The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
pimp.gif

After trying for 5 tickets @ 10 am this morning, I ended up with 2 @ 10:45.

There were 3 price tiers. $50. $91, $150.

So what's the message? The old Weeknd is dead?

Or the real Abel still here and he not gonna let himself get pimped out?

Is the old trans pimp the industry?

So what's the message? The old Weeknd is dead?

Or the real Abel still here and he not gonna let himself get pimped out?

Is the old trans pimp the industry?

Basically what i got out of it.

He was burying his old self but then when the "devil" or "industry" showed up to take him he was like eff that killed him and was rolling like his old self

Fam is burying the old weeknd in that video :frown:

Tell your friends is so ******* dope :smh:

Last edited:
id get the burying his "old self" if the track had a different theme, but dude is still with the savage lyrics.

seems like this might be a prelude to the hills. 

Will check video soon.

Listened to the album for the second time and Yall right. This album is way better. I even like Dark Times now lol.

But I hate Tell Your Friends. His songwriting regressed so badly on that. Someone find Rick Ross and give him that instrumental please.

I think he's saying the new/Earned it Weekend is done for. He made a deal with the devil, used the spotlight to gain new attention, then said **** the deal by killing the person he became as a result of the deal, then killed the devil. Now he's back. 
glasses.gif

Or maybe he never left. He just tricked the devil/industry. He never really went anywhere. The sound evolved. He's always been the ***** with the hair singing songs about popping pills ******* ******* and not misadventures with love. 
laugh.gif

I hope some of ya'll aint forcing yourselves to like it. The immediate slander it received was almost saddening

I think he's saying the new/Earned it Weekend is done for. He made a deal with the devil, used the spotlight to gain new attention, then said **** the deal by killing the person he became as a result of the deal, then killed the devil. Now he's back. 
glasses.gif
Hopefully, we don't have to wait another 2 years to find out
nerd.gif

Does anyone know how many albums his deal calls for? I believe I read somewhere that most deals entail 5 albums. This will be three so far, 5 if they count each tape from the trilogy separately. If those tweets about being rushed are an indicator of his relationship with the label, could be shaken. Do you all think he may go back to the indie lane and utilize the notoriety he gained from the deal? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
this presale is crazy, i couldnt even get tickets to pop up on the middle tier section. 

either limited tickets were released or 3rd party companys are buying them all up 

Arrived in the mail this morning. Mosaic artwork composed of the lyrics from ICFMF

Does anyone know how many albums his deal calls for? I believe I read somewhere that most deals entail 5 albums. This will be three so far, 5 if they count each tape from the trilogy separately. If those tweets about being rushed are an indicator of his relationship with the label, could be shaken. Do you all think he may go back to the indie lane and utilize the notoriety he gained from the deal? :nerd:  

giphy.gif

Some of yall need to get a grip, seriously.

Tell Your Friends video is A1.

It was speculative, of course, but what is it about my questions that seem out of touch with reality? 

Does anyone know how many albums his deal calls for? I believe I read somewhere that most deals entail 5 albums. This will be three so far, 5 if they count each tape from the trilogy separately. If those tweets about being rushed are an indicator of his relationship with the label, could be shaken. Do you all think he may go back to the indie lane and utilize the notoriety he gained from the deal? :nerd:  

Word? There's rumors of him being rushed? I can see it from the standpoint of Earned It being a bigger hit than probably everybody anticipated, and wanted to get something out, but, this guy would tweet out lyrics for songs that would come out a long way later. Feels like dude has a vault of stuff he could have compiled together for an album. Not really sure this guy would leave the label. At the end of the day, his label made him into a huge star. But who knows, maybe if those rumors are true.

Back
Top Bottom