THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you are trying to start an argument, correct?

Kobe Bryant still has said nothing about being Black in america, and he only started this initiative after he retired. F' him and the horse he rode in on...
"I won't react to something just because I'm supposed to, because I'm an African-American. That argument doesn't make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American, we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we've progressed as a society? Well, then don't jump to somebody's defense just because they're African-American."
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/10695273/kobe-bryant-trayvon-martin-black-twitter

Juxtaposed to this response..... THAT is how you deal with it. You cannot be KIND to white supremacy in america, nor in the world. You must deal with it head on. You can't worry about your brand, you cannot worry about insulting white people. You can't worry about them being comfortable at all, because white privilege damned sure do not care about Black people being comfortable in this world. Be Black, love Black, live Black. And yeah, support Black.

He does something yet it’s not good enough. Why is it Kobe’s obligation you, as a professional athlete, to speak out about social issues pertaining to the African American community? This is, on some levels, akin to fans thinking Luck or Gronk owe them something.

I guess you are trying to start an argument, correct?

Kobe Bryant still has said nothing about being Black in america, and he only started this initiative after he retired. F' him and the horse he rode in on...
"I won't react to something just because I'm supposed to, because I'm an African-American. That argument doesn't make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American, we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we've progressed as a society? Well, then don't jump to somebody's defense just because they're African-American."
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/10695273/kobe-bryant-trayvon-martin-black-twitter

Juxtaposed to this response..... THAT is how you deal with it. You cannot be KIND to white supremacy in america, nor in the world. You must deal with it head on. You can't worry about your brand, you cannot worry about insulting white people. You can't worry about them being comfortable at all, because white privilege damned sure do not care about Black people being comfortable in this world. Be Black, love Black, live Black. And yeah, support Black.

It's kinda interesting that your definition of being black is always in contrast of being white. Which is actually a testament to how effectively the politics of white supremacy has rotted your brain in a 'mission accomplished' fashion. Almost like you hate white people more than you love your own people. Which is why your 'message' comes off more like trolling than genuine humanitarianism and falls on deaf ears. It's like you read the first chapter of the autobiography of Malcolm x and called it a day. And when I say kinda interesting what I mean is I really don't care too much

Since the summer run videos started popping off have any of the Dubs been in them? Seems like Steph and Klay do their own thing. I think I remember KD at a run or two. Only remember Draymond in that session with DLo. Are they keeping their cards close to their chest?

nah bro. not yet. i was surprised about it actually. maybe they thought dudes would try to hurt them, idk. i know curry and klay mostly spend their summers on tour in china though, so that may have something to do with it.

was surprised i havent seen kyrie in the mian ones. saw him in a few last year. i know curry was in some pro-am games a summer or so ago too.

but no summit or rico hines runs yet

It's like you read the first chapter of the autobiography of Malcolm x and called it a day.
EDBB90AB-2710-4816-980B-E6D312A62CE9.jpeg

It's kinda interesting that your definition of being black is always in contrast of being white. Which is actually a testament to how effectively the politics of white supremacy has rotted your brain in a 'mission accomplished' fashion. Almost like you hate white people more than you love your own people. Which is why your 'message' comes off more like trolling than genuine humanitarianism and falls on deaf ears. It's like you read the first chapter of the autobiography of Malcolm x and called it a day. And when I say kinda interesting what I mean is I really don't care too much

D84D674F-BA22-4DE4-AE42-75E486EEE3CA.gif

Take this nonsense to General

He literally does this in every thread he posts in. I honestly am not sure I have ever seen him post about the topic of a thread without including something about race or gender. We tryna watch Rico Hines runs, get Boogie jokes off and talk real life **** about watching out for the yambs and son in here in his dashiki and cap holding his Malcolm X biography tryna talk about retired players not doing enough for the African American community. That ain’t it, Chief. Not in S&T.

You did not care so much, that you responded to a post I made about Curry and LeBron. Well, considering what thread this is and the normal misogynistic and racist support that is garnered here as well? Whatever.. Get at me when you’ve actually read any book. 1619-2019

Why do you think you’re the only one shouting out Steph and Bron for their social actions? We been doing that

He does something yet it’s not good enough. Why is it Kobe’s obligation you, as a professional athlete, to speak out about social issues pertaining to the African American community? This is, on some levels, akin to fans thinking Luck or Gronk owe them something.
Are you really trying to compare the response of fans toward Andrew Luck, to the lack of empathy shown by Kobe Bryant, who chose to speak out against Black empowerment? He should have kept his mouth shut on the Trayvon Martin situation , of which opened the door in regard to his position on what ot means to be Black in america.

^^^ For real though —and I’ll admit it’s been a while since I’ve spent much time in weight rooms — but who does squats like that?

That’s not even good technique, right?

You did not care so much, that you responded to a post I made about Curry and LeBron. Well, considering what thread this is and the normal misogynistic and racist support that is garnered here as well? Whatever.. Get at me when you’ve actually read any book. 1619-2019

Not gonna keep going back and forth with you. Just gonna point out that all I did was post some info about a black person helping the black community, absent of any editorial comment, and your first reaction was to think I was trying to start an argument. What does that say about yourself..? You veered the subject from 'I love what these black people are doing for the community' to 'I don't like what that black person is doing for the community because he doesn't hate white people enough'. You fancy yourself as this sort of 'message board malcolm' but then chastize a guy and accuse him of becoming woke too late in life as if you're completely ignorant of the background and evolution of Malcolm x. You come equipped with a fistful of stones to throw but your message isn't reaching it's destination. Not to white people, not to black people, brown, yellow..none of the above. Perhaps you should reconsider your approach. Stay blessed bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom