THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron took 33 shots per game in the 2015 finals and didn’t come close to breaking any scoring record. That could have very well turned into that ‘07 Pistons series but Iggy & co made him earn everything. Every bit as important as any 3 that Steph made.

The Rockets nearly knocking off arguably the best team we’ve seen since the Bulls/Lakers, repeatedly holding them below 100 because they surrounded Harden with a bunch of dogs.
Yeah but I’m talking in the sense of ONE player. Kawhi himself isn’t making a defense elite if he’s surrounded by trash-average defenders. On the flip side he can carry an offense by himself.

Seeing as how Kyrie's mom died and he was raised by his dad, that was a SLAP IN THE FACE to ask Kyrie that.

And you see the way they react to it :lol:.

5:18 of this video....to the end.....shows how bothered KD was by this thought. Max kept pressing that bs, and he curving Max. I called it out in real time :lol:

This KD interview is great :rofl:

Max keep trying to bait him into “narrative” questions, and he keeps ho’ing Max :lol:. The look of disappointment on Max’s face when he tried to ask KD the....”did you go to BK to prove you can carry a team like LeBron” question....and KD responding by brushing him off ever time was funny.

Got tricked out his spot. Saw there was more personal value and validation from the people who hated his move to GSW in playing hero ball, putting up big stats and ultimately losing....

Than buying in, playing team ball and winning. I always said....KD is a pure barbershop boy mentally, with a blog boy dream skill set in reality.

16-17 KD that bought in was the perfect blend of this.

They in an echo system of a larger shadow....and that **** legit gets to them dudes. All of this combined created an atmosphere where KD & Kyrie started saying **** it :lol:

Kyrie 2018 season in Boston too....has been forgotten. Bruh was shooting damn near 50-40-90 and being a great teammate to a winning, young Boston team....and an MVP candidate before being injured.

Him being moody and HIM....F’d that up. But people really act like bruh some kind of failure...and ain’t like that.

KD, Steph and them said it themselves :lol:

They not some ego -less team. Nobody swore that. *****s was saying in real time, how they was trying to trick KD out his spot.

It worked too.

Y'all wasn't saying this at the time. Most of y'all was like "Oh man they don't care who's team it is" "My Warriors are different" whatever whatever.

And who was tricking KD out his spot? Because they never accepted KD as one of them. The front was joking about KD to his face not being one of them, Dray calling him a whole B****. That wasn't media created. They ain't even address the situation for real, just tried to sweep it under the rug. :lol:

Y'all wasn't saying this at the time. Most of y'all was like "Oh man they don't care who's team it is" "My Warriors are different" whatever whatever.

And who was tricking KD out his spot? Because they never accepted KD as one of them. The front was joking about KD to his face not being one of them, Dray calling him a whole B****. That wasn't media created. They ain't even address the situation for real, just tried to sweep it under the rug. :lol:

Ain’t nobody tried to sweep it under a rug man :lol:. Kerr and Draymond don’t even get along. That **** they had was real...and what happened during that 2018 road trip....where the media was talking about KD to nyc rumors right before that clippers game...and the height of it....and contributed to it. Tension going to exist man.

It’s a number of different factors dawg. EYE believed KD might see through the ****, and they’d patch it up...because WINNING...and making the league continue to be mad...and want to see THAT split up...might’ve been more enticing.

It’s clear KD, Steph, Klay, Dray, Kerr etc had chemistry....but there was also some bumps in the road. Even they said it. We said it. We called it out in the 2018 WCF. #YALL ignored it. They ended up buying in, changing the scheme and winning.

Not a perfect group. I think KD felt he really accomplished all he could with GSW...and saw the tide didn’t change one bit in perception....and seeked fulfillment elsewhere. He literally said out his own mouth that he was unfulfilled. Kerr said he could sense it too. They point to the 16-17 Warriors as the standard because of the buy in factor. That’s a reasonable take. And what I think would be a pretty good discussion.

Not to mention...all the parties involved have covered it before, and y’all ignored it. *****s most definitely did not think the warriors were perfect. Naturally, there’s going to be some....we won already factor and egos etc. but the did win. And not for injuries....would’ve been 3/3.

All we said was the media was desperately trying to split them up. That’s not a hot take man. They really were trying to do that. And KD was the right one lol.

Ain’t nobody tried to sweep it under a rug man :lol:. Kerr and Draymond don’t even get along. That **** they had was real...and what happened during that 2018 road trip....where the media was talking about KD to nyc rumors right before that clippers game...and the height of it....and contributed to it. Tension going to exist man.

It’s a number of different factors dawg. EYE believed KD might see through the ****, and they’d patch it up...because WINNING...and making the league continue to be mad...and want to see THAT split up...might’ve been more enticing.

It’s clear KD, Steph, Klay, Dray, Kerr etc had chemistry....but there was also some bumps in the road. Even they said it. We said it. We called it out in the 2018 WCF. #YALL ignored it. They ended up buying in, changing the scheme and winning.

Not a perfect group. I think KD felt he really accomplished all he could with GSW...and saw the tide didn’t change one bit in perception....and seeked fulfillment elsewhere. He literally said out his own mouth that he was unfulfilled. Kerr said he could sense it too. They point to the 16-17 Warriors as the standard because of the buy in factor. That’s a reasonable take. And what I think would be a pretty good discussion.

Not to mention...all the parties involved have covered it before, and y’all ignored it. *****s most definitely did not think the warriors were perfect. Naturally, there’s going to be some....we won already factor and egos etc. but the did win. And not for injuries....would’ve been 3/3.

All we said was the media was desperately trying to split them up. That’s not a hot take man. They really were trying to do that. And KD was the right one lol.

Go back and listen to that interview he did with Stack and Matt Barnes. The _ said it himself they never fully addressed it. :lol:

It don't matter if Dray and Steve Kerr got along. This ain't college. Those players are grown men. They coulda chopped it up as players and got whatever it was off their chest but it's obvious they wasn't rocking with KD like that.

Being media savvy is part of the game. It's a big reason why mj is so loved and protected now. If you **** on the media, they'll turn on you.

Kyrie and kd choose not to participate in the media game, and that's ok. But, their legacy will take a hit because of it. The media will make sure of it.

If/when it goes south in Brooklyn, look out...

Both players have "2 strikes" and no excuses left.

Imo

Kerr and David West were alluding to the “disease of more”....and the 2018 season. Kerr’s been pretty candid about his relationship and time with KD in the bay.

It makes for a great convo....that we almost saw with the 90s bulls and we saw with the 00s Lakers. Y’all rather get takes off and other **** tho :lol:.

Go back and listen to that interview he did with Stack and Matt Barnes. The _ said it himself they never fully addressed it. :lol:

It don't matter if Dray and Steve Kerr got along. This ain't college. Those players are grown men. They coulda chopped it up as players and got whatever it was off their chest but it's obvious they wasn't rocking with KD like that.

In that very interview....KD, Stack and Matt Barnes said they felt like the media was trying to break it up :lol:.

You go back and listen to it. All of it was a thing. And it’s a good listen. I doesn’t have to be one or the other. Nuance dawg....

The context of that...was me speaking in pre-season and before that...about the media wanting to split GS up. They got back to the chip. Almost won. KD bounced. Ain’t really a “receipt” in this concept. I’d been saying y’all will be hurt come June since the Christmas game, in 2016...when the thread was saying the Cavs had the dubs number.

I can be wrong dawg. I’m cool with that. Stay consistent tho :pimp:

The German Bundesliga, so soccer league wants to restart on May 9th with no crowds in attendance. They will also play in their respective cities.

Practices are already taking place, but in small groups only.

I think the NBA should do the same as well.

Since Germany is ahead of the Corona development in comparison to the US, I think it is realistic that sometime in June the league could restart.

The Max Kellermans of the world...who said KD needed to prove he can lead a team deep in the playoffs (not win mind you) on his “own team” before he got the title as “best player in the world” ....is the conversation that was really going on in 18-19. And KD was pissed about it.

KD said it. Kerr said it. Bruh was unfulfilled after winning 2 finals MVPs...and people were talking about LeBron, Giannis, & Kawhi...and even Steph :lol:.

KdNeedSHisOwNTeam.

Y’all forget how much that mattered to KD. Constant effort at that. Disease of me.

Some in this thread won’t be honest with themselves because of where there fandom lies. I’m looking at you, pmatic pmatic :lol:

Y’all know what was going on, man.....the way he ignored max...when he kept trying to suggest KD needs to prove he can “win on his own” was hilarious :lol:. 4:45 mark

Somewhere along the way....KD (and Kyrie even) figured out the media machine was bigger than just basketball. So that’s why they withdraw now...and talk about “perfecting their craft, and hooping”. They won’t get the credit they deserve. KD in OKC/GSW etc....Kyrie on Clev/Boston. And those two remain largely in the shadow of Bron. That’s why they be scoffing....like Kyrie being asked if LeBron is his father figure....or KD literally saying LeBron has to many fan boys in the media..and it’s not even about basketball anymore :lol:.

Huh

93788377_3556580767703755_7760689665429995520_n.jpg

Last edited:
KD and Kyrie went to Brooklyn because they knew they are bigger than the Nets and could hold the franchise hostage. That's it.
Yea they would've caught so much more heat and scrutiny with every move on the Knicks which is why it never felt realistic.

No one really cares for the Nets like that so they can pretty much have as much free reign as they want without much pushback :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom