The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, In The 90s sounds promising. The full song leak is suppose to happen sometime later this day. The whole album going to be leaked by next week at this rate haha.

I just realized In The Night is like the North American version of Belong To The World 
eek.gif

This **** feels like such a throwback, like it could have been released in the 80's, this has to be the hit man. I hope this is the main single. He skated on it, it shows his range, storytelling, lyricism, nice prodcution, the background vocals, they're faint but DISTINCT, classic Weeknd.. it all just hit me

Last edited:
I need covers for both songs :nerd:

KTT is slacking

can't find a DL for either song :nerd:

Last edited:
Ok i cracked and listened to In the Night
Its solid. Def has a great 80s feel. I did it. But you can't kill "drinks on us" and "might not make it" and "mood music" and give us an album of pop music. I will be livid.

Last edited:
I'm straight off ICFMF, **** is generic and if Robin Thicke or Jason Derulo made that song I don't think any of yall would listen to it.

In The Night is cool but still not really up to par with what he can do.

I'm all for artists growing and trying new things but Weeknd has never been treading water sound wise, this is just not as good.

The features he's been dropping have been fire though, so I still hold hope.

I'm straight off ICFMF, **** is generic and if Robin Thicke or Jason Derulo made that song I don't think any of yall would listen to it.

In The Night is cool but still not really up to par with what he can do.

I'm all for artists growing and trying new things but Weeknd has never been treading water sound wise, this is just not as good.

The features he's been dropping have been fire though, so I still hold hope.

I agree. We enjoy the songs because it is The Weeknd. Personally though if this was the first time I heard The Weeknd, I wouldn't be blown away.

I agree. We enjoy the songs because it is The Weeknd. Personally though if this was the first time I heard The Weeknd, I wouldn't be blown away.
The main difference to me is the progression of each track. I Can't Feel My Face and In The Night don't have that buildup and climax that I'm used to in each Weeknd track. The POP thing doesn't bother me as much as that does

In The Night is very Odd Look esque IMO in terms of the sound without the epic buildup and climax

Last edited:
The main difference to me is the progression of each track. I Can't Feel My Face and In The Night don't have that buildup and climax that I'm used to in each Weeknd track. The POP thing doesn't bother me as much as that does

In The Night is very Odd Look esque IMO in terms of the sound without the epic buildup and climax

Absolutely, decent tracks but don't have that wow factor. Take The Hills for example, when it drops it's that wow factor, the scream sets it off imo.

Plz no kiss land producer on the album [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

What are the confirmed producers on the album btw? Is the Kiss Land producer on this?

I'm just waitin on the tracks made by Ill and Doc. Praying they got 6-8 tracks

I guess this album really is a half and half album
Not sure fam. I'm on the same boat as you though.

Damn just imagine a 2 disc project. Mommies playing the disc 1 in the car taking her kids to school and being around the husband. Then when they have their XO or "girls night out" she pops in disc 2 and it begins 
smokin.gif

roll.gif

Not sure fam. I'm on the same boat as you though.

Damn just imagine a 2 disc project. Mommies playing the disc 1 in the car taking her kids to school and being around the husband. Then when they have their XO or "girls night out" she pops in disc 2 and it begins 
smokin.gif

roll.gif
Lol. Damn I hope but I doubt it gonna be a 2 discer

I bet if anything he'll have 10 tracks

I'm hoping and praying the 3 tracks (In The Night, I Can't Feel My Face and In The 90's) are the lone pop departures and then we get 7 tracks of Mood Music

I have a feeling LMH and Earned It will either be on the album or an album with bonus tracks. Hoping that's not the case but artists have done things like that before.

Back
Top Bottom