THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd honestly be pissed too if the guy who's continually been sonned by Joe Ingles is getting preferential treatment. I'm here for the implosion though.

Lakers fans like to act like the prevailing narrative in the Summer was that the Clippers were going to cake-walk to the title, but that’s not actually what happened.
With everyone's rosters as currently constructed, I still don't really see them getting pushed to 7 games by anybody other than maybe the Bucks in the Finals. When it comes down to the last 5 minutes, they have the best player in the league that can pretty much get whatever shot he wants, and can defend your best player. And he's surrounded by a really strong supporting cast.

I'm just not sure who can match up with that in a series.

Just heard Sam Amick on a radio interview talking about the Clippers article. Yawn. Basically he said is still adjusting to the new pieces and it’s taking a while because of load management and injuries. Said he got no sense guys on the team don’t like each other or anything like that.

Should I pull the media receipts or let one of the designated clowns that only serve that purpose do it?

Lol I got you

F3A9BD1A-D958-483D-AD6D-EB4148F6C4E5.png

Lakers weren’t even supposed to be here :pimp:
True underdog story word to Steph Curry

On a more serious note: The clippers better win this year. If they don’t both the stars they gave up their entire future for will be free agents in less than 18 months. We all know what the narrative will be heading into next season if the Clippers somehow defy the odds and don’t win the title.

Just heard Sam Amick on a radio interview talking about the Clippers article. Yawn. Basically he said is still adjusting to the new pieces and it’s taking a while because of load management and injuries. Said he got no sense guys on the team don’t like each other or anything like that.
there was issues behind the scenese with the raps and we won the title and are the defending NBA champions.

im sure youll be fine.

but then again we have Kyle Lowry and yall don't . :smile:

according to the various raptor fan boards, various players were annoyed with kawhi, and it blew up once or twice during the season...

but Lowry's leadership held the team together.

...It's the little things. :D

Lol I got you

F3A9BD1A-D958-483D-AD6D-EB4148F6C4E5.png

Lakers weren’t even supposed to be here :pimp:
True underdog story word to Steph Curry

On a more serious note: The clippers better win this year. If they don’t both the stars they gave up their entire future for will be free agents in less than 18 months. We all know what the narrative will be heading into next season if the Clippers somehow defy the odds and don’t win the title.

If we do win tho....ooo boy. Im getting banned for sure

My All-Stars:

West:
Davis, LeBron, Kawhi, Harden, Luka
Gobert, Jokic, Ingram, Booker, Mitchell, Lillard, CP3

East:
Embiid, Bam, Giannis, Butler, Kemba
Sabonis, Siakam, Simmons, Middleton, Jaylen, Lowry, Trae

Starters:
West: Luka/Harden/Lebron/Kawhi/AD
East: Simmons/Kyrie/Giannis/Siakam/Embiid
(If Kyrie doesn’t get in, give his spot to Kemba)

East reserves:
Kemba/Trae
Beal/Middleton
Butler
Bam/Sabonis

Just missed: Brogdon/Brown/Tatum (give Brogdon the spot on the bench if Kyrie doesn’t get in and Kemba is a starter)

West reserves:
Westbrook/Dame/CP3
Mitchell/Booker
Jokic/Gobert

just missed: Ingram/PG/KAT (would’ve picked KAT over Booker but he missed to many games)
Too young: Morant/SGA

Media gon media. Did the same thing in Boston last year. It wasn't good here, but the media was out for blood. They wanted to make you think the locker room was a snake pit. Probably trying to do the same thing in LA.

Hmm. Apparently the predetermined decision by the pelicans medical staff is to keep zion on the floor only up to the point until he gets gassed. The moment he gets gassed they want him out because they don't want him to be lazy with body mechanics. Interesting.

It's going to be a long road to 25 mpg for the big guy.

What did people expect the season to go like though? They have one of the best records in the league and that's with BPG missing almost half the season and Kawhi not playing B2Bs. Were there folks out there saying they were gonna win 70+ or something?
Essentially how the narrative was painted, the roles would be reversed between them and the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom