The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
Sin-FUL :evil:

I like how he's "expanding" and "experimenting" with his sound, as an artist...from what I just heard. Does. Not. Disappoint.

Dam we feastin
Feel like it don't it. 
laugh.gif

i am staying away from all snippets and non cdq leaks. Will wait for Mood Music cdq or whatever he is calling it now.

if what you guys are saying is true though and its more poppy sounding. i will pour out a 40 to the greatest run in music i have witnessed in my life. All 3 trilogy albums through kissland.

We've been fiend-Ing for Mood Music for two months, then homie just randomly lets two tracks leak out like it's nothing, b. :lol:

Damn finally listened to the CDQ. Yall were right it is pretty pop ready. Both joints are jamming though.  Yall need to chill and wait talking about a run could be over. I'd be dissapointed if the majority of the album sounded like this, not that I think that will happen, but even if it did it could be the start of a new run. 

After listening to ITN and ICFMF a few times, these are good songs to cruise to with your windows down. Enjoying the day. Not mad at it at all.

Last edited:
Like don't get me wrong I respect the new track and see where it can lead. But I need the raunch

We'll probably get a half and half album. Experiment with the new sound on a few tracks and the rest staying true to the core fan base.

wonder if the young gawd has enough material to put out a double disc themed album, upbeat/pop and dark/sullen ...that would be amazing

Gotta listen to those 2 new leaks after work. I swear everytime something drops I leave my headphones at home :lol:.

A double album would be dope. Btw let's not forget he still has some ill/doc songs to release.

In The Night 
pimp.gif
 the replay value is there, I don't think I'll be playing I Can't Feel My Face that often

The material is still pretty dark, that's the funny thing, on both tracks 
laugh.gif

Totally forgot that there's more coming with ill. If I'm not mistaken he had a hand in mood music right?

In The Night :pimp:  the replay value is there, I don't think I'll be playing I Can't Feel My Face that often

The material is still pretty dark, that's the funny thing, on both tracks :lol:

Right, one song is about his love for cocaine and the other is about a prostitute. Still the same subjects just repackaged in a more uptempo sound.

In the 90's is also shaping up to be a cool track, just heard another longer snippet 
pimp.gif

"They got accustomed to the life we live-- these girls born in-- the 90's are dangerous. I got em thinkin that they want me, although they don't think they're the only. I got them wanting to embrace their sins-- these girls born in-- the 90's are dangerous."

Back
Top Bottom