The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Originally Posted by henz0

I CAN'T stop playin 'Gone'.. $#*# is serious 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
.. DATSLOWSTROKEMUSIC
roll.gif

This dude's music has me wanting ({'}) 24-7-365.
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
pusha-t-featuring-50-cent-raid-produced-by-the-neptunes-1.png
all of this right here, man..
30t6p3b.gif

This tape gets better & better with every listen.  Have been playing it heavy all weekend, & every time I get a new appreciation for each song. Def lived up to my expectations
pimp.gif

The Zone
sick.gif

The Weeknd is 2 for 2.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

This tape gets better & better with every listen.  Have been playing it heavy all weekend, & every time I get a new appreciation for each song. Def lived up to my expectations
pimp.gif

The Zone
sick.gif

The Weeknd is 2 for 2.
QFT

After a full weekend of listening I can say this is just as good as HOB.

Its crazy to hear all the different opinions about each song.  Really goes to show you everyone's different taste and appreciation for his music

Lonley Star might be my favorite track right now but i really like Gone as well.  Before the tape came out The Birds part 1 was my favorite song he ever did so I can't count that.  But overall amazing tape.  Thank you AbelGod

This music makes you want the P all the time but makes me want to drink tons of that purple drank and do a ton of pills too.  Different zone type music. 
"She in love with my crew
She said make enough so I can try some
I thought taking drugs jus’ ain't you
Yeah girl, just be you"

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

After finally acquiring da mixtape and giving it a spin, I am definitely feeling this joint. I feel this is a bit more accessible than House of Balloons. The only song I'm not feeling much is Gone, other than that. Thumbs up.

Get baked, go in the whip, bass up.  track is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
  zones you the +#!% out

Haven't had time to listen to it til today. I like it. Need a couple more listens to really decide if it's up there with House of Balloons.

This is the first time in history I catch myself trying to force myself to love something. I keep playing it trying to get something to catch me like the last 3 minutes of Loft Music
laugh.gif

Scott at first I had the same problem, but just forget about HOB and let the album stand on its own, you're not going to get another loft music or after party so stop looking for that feeling,

This is a whole new chapter, new experiences I'm sure the same thing will happen when EOS comes out and everyone is going to looking for a song that has that the zone feeling

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

HoB = The Weekend
Thursday = The Weakened

Reach? 
nerd.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Makes sense to me.

I also read some other review, that said listening to Thursday, you're in the same hotel room like you were while listening to HOB, just on different drugs.
laugh.gif

As many of you called it, giving the tape a chance to play through several times over the past handful of days has been deja vu. Didn't really embrace this one initially, just like HOB. But after a while things just clicked and I think it's just a few notches below HOB. So predictable
laugh.gif

I honestly do skip one track on HOB and I do the same for this tape.

Also Rolling Stone never got any plays from me when it initially came out, but now it's one of my favorite tracks
laugh.gif

Also Rolling Stone never got any plays from me when it initially came out, but now it's one of my favorite tracks
laugh.gif

This is the 2nd time someone said this & I agree
laugh.gif
I don't know what it is, but that track grew on me so much.

Dont know if this was posted, but I found this pretty interesting.  a lil break down from some random dood.

I think the white girl represents two things, "coke" obviusly, but also in his music on Thursday he talks about a girl a lot and this is what I gathered.

Lonely Star: Meets girl
Life Of The Party: Girl kinda transitions into The Weeknds life style of drugs
Thursday: He shows the girl that "Thursday" is all he wants from here, he only wants to see her on the party day, shes nothing more.
The Zone: Hookup, kinda proves their whole relationship is drug related
Birds Part 1: Basically trying to tell the chick he ain't in it for love, don't get it twisted
Birds Part 2: She wants Weeknd to fall in love with her, shes trying to cling on
Gone: Seems like its Thursday again, and they're back at it, this time he shares
Rolling Stone: Weeknd starts to feel like maybe he does like the chick
Heaven or Las Vegas: At this point at the end, seems like Weeknd is caught in a delimma. He might want this girl, but it will either end up good (Heaven) or end up like every other girl to come along in his drug filled party life (Vegas).

So from gathering that, I feel like the girl on the cover represents the coke AND the actual girl he's !!ing with. On Wednesday she's irritable, waiting for Thursday. On Thursday she looks all good, because she knows she's going to be seeing the guy (Weeknd) and party with him. Friday she looks like a train wreck because she's hungover, and she's also depressed now because she realizes Thursday is over and she's back to being just another girl until next week rolls around again. From this I feel like Echos of Silence will roll in and be a really depressing kind of album, it's going to be the aftermath of Thursday. Weekend fighting with his dilemma of being with this girl, him coming down off of the drugs and realizing he may need to change, etc. Echos Of Silence imo is going to be more about him trying to figure things out within himself, the girl probably won't be too present on that one. Hence the word "silence". It's going to all be going on in his mind, at least that's what I think.

That's my take, for what it's worth.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Dont know if this was posted, but I found this pretty interesting.  a lil break down from some random dood.

I think the white girl represents two things, "coke" obviusly, but also in his music on Thursday he talks about a girl a lot and this is what I gathered.

Lonely Star: Meets girl
Life Of The Party: Girl kinda transitions into The Weeknds life style of drugs
Thursday: He shows the girl that "Thursday" is all he wants from here, he only wants to see her on the party day, shes nothing more.
The Zone: Hookup, kinda proves their whole relationship is drug related
Birds Part 1: Basically trying to tell the chick he ain't in it for love, don't get it twisted
Birds Part 2: She wants Weeknd to fall in love with her, shes trying to cling on
Gone: Seems like its Thursday again, and they're back at it, this time he shares
Rolling Stone: Weeknd starts to feel like maybe he does like the chick
Heaven or Las Vegas: At this point at the end, seems like Weeknd is caught in a delimma. He might want this girl, but it will either end up good (Heaven) or end up like every other girl to come along in his drug filled party life (Vegas).

So from gathering that, I feel like the girl on the cover represents the coke AND the actual girl he's !!ing with. On Wednesday she's irritable, waiting for Thursday. On Thursday she looks all good, because she knows she's going to be seeing the guy (Weeknd) and party with him. Friday she looks like a train wreck because she's hungover, and she's also depressed now because she realizes Thursday is over and she's back to being just another girl until next week rolls around again. From this I feel like Echos of Silence will roll in and be a really depressing kind of album, it's going to be the aftermath of Thursday. Weekend fighting with his dilemma of being with this girl, him coming down off of the drugs and realizing he may need to change, etc. Echos Of Silence imo is going to be more about him trying to figure things out within himself, the girl probably won't be too present on that one. Hence the word "silence". It's going to all be going on in his mind, at least that's what I think.

That's my take, for what it's worth.
pimp.gif
I'm with it.

edit:
btw anyone know if there has been mixes like this for any thursday tracks? The dubstep ones are cool n all but these are just
pimp.gif

well...y'all have convinced me...so i'll give it another chance even though i didn't have to do that w/ House of Balloons. i really WANT it to grow on me.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

This is the first time in history I catch myself trying to force myself to love something. 
I REALLY felt that way while listening to Watch the Throne. I'm honestly not sure if I'll spin it again.

Back
Top Bottom