The Yankees have the best rotation in baseball Yay or Nay

1 CC
2 Wang
3 Burnett
4 Joba
5 Pettitte or Hughes

Yankee Rotation > Any other rotation in baseball
Hughes has been threw well in Winter ball too.

Joba should def not be a starter, he alongside Mariano makes games 7 innings long for the opponent.

Burnett is average at best and will always be hurt, don't be fooled just by the names on the rotation.

1 and 2 are very solid though. Hughes has done nothing as of yet, I don't care what his winter ball stats are. There are also better alternatives than anold Pettite, who has elbow issues.

Just thought I'd throw this in there, I just heard on sports center yanks are setting up meeting with Manny hahaha.

IMO the yankees dont even have the best rotation in their own division, Tampa bay has a better rotation... Garza, shields, kazmir, sonnanstine and now DAVIDPrice!! With that said... IF the Cubs can reopen talks again for Jake Peavy, they will bar none, no questions asked, no ifs, and's or buts have the bestrotation! I still think the cubs have a better rotation than both of those teams. Zambrano, Dempster, Harden, Lilly, Marquis.

I used to see Burnett play all the time. Trust me. He's not good. As someone said, average at best. If he wants to, and that's a big IF, he could be agreat pitcher. He slacks off and is oft-injured. Even the Jays' rotation would better than the Yankees' if Marcum and McGowan weren't injured. Ithink if Kazmir could stop being so erratic and inconsistent, no one will even be talking about the Yankees pitching rotation in a couple months, besides maybehow much money they wasted

BOS_Red_Sox.PNG

laugh.gif
how can yanks fans still get excited about these offseason moves? they go out and spend as much money as anybody every year, and every year their fansthink they've really put a stud team together.. then they show up and play like garbage for 6 months, more often than not (the last 10 years or so).

Maybe you guys should think about building from within a bit more?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
how can yanks fans still get excited about these offseason moves? they go out and spend as much money as anybody every year, and every year their fans think they've really put a stud team together.. then they show up and play like garbage for 6 months, more often than not (the last 10 years or so).

Well I have realized that we aren't going to build from within so I have to accept the cash sprees.
I know its not how we won in the 90's. But what can we do?

And as fans we gotta get excited becuase we just signed two of the best pitchers from last year. And it was clear last year that our biggest problem was thelack of pitching. I ALWAYS think we will make the playoffs and definitely contend for the WS.

And no we don't have the best rotation. As long as we have guys who haven't performed in the post season. And Boston still has Beckett. Theirrotation> Our rotation.

No. It's not better than Boston's. It might not even be better than the Rays or Cubs, especially if the Cubs do end up with Peavy...

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
how can yanks fans still get excited about these offseason moves? they go out and spend as much money as anybody every year, and every year their fans think they've really put a stud team together.. then they show up and play like garbage for 6 months, more often than not (the last 10 years or so).

AMEN!

Why does this matter? The Yankees have the best team ON PAPER.....EVERY YEAR. And something always goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom