The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
Apparently the release date of August 28, 2015 was floating around as being confirmed by Republic and Revolt TV.

Universal had them boys locked in a hotel in NYC all weekend. Album almost done

Abel dating a bad lil junt from Toronto
pimp.gif
Apparently the release date of August 28, 2015 was floating around as being confirmed by Republic and Revolt TV.
So does this mean the album is coming sooner or wut

Who knows, man. It's a waiting game at this point. I get the sense that the label is putting a bit of pressure to finish it up since he tweeted about working slower when he's rushed... And if what @cartune just posted has any validity to it, then it's highly likely that a deadline date is approaching/has approached.

I'm just excited to see what goes down in the coming weeks. Hopefully we get a good bit of singles so that I can fuel my summer with lol sorts of antics like I did back in 2013. :lol:

Yeah man I get it every year, best job ever :lol: . Along with some under the table income so it's like I'm still getting paid twice a week when I'm not actually working :smokin . Me and 3 friends also rented a beach house from Memorial Day-end of Sept. Plenty of time for some good times :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: .
Jesus man. You're flourishing.. you're telling me you have a beach house from May til September?? :wow:  

We need this music man
4 months of filth :lol:.

I kinda like that the label is pushing him to get a move on. He hasn't dropped a new project in 2 years (right?). I'm sure he has plenty of material. He doesn't seem like the type ofartist to just sit around and wait until his label gives him a dealine to startrecording. I just hope it doesn't seem rushed when it finally does release.

Last edited:
An exec Tweeted this a while back

This thing has to be done guise. I hope this means a summer album. If it's not summer you have to assume then it's a fall release since the August 28th date seems incorrect

Charlie Walk 
[emoji]10004[/emoji]@charliewalk

I just worked out to the craziest @theweeknd song ever. Can't wait for you to hear it in June!

4:45 AM - 3 May 2015

611611 Retweets

649649 favorites

It would be hilarious if the label actually slated the album to be out by August 28th only for him to crush that and chalk it up as a rumor/misinformation. :rofl:

Ain't no rushing greatness ***

Last edited:
labels set deadlines for artists all the time

they get together to  select album tracks, singles, consult on whether more tracks need to be recorded etc. 

dude working out to another "odd look" ? that song is clutch when im on a long run

labels set deadlines for artists all the time

they get together to  select album tracks, singles, consult on whether more tracks need to be recorded etc. 

dude working out to another "odd look" ? that song is clutch when im on a long run
Odd Look is 
nthat.gif

Solid video of his Coachella Weekend 2 performance, I watched the actual video once and then decided to convert it into an MP3 for iTunes/my phone using http://www.video2mp3.net/

Yeezy comes on at 36:25 for those interested
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS.

legit got chills when Abel started singing Heartless and Ye came out with Can't Tell Me Nothing... Legendary. 

Solid video of his Coachella Weekend 2 performance, I watched the actual video once and then decided to convert it into an MP3 for iTunes/my phone using http://www.video2mp3.net/

legit got chills when Abel started singing Heartless and Ye came out with Can't Tell Me Nothing... Legendary. 

Mannn, I went Weekend 1 and think he was the best performance I saw of the entire weekend.. I couldn't imagine how I'd feel with Ye come out as well :wow: . I had heard of rumors about Ye coming out for Drake, but a random *** appearance in the middle of Weeknd's set would've had me beyond hyped to say the least :lol:

Mannn, I went Weekend 1 and think he was the best performance I saw of the entire weekend.. I couldn't imagine how I'd feel with Ye come out as well :wow: . I had heard of rumors about Ye coming out for Drake, but a random *** appearance in the middle of Weeknd's set would've had me beyond hyped to say the least :lol:

The best part was right before the beat dropped, you can hear one person go,"Maybe he's here..." then someone else goes, "Yo ____, HE'S HERE!!"

Last edited:
Gave Kiss Land a spin this morning On the way to my campus. Belong to the world has aged incredibly well. Funny how I wasn't a fan of it upon my initial listen. :lol:

Tried to deviate from my usual habit of skipping Tears in the rain...

Immediately regretted that decision. :lol:

Last edited:
To this day...wicked games is still my ****.

The realness of "I left my girl back home, I don't love her no more" Just being able to be stuck in the moment and have nothing else matter then the here and now. "These ******* eyes that I'm staring at"

To this day...wicked games is still my ****.

The realness of "I left my girl back home, I don't love her no more" Just being able to be stuck in the moment and have nothing else matter then the here and now. "These ******* eyes that I'm staring at"

At one point every song on HOB had its turn of being my ****.

After the smoke clears tho I'm still riding with coming down >>>>>>*

Back
Top Bottom