THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody deserves the injury bug and all...

But am I the only one that remembers boogie as a moody, selfish, money hungry jackass that was a bad teammate in sac?

So now the injuries have plagued him and he's this "good dude"?

I haven't even heard the "good dude" narrative. I think folks just feel bad for him cause no one deserves that string of bad luck. He ain't a child rapist fam. :lol:

I like cousins game. I hope he comes back and has a great career. But, he did have issues in Sacramento other than on court arguing of calls etc.

This is from a bleached report article. There are others out there as well.

The Sacramento Kings have had to deal with outbursts by center DeMarcus Cousins since drafting him fifth overall two years ago. Not only has this been an issue, it continues to show that Cousins' maturity level is not what it should be, and it remains unknown if it will ever change for the better.

Unfortunately, Cousins may have taken things to an entirely new level in Sacramento by supposedly demanding a trade out of Sacramento after an argumentwith head coach Paul Westphal.

Cousins went to talk with Westphal about his role in the offense run by the Kings and that he was not happy about it. As a result, the Kings (Westphal) told Cousins to stay away from the team as he could have been a distraction. The interesting thing about this is that Kings General Manager Geoff Petrie and co-owner Joe Maloof said that Cousins will not be traded.

Last edited:
I haven't even heard the "good dude" narrative. I think folks just feel bad for him cause no one deserves that string of bad luck. He ain't a child rapist fam. :lol:
Never said he was.

Just heard folks say much of a good dude he is...facts are, in the locker room, that wanwasn't the case in Sacramento.

If you read what I wrote, I made I sure to exclude it in my first statement.

My statement is about him not being this "good dude" in Sacramento. Period
I don’t disagree with you about Cousins being an ******* I just don’t think it’s worth discussing in context of his injury

I don’t disagree with you about Cousins being an ******* I just don’t think it’s worth discussing in context of his injury
You're right. My bad

Definitely not cheering for anyone to be injured.
Just thought it was revisionist history to characterize him as a "good dude"

You're right. My bad

Definitely not cheering for anyone to be injured.
Just thought it was revisionist history to characterize him as a "good dude"

Good dude in my book

https://pelicandebrief.com/2017/12/16/demarcus-cousins-hold-boogies-comedy-slam-january-27th/

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba...el-discussion-kings/rlu1d0gycdom1y2fp5doa9n9b

After signing a huge extension with the Kings in 2013, Cousins quietly gave $1 million to local charities. Just last November, Cousins covered the funeral costs for a Sacramento high school football player who was killed shortly before a playoff game. The donation would have remained anonymous, but Sacramento City Council member Rick Jennings revealed Cousins was behind the act of kindness at a candelight vigil.
Even if you don't always agree with how Cousins handles himself between the lines, you should admire the person he has become. The 26-year-old All-Star center will sponsor a panel discussion Saturday in his hometown of Mobile, Ala., aimed at "strengthening relations among the police and the community." This is hardly Cousins' first act to better the lives of those around him, and it's unlikely to be his last.

According to NOLA.com’s William Guillory, on January 27th DeMarcus Cousins will be holding his second annual “Boogie’s Comedy Slam.” Cousins, along with acclaimed comedians such as Tony Roberts, DC Young and Robert Powell will be at the Saenger Theater performing to the public for a night of laughs. All proceeds will be given to local charities and non-profit organizations.

Last year, Cousins held the event in Sacramento. It garnered a great turnout, with approximately 4,000 people in attendance. However, this is not the only way Cousins gives back to the local communities.

Throughout his career Cousins has been remarkably generous in regards to his charity work. For the past seven holiday seasons Boogie has brought a group 100-children from non-profit organizations such as Youth Empowerment Project, Children’s Bureau, Boys Hope Girls Hope, and Boys Town to Target for a shopping spree. Here he gives each child a $200 gift card and two tickets to an upcoming game. He calls this yearly function “Santa Cuz.”

If this offseason proved anything its that stars want to be part of competent organizations that show progress. Doesnt matter about your history (Lakers) or if your entire front office is black (Knicks).

No big FA is signing with either of those teams for the time being.

"But"

Wasn't to suggest that he deserved to be hurt.

It was meant to suggest that I had another point I wanted to make.

Maybe it was the wrong transition word to use.

Fact is, I wasn't speaking of the injury at all...just that he has been perceived as this overall "good dude" when in the locker room, in Sacramento, that wasn't the case.

In addition like 100027 100027 pointed out, now wasn't the right context to mention it, he was right...and I conceded that point.

Moving fwd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom