THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those up in arms about the idea of Steph not being considered a 1 but scoffing at the idea of Lebby being considered a 1: How? What the problem is? Steph is a phenomenal shooter who does NOT shoulder the responsibility of setting up the offense. Lebby does. I mean...
Why wouldn’t you consider Steph Curry a PG?
I do.

I'm curious why you would quote that whole thing I said and then ask a question based on something I didn't say. 👀

Are you one of those people who considers Steph at PG but scoffs at the idea of Lebby being a PG? Because if not, then I'm even more curious why you would quote me and respond. But if you do, then do you want to answer the question I originally asked? Especially since I've answered yours.

If not, no worries. Just curious.

Today, April 17, Governor Abbott announced the issuance of 3 new executive orders related to COVID-19, including the creation of a Strike Force to Open Texas – a team of nationally recognized medical experts and private and public leaders who will advise the Governor on safely and strategically reopening the state of Texas.

Below is a summary of some key dates mentioned:
  • April 20th – State parks will open back up. Face coverings will be mandated, and no gatherings larger than 5.
  • April 22nd – Restrictions on some surgeries in some facilities will be lifted.
  • April 24th – Retail-to-go will be more readily available.
  • April 27th – Possibility of opening up restaurants, movie theaters, expanding elective surgeries.
    • The Strike Force will discuss all possibilities for opening Texas economy back up even more while protecting the most vulnerable.
  • Schools will remain closed for 2019/2020 school year.

D StaXX D StaXX g-time g-time

Today, April 17, Governor Abbott announced the issuance of 3 new executive orders related to COVID-19, including the creation of a Strike Force to Open Texas – a team of nationally recognized medical experts and private and public leaders who will advise the Governor on safely and strategically reopening the state of Texas.

• April 20th – State parks will open back up. Face coverings will be mandated, and no gatherings larger than 5.
  • April 22nd – Restrictions on some surgeries in some facilities will be lifted.
  • April 27th – Possibility of opening up restaurants, movie theaters, expanding elective surgeries.
    • The Strike Force will discuss all possibilities for opening Texas economy back up even more while protecting the most vulnerable.

Man I don’t know how we are going to be able to hoop or when

Movie theaters? Yikes.

Just because they reopen doesn’t mean people will go.

And the movie theaters could also limit the number of people permitted in a screening so there’s space between everyone.

All that said, I wouldn’t be rushing out to the movies if I was a Texan.

And the movie theaters could also limit the number of people permitted in a screening so there’s space between everyone.

No movie theaters for me for the foreseeable future

All I can picture is that scene in Outbreak :lol:

377FF67C-FFD6-4A95-BA18-682F4CE55144.jpeg

I do.

I'm curious why you would quote that whole thing I said and then ask a question based on something I didn't say. 👀

Are you one of those people who considers Steph at PG but scoffs at the idea of Lebby being a PG? Because if not, then I'm even more curious why you would quote me and respond. But if you do, then do you want to answer the question I originally asked? Especially since I've answered yours.

If not, no worries. Just curious.

I scoff at the idea that LeBron would have AT least 2 more championships to his already 3... if he played PG :lol:. And that was the discussion the other day in here. But He’s essentially functioned as a de facto PG at various stages in his career in the traditional sense. I don’t scoff at that. Being a PG is a lot more than getting assist or being a point forward tho. There’s some subtleties within in it. He’s a lead ball handler, that can do a bit of everything due to his versatility. Semantics at this point. But I’m not trying to keep this convo and have some of our resident simple jacks, like QU!K QU!K carry on with nonsense. I mean...the
Guy leading this tirade, is the guy who said this:

Even Westbrook is a better point guard than Steph.

You can call him the greatest shooter all you want

Just don’t call him an elite point guard

But I was responding to the comment you made that said Steph is a phenomenal shooter who does NOT shoulder the load of setting up an offense. That’s not true. I simply wanted to point out the other ways in which he actually does. That’s all.

I’m tide of this. Y’all can’t keep pulling me back into these convos :lol:.

Have any of y’all been to a park recently? Thinking about going to the park to run. Good or bad idea?

Go.

Unless you have the worst luck on planet earth nobody is going to be sneezing out Covid particles for you to run into right before you run past them.

So you basically confirmed my point that

PG Lebron > PG steph

thanks mo

do rey mi fa so la sit your *** down stupid dummy (balitimore slang not a personal insult)

FYI Westbrook is going to finish above Steph in all-time assists

:lol:

#YallMans

I scoff at the idea that LeBron would have AT least 2 more championships to his already 3... if he played PG :lol:.
I'm with you.
And that was the discussion the other day in here.
I get that, but I wasn't part of that discussion. If I were, I could totally see how you would think my question earlier was doubling down on that.

I know it's tough remembering specifically who said what in a public forum, though. No worries.
He’s essentially functioned as a de facto PG at various stages in his career in the traditional sense. I don’t scoff at that. Being a PG is a lot more than getting assist or being a point forward tho. There’s some subtleties within in it. He’s a lead ball handler, that can do a bit of everything due to his versatility.
Agreed.

30% of all coronavirus cases worldwide are in America. 25% of all the deaths worldwide have occurred in America due to the 5% mortality rate here, higher than the 2-3% rate Republicans keep touting and telling us isn't that bad. 22 million people filed for unemployment in the last month which will send the unemployment rate from ~4% up to a whopping ~15%. There's still a shortage of tests and medical supplies and a vaccine is estimated to be a year away.

But hey, the reddest state in the country, headed by a Trump sycophant who thinks sex toys should be banned but everyone should have a gun, is going to let groups of no more than 5 people start meeting to hike, get plastic surgery, go shopping and MAYBE go get a bite to eat after the movies. So congratulations man, this is a big win for you, I hope you're happy.

The fetishizing of the physical play in the 90's is insane :lol: I seriously think people didn't watch hoop back then (I didn't either, young pup) but I've watched PLENTY of games from those eras and those fights much like today were rare, and a lot of pushing and shoving.

Can you imagine steph with a shorter 3pt line like they had a few of those years in the 90's? With those handles and shooting off the bounce? Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom