in 2016, the Cavs could've peddled Love in July instead of rushing it in February. Not that it was ever going to happen.

I don't know how much defensive advanced stats actually mean, but Bill Russell was #1 in the league in Defensive Win Shares in 11 of his 13 seasons. In the other 2 seasons of his career he was #3 in his rookie year and #2 in his second to last season.

That seems special/important.

Bill Russell has actually become one of the more underrated players in NBA history. Most people just know 11 rings, and then right it off because of the era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom