The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.5%

• Total voters
as long as you dont write the rest of the catalog off based of them, youre gucci

to the people who write artists off based off 1 or 2 songs 
mean.gif

Been rocking with him since Thursday. Those two songs don't serve as a proper reflection of his entire body of work. Besides, they're not god awful. I just don't listen to them by choice. :lol:

I don't eem understand the aversion to Tears In The Rain. EASILY one of my favorite tracks off KL.

And as I turn on the radio Earned It is playing. Safe to say dude is a household name, yet?

I don't eem understand the aversion to Tears In The Rain. EASILY one of my favorite tracks off KL.

And as I turn on the radio Earned It is playing. Safe to say dude is a household name, yet?

Im hearing this dude everywheretoo.

Wingstop played Elastic Hear t & Often. Earned It getting mad radio play

Also I'm hearing dude all over the radio these days, earned it at subway, elastic hearts at the grocery store, often/kotf and even wicked games still getting a ton of radio play around toronto.

I imagine what it would be like to be at a festival or show and to hear Might Not performed. The bass... the God level flow.. "Then I get em faded off that super fantastic. Roll that Grandmaster, smell it through the plastic"..

I kind of need that moment

I imagine what it would be like to be at a festival or show and to hear Might Not performed. The bass... the God level flow.. "Then I get em faded off that super fantastic. Roll that Grandmaster, smell it through the plastic"..

I kind of need that moment
Hoping this exact thing happens when I go to Sweet Life Festival on the 31st 
nerd.gif

To this day...wicked games is still my ****.

The realness of "I left my girl back home, I don't love her no more" Just being able to be stuck in the moment and have nothing else matter then the here and now. "These ******* eyes that I'm staring at"

At one point every song on HOB had its turn of being my ****.

After the smoke clears tho I'm still riding with coming down >>>>>>*

Coming Down was the first ever Weeknd song I heard years and years ago, initially ran it back at least 4 times... I felt like I found gold that day, haven't looked back since. :pimp:

Coming Down one of the best songs in music, everything about it is perfect.

Production is just so smooth, lyrics perfect and the melodies of course.

The Japanese sample at the end, **** should be in a museum.

Lets start that. 

Whats the first Weeknd song all yall heard?

Mine was The Zone. I remember I was on WSHH and saw one of those "cell phone beauties" video and fine girl had it playing for the vid. 
pimp.gif
. Instantly hooked

High For This and the HOB tape

I didn't even realize the music was my actual life at the time and honestly I didn't really fall in love with it initially. I would just ALWAYS have it playing but it was a weird dynamic. I didn't consciously think "this is timeless". Of course it didn't take too long to realize it but I always remember how I'd be playing the music before going out to bars on the weeknights and it just fit in perfectly with my mood all the time

Last edited:
The Morning.

This was the time when I began to experiment with real drugs besides marijuana. I remember experimenting with lean and just being able to relate to that one line, "codeine cups paint a picture so vivid". And then my life began to change as the tapes began to drop.

The Morning.

This was the time when I began to experiment with real drugs besides marijuana. I remember experimenting with lean and just being able to relate to that one line, "codeine cups paint a picture so vivid". And then my life began to change as the tapes began to drop.
Damn bro. I remember the life, where I could do all that

It's a little sad that now I just have the music and not the lifestyle to match

The birds part 1 back when me and my frat brothers were taking a road trip to Atlanta from the town we went to college in. We had a house party and the girl I was trying to one night lost her ******* mind when the birds came on. She's shouting "I love the weeknd" over and over. i was young and had yambs on the mind so I didn't really pay attention to the lyrics until the end where the Spanish guitar closes it out. :lol:

I remember googling his name that night and I was confused as hell because I figured this had to be a band and not just one person. But she was feeling it so I said **** it. Let it ride.

My boys were playing this tape

Drake_The_Weeknd_Ovoxo-front-large.jpg

and a few days later I downloaded it myself just to check out the few songs he had on there. I was really into Love Through Her because... Well... Yeah. :lol:

So from there I branched off and looked for his music. This was about August of 2011... It's been XO til we overdose ever since. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom