The Yankees have the best rotation in baseball Yay or Nay

Boston's staff won championships, gimme a break.

You're delusional if you think otherwise, Burnett would be the #4-5 starter on the Red Sox.

How is Boston's rotation not better?

A healthy Josh Beckett isn't far behind CC and Jon Lester is better than any other pitcher on the Yankee staff, and if Matsuzaka continues to pitch like hedid last year, he's better than Wang/Burnett too...

--Dukeshererereer
-Player 2
-Player 3
-Player 4
-Player 5

We got the Rotation game on lock.
pimp.gif

move joba to the bullpen
as long as everyone stays healthy (wang and burnett), that's a deadly starting rotation

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

How is Boston's rotation not better?

A healthy Josh Beckett isn't far behind CC and Jon Lester is better than any other pitcher on the Yankee staff, and if Matsuzaka continues to pitch like he did last year, he's better than Wang/Burnett too...

Not the Lester of last season. Their rotation is what failed them, while they are thought to have more potiental we have not seen it yet.

laugh.gif

No comment in response to the last # of posts.
We'll just see what happens during the season.

The Yankees have the 3rd best rotation in the AL East. This thread is a joke, right?

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Why don't we wait and see how CC pitches in NY before answering this?
And also if Wang can return to form, Burnett and Joba can stay off the DL, Pettitte comes back and Hughes can showthat he can pitch effectively in the majors.

Am i the only person that thinks AJ burnett sucks? Dude is pretty much a career .500 pitcher and allows 4 runs a game. Dude is garbage

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Am i the only person that thinks AJ burnett sucks? Dude is pretty much a career .500 pitcher and allows 4 runs a game. Dude is garbage

Curt Schilling said he has the best "stuff" in all of baseball. But yeah, dude is wildly inconsistent/injury-prone. He's only pitched 200 inningsin a season 3 times.

Not that he sucks, just how he's not worth 5 years, $81 million in my opinion because of the fact that he is very injury prone and has pitchedonly 200 innings in 3 seasons.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

4 runs a game? No.

In his 3 years in Toronto..... he averaged....
6.5 IP per start
2.85 runs given up per start

6 IP-----3 ER = "quality start" in baseball

Originally Posted by bkmac

Not that he sucks, just how he's not worth 5 years, $81 million in my opinion because of the fact that he is very injury prone and has pitched only 200 innings in 3 seasons.
I'm assuming you mean in one season.... since he pitched 523 IP in 3 years in Tor

His ERA for those 3 years in Toronto was 3.94. That's not very good.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

It's still too early to make judgments.
Exactly.
Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
how can yanks fans still get excited about these offseason moves?
I can't say I've been excited. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have CC on board (Burnett
sick.gif
)...but if the last number of years are an indicator as to how these big timefree agents will work out in NY, then it's going to be the same story with these guys...
ohwell.gif

The Yankees will be kicking themselves for signing Burnett for 5 ++*%$+# years. Ridiculous...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

The Yankees have the best team ON PAPER.....EVERY YEAR.
I disagree but alright.
And
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Boston's being better.
How is that humorous? They're right...the Yankees have the best team on paper every...single...year. Most of these experts pick the Yankees towin the WS each year. I don't need to tell you how their predictions end up turning out...

Point blank, the Yankees can sign all these guys they want but until they go out and prove it on the field, they'll still remain the best team on paper.

Back
Top Bottom