The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HOB & Thursday, are meshing into one big !#% movie of love,drugs, and lust in my head
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by L0keY Jeenius

HoB = The Weekend
Thursday = The Weakened

Reach? 
nerd.gif
eek.gif
mind = blown. Could that possibly mean....
Echoes of Silence = The Weakest???????

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I was thinking:
Echoes of Silence = The Weak End 
nerd.gif
^^^^ Same here.
roll.gif

After several listens of this tape I think it perfectly compliments House of Balloons.

With the first listen I was disappointed because I felt like I could barely hear his voice and the beats were turned up to high. The songs seemed like dragged out interludes but that is no longer the case.

The Weeknd has put out another classic.

For me, The Zone is my favorite track right now.

The piano and guitar being strung just makes it so ill to me. 

Drake's flow is top notch on the track as well.

Can't wait for Echoes of Silence.

pimp.gif

Thoughts on a possible Drake x The Weeknd Mixtape?

I felt Thursday wasnt nearly as good as HOB, but it was still a GREAT album. i was hoping for a song to just completely blow my mind like The Morning did, but ehh.. the drake feature was close enough.

So don’t you fall in love
Don’t make me make you fall in love
Don’t make me make you fall in love with a !!$!! like me
Nobody needs to fall in love
I swear I’m just a bird
Girl, I’m just another bird
Don’t make me make you fall in love with a !!$!! like me
Like Me[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]
[/font]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This song is so dope. Can't get it out of my head. Apparently I was at the club on Saturday night singing it to some random birds. I was so faded I didn't even know, friends filled me in the next day 
laugh.gif

Been bumping Gone a lot.

Gone from that codeine, 'methazine lean. Got me feeling kinda weak, and it's kinda hard to breathe.

Sip and I'll be wheeze from another cup of potion. Dirty Sprite toasting. Fast life, now slow. Low life for life, let the meds floowwwww

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

Originally Posted by L0keY Jeenius

HoB = The Weekend
Thursday = The Weakened

Reach? 
nerd.gif
eek.gif
mind = blown. Could that possibly mean....
Echoes of Silence = The Weakest???????

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Echoes of Silence = The Week END??
eek.gif
,Dude gonna disappear after dropping it and will just become a distant memory on some Gnarls Barkley tip

Spoiler [+]

roll.gif

I kinda think that though. That's what Rolling Stone is about. Not really wanting to be famous. And all that's going to happen when it does happen.

I doubt he peaces all the way out though...but..."he'll be different."

roll.gif
roll.gif

nephew reminded me of when those villagers discovered white ppl and rice for the first time and they'd knock themselves upside the head to say that it's "good" 

Good album but it's not close to House Of Balloons in my opinion. The thing is, there aren't even any truly bad songs on Thursday, they're all good and some excellent like Lonely Star, The Zone, and The Birds Pt 1/2. I felt like almost every song on House Of Balloons was excellent and it was more cohesive an album. The type of album where I had a new favorite track every week and wouldn't get tired of playing it in the car. I don't see that happening with Thursday. Songs like Life of the Party, Thursday, and Rolling Stone just aren't at that level. They're good but they don't compare. Maybe it's not even fair to be making that comparison in the first place. Either way, Thursday is a good album and I can't wait for Echoes of Silence to drop.

Originally Posted by cotter07

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

This is the first time in history I catch myself trying to force myself to love something. 
I REALLY felt that way while listening to Watch the Throne. I'm honestly not sure if I'll spin it again.

Serious question.. How does dude afford all these drugs? I mean, he isn't signed (right?) and doesn't really do shows but like once every blue moon.

Originally Posted by alilucask

Serious question.. How does dude afford all these drugs? I mean, he isn't signed (right?) and doesn't really do shows but like once every blue moon.

own supply high 

lolwut?! Yeah cause only superstars can afford drugs. How old are you? You live in North Dakota?

lolwut?! Yeah cause only superstars can afford drugs. How old are you? You live in North Dakota?
dude obviously doesn't have a 9-5 and all he talks about is drugs.. i'm just saying

dude obviously doesn't have a 9-5 and all he talks about is drugs.. i'm just saying
1. He writes music
2. You don't know what he was doing before this.
3. He's getting a Drake feature. I'm sure he's not living on his mom's couch.
4. You act like he's talking about a Maybach. An E pill can be between $7-$13 and a gram of coke can be $40-60. Just cause you don't have a 9-5 doesn't mean he has NO INCOME WHATSOEVER.

Back
Top Bottom