The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
Word of course he's human... He's music won't be the same forever. It'll change as he changes as a person.

But this was the last thing I was expecting tbh. 

Here's dat zippy fellas.

Enjoy 
smokin.gif

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/th48cEYi/file.html

Song sounds waaay better than the snippet. 

Last edited:
Whys going Pop so looked down on??

When its doen right its flames, knowing Abel, got no worries.

Whys going Pop so looked down on??

When its doen right its flames, knowing Abel, got no worries.
Me personally, I don't look down on any genre of music. When I listen to The Weeknd, my preference isn't to hear poppy tracks

Sometimes he can transcend and give a "pop" track that fits within his world

I feel like my boundary is Wanderlaust, I Can't Feel My Face sort of crossed over a little too much for my tastes

Again, respect to anyone else who enjoys it though. I personally am holding out hope there's 5-7 tracks that "I'm used to". If he wants to branch out, grow, make money, whatever the case may be, more power to him

There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be HUGE on the radio. If we thought Earned It was a success, imagine this track. It's Robin Thicke on steroids, with the MJ influence and POWER producer

Vincent, I know exactly what you mean famb.

But damn, young gawd proves himself once again. I was hoping that these new snippets were for a soundtrack to some movie or something.

Vincent, I know exactly what you mean famb.

But damn, young gawd proves himself once again. I was hoping that these new snippets were for a soundtrack to some movie or something.
Again, I am not turning up my nose. An artist trying out some new sounds is inevitable. I still have Mood Music to look forward to and I can only assume several similar sounding tracks to accompany 

ICFMF is straight. Something different from the dude but he's definitely trying for them charts this time around.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be HUGE on the radio. If we thought Earned It was a success, imagine this track. It's Robin Thicke on steroids, with the MJ influence and POWER producer
What Robin Thicke track is in the same lane as this?  I don't listen to him much.

I know this has a heavy MJ influence, but I wonder if Weeknd got any inspiration from Majid Jordan.  Either way, I'm feeling it
pimp.gif

ICFMF is straight. Something different from the dude but he's definitely trying for them charts this time around.

And im okay with it. I know the dark and savage is their hell it's his core. But if he wants to experiment go ahead Young Gawd. But if I see or hear any chicks vibing to this Illhave the man's catalog a click away.

Back
Top Bottom