THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article is actually a good read too. She shouldn't of done that for this piece.
giphy.gif

(I keed, I keeeed.)

Its a really sad and nasty trend happening across all of journalism now. Headlines of articles used to actually mean something or speak to heart of the piece. Now it’s just all about catching your eye yet people don’t even spare the time to read the content and gain something from it. It’s leading to the spread of misinformation and dismissal of valuable truth and knowledge.
Shirley, you don't honestly and truly think this is something new. 'Dewey defeats Truman' would like a word...

@VARNELL HILL wavycrocket wavycrocket @pmainey pmatic pmatic

Now Justin Anderson and Josh Hart saying they would have averaged 40 in public school. :lol:

In other news

It’s funny to see some of thes cats talking crazy now based off the success they had in college and making it to the pros...Some of these dudes wasn’t even like that in high school, nobody in MD was really worried bout Josh Hart back then :lol:

You could talk me into the 2001 Lakers beating the 1998 Bulls, who were on their last legs. Not the previous versions though.

exactly, Rodman was washed and Pippen had a serious back problem

Jordan did a lot of carrying and kukoc should be on those “last dance” pictures way before Kerr

It’s funny to see some of thes cats talking crazy now based off the success they had in college and making it to the pros...Some of these dudes wasn’t even like that in high school, nobody in MD was really worried bout Josh Hart back then :lol:

*****s that lost 60 lbs and grew 5 inches from senior year of Hs...to senior year of college talking about Averaging 40ppg in HS :lol:

They not being real.

The 01 Laker team was def peak form. It was before Shaq got too lazy by the third run and before too much of the mileage/toxicity mounted up. They were still hungry but also over their first year jitters. Kobe not only knew exactly what he was but his game matched

Fisher was entering his prime, Fox had a bounce back year, Shaw, Harp and Horry had some left

Horace Grant>Samaki and AC Green

The two other Laker squads idk, without remembering the Bulls teams that clearly I can't really have a conclusive take but even in that first title run, the Pacers gave them everything they could handle. That Indy home court was no joke. Then we all know about that Kings/Lakers series in their third title run (and yes SAC was good but so were those CHI teams lol)

The 01 Laker team was def peak form. It was before Shaq got too lazy by the third run and before too much of the mileage/toxicity mounted up. They were still hungry but also over their first year jitters. Kobe not only knew exactly what he was but his game matched

Fisher was entering his prime, Fox had a bounce back year, Shaw, Harp and Horry had some left

Horace Grant>Samaki and AC Green

The two other Laker squads idk, without remembering the Bulls teams that clearly I can't really have a conclusive take but even in that first title run, the Pacers gave them everything they could handle. That Indy home court was no joke. Then we all know about that Kings/Lakers series in their third title run (and yes SAC was good but so were those CHI teams lol)

00 Lakers > 01 Lakers

IMO

I know the 01 lakers got hot towards the end of the year and then ran through the offs, but that 67 win laker squad was a juggernaut. Glen Rice, Kobe was all NBA on both sides, MVP shaq, Harper still had some left, Fox Horry were still hella viable, idk. 67 wins. I don't think that pacers series goes 6 if Kobe is healthy, and granted the Kings pushed them to 5 but that was more so IMO due to the volatility that came with a 5 game first rd.

It was also the first basketball season that I actually tangibly remember growing up with

00 Lakers > 01 Lakers

IMO

I know the 01 lakers got hot towards the end of the year and then ran through the offs, but that 67 win laker squad was a juggernaut. Glen Rice, Kobe was all NBA on both sides, MVP shaq, Harper still had some left, Fox Horry were still hella viable, idk. 67 wins.

It was also the first basketball season that I actually tangibly remember growing up with
Respectfully disagree but I see your argument clearly. They were hit square in the mouth in round 1, 3 and Finals and pulled through. All credit to them, it lends to my argument that the 01 team took all of that experience on top of Kobe's growing individual skill, on top of pre-lazy Shaq and propelled them to new heights. They almost didn't lose a single game the whole playoff run

My point is if Chicago hit them square in the mouth like that in 00 idk if LAL is recovering

Regular season wins<only losing 1 game in a playoff run

Respectfully disagree but I see your argument clearly. They were hit square in the mouth in round 1, 3 and Finals and pulled through. All credit to them, it lends to my argument that the 01 team took all of that experience on top of Kobe's growing individual skill, on top of pre-lazy Shaq and propelled them to new heights. They almost didn't lost a single game the whole playoff run

My point is if Chicago hit them square in the mouth like that in 00 idk if LAL is recovering

Regular season wins<only losing 1 game in a playoff run

That's fair. And they ran through a Kings and Spurs team that were reallyyyy good. I remember a lot of people saying LAL got lucky in 00 w/no Duncan and SAS in the picture, so them sweeping the spurs w/o homecourt, I mean

Yeah I definitely could see it.

I just think in 00 you got a better shaq, a really good Kobe and Rice, and they were so much better than the field that year. The Kings and Blazers pushing them to distance hits the argument though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom