THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at his ATHLETIC prime, it WASN'T a wrap (shooting wise) because he hadn't developed into the shooter he was during his final 2 years with CHI.

He was at 51% from the field in 87 & 88 on 26 shots a game and averaging less than a 3 a game. Where would you say would be a fair distribution of his shot chart 50/50 on drives and mid range? 60/40?

Even if you lean more to the drives that's still 12-13 shots a game from midrange which is twice as many than almost all those guys from today take.

I'm dying at the thought of Jordan Getting to play 1 on 1 and instead of & 7ft'ers meeting him at the rim he has Bojan Bogdonavic there :lol:

He was at 51% from the field in 87 & 88 on 26 shots a game and averaging less than a 3 a game. Where would you say would be a fair distribution of his shot chart 50/50 on drives and mid range? 60/40?

Even if you lean more to the drives that's still 12-13 shots a game from midrange which is twice as many than almost all those guys from today take.
Shot Tracking doesn't date back that far, so I would be guessing off the top of my head not having done the proper research.

But his play style was definitely centered around the drive to a considerable degree.

So if you want to mix the two different Jordans for the sake of your argument, I don't think that is fair at all.

Athletic Prime and his Prime as a shooter didn't coincide at all

Mike putting up about 38-39 ppg today...Only if he had the usage of his ‘87 season, and no discretion.

Cause his minutes would be down to 36...and the pace would be a lil slower.

Realistically, I could see him averaging 35ppg on 50% FG 35% 3FG (8 attempts) and getting to the line about 9 times per game in about 36 mpg on a modern offense with lead guard usage.

That’s still only a 1 of 1 type of performance. And it would lead to wins. The raw numbers would look like 06 Kobe....but the efficiency would be better and the mpg would be less.

Shot Tracking doesn't date back that far, so I would be guessing off the top of my head not having done the proper research.

But his play style was definitely centered around the drive to a considerable degree.

So if you want to mix the two different Jordans for the sake of your argument, I don't think that is fair at all.

Athletic Prime and his Prime as a shooter didn't coincide at all

They're are plenty of games you can watch highlights from to see what his offensive game looked like during those times.

I don't even know what the argument has evolved into at this point :lol:

That Jordan would be bizzaro world James Harden in this era, where he doesn't shoot any 3s at all and only shoots mid range and in? Souped up Demar DeRozan with 10+ mid range attempts per game?

They're are plenty of games you can watch highlights from to see what his offensive game looked like during those times.
There are plenty of games I can watch, correct But that isn't an entire season's worth of games I can watch. Which would be the only true way to conduct accurate calculations.

But again, you are attempting to create a version of Jordan that didn't exist.

Just know that.

Wilt Chamberlain is the only person to ever average over 40 ppg. He played 15 seasons and did it twice.
Mike aint averaging a casual 45 in any era. Definitely not off mid range shots.

I don't even like doing the crazy hypotheticals but a 25-28 year old Mike in today's game would be shooting more than mid range shots. We've seen LeBron develop his 3 and Mike was a better overall shooter than him. As athletic and skilled and how hard he grinded in the off-season I can see him avg 40-42 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom