The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
laugh.gif
 lulz 

^
laugh.gif

But nah homie has to be paid. I dont think the top notch production dude is getting is free.

toronto is the hub of good weed and pills. with the right people in your circle, you'd be able to get your hands on whatever you want.

Originally Posted by alilucask

Originally Posted by jm2000

^
laugh.gif

But nah homie has to be paid. I dont think the top notch production dude is getting is free.

wiki check.. ok Doc Mckinney

I'm sure he gets all his beats for free since his producer is apart of XO.

Naw, it's green shirt
laugh.gif

There's more old pictures of him out there.

On another note, his new Twitter default is dope.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Dont know if this was posted, but I found this pretty interesting.  a lil break down from some random dood.

I think the white girl represents two things, "coke" obviusly, but also in his music on Thursday he talks about a girl a lot and this is what I gathered.

Lonely Star: Meets girl
Life Of The Party: Girl kinda transitions into The Weeknds life style of drugs
Thursday: He shows the girl that "Thursday" is all he wants from here, he only wants to see her on the party day, shes nothing more.
The Zone: Hookup, kinda proves their whole relationship is drug related
Birds Part 1: Basically trying to tell the chick he ain't in it for love, don't get it twisted
Birds Part 2: She wants Weeknd to fall in love with her, shes trying to cling on
Gone: Seems like its Thursday again, and they're back at it, this time he shares
Rolling Stone: Weeknd starts to feel like maybe he does like the chick
Heaven or Las Vegas: At this point at the end, seems like Weeknd is caught in a delimma. He might want this girl, but it will either end up good (Heaven) or end up like every other girl to come along in his drug filled party life (Vegas).

So from gathering that, I feel like the girl on the cover represents the coke AND the actual girl he's !!ing with. On Wednesday she's irritable, waiting for Thursday. On Thursday she looks all good, because she knows she's going to be seeing the guy (Weeknd) and party with him. Friday she looks like a train wreck because she's hungover, and she's also depressed now because she realizes Thursday is over and she's back to being just another girl until next week rolls around again. From this I feel like Echos of Silence will roll in and be a really depressing kind of album, it's going to be the aftermath of Thursday. Weekend fighting with his dilemma of being with this girl, him coming down off of the drugs and realizing he may need to change, etc. Echos Of Silence imo is going to be more about him trying to figure things out within himself, the girl probably won't be too present on that one. Hence the word "silence". It's going to all be going on in his mind, at least that's what I think.

That's my take, for what it's worth.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Dont know if this was posted, but I found this pretty interesting.  a lil break down from some random dood.

I think the white girl represents two things, "coke" obviusly, but also in his music on Thursday he talks about a girl a lot and this is what I gathered.

Lonely Star: Meets girl
Life Of The Party: Girl kinda transitions into The Weeknds life style of drugs
Thursday: He shows the girl that "Thursday" is all he wants from here, he only wants to see her on the party day, shes nothing more.
The Zone: Hookup, kinda proves their whole relationship is drug related
Birds Part 1: Basically trying to tell the chick he ain't in it for love, don't get it twisted
Birds Part 2: She wants Weeknd to fall in love with her, shes trying to cling on
Gone: Seems like its Thursday again, and they're back at it, this time he shares
Rolling Stone: Weeknd starts to feel like maybe he does like the chick
Heaven or Las Vegas: At this point at the end, seems like Weeknd is caught in a delimma. He might want this girl, but it will either end up good (Heaven) or end up like every other girl to come along in his drug filled party life (Vegas).

So from gathering that, I feel like the girl on the cover represents the coke AND the actual girl he's !!ing with. On Wednesday she's irritable, waiting for Thursday. On Thursday she looks all good, because she knows she's going to be seeing the guy (Weeknd) and party with him. Friday she looks like a train wreck because she's hungover, and she's also depressed now because she realizes Thursday is over and she's back to being just another girl until next week rolls around again. From this I feel like Echos of Silence will roll in and be a really depressing kind of album, it's going to be the aftermath of Thursday. Weekend fighting with his dilemma of being with this girl, him coming down off of the drugs and realizing he may need to change, etc. Echos Of Silence imo is going to be more about him trying to figure things out within himself, the girl probably won't be too present on that one. Hence the word "silence". It's going to all be going on in his mind, at least that's what I think.

That's my take, for what it's worth.
i think this is 100% accurate. i can't wait for dude to start doing interviews.

NTers let the man live who didn't dress like a fool in high school or before we made anytype of real money.

Back
Top Bottom