The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
the hills vip sounds hella right doe. im mad as hell i wont be im the states during the tour.

i feel though he will def release new HOBish material Q1ish on the real tho

also made my own acquainted / gbit90s quick mix, I'll share if you want. Its nothin special doe

Last edited:
im still upset that seattle isn't on the tour list.....we were never skipped smh

he'll be here in 2 weeks for bumbershoot though :smokin

Finally listened last night and it's pretty much what i expected after reading his interviews and other people's reviews. He made a dark-pop album and i'm not even mad at that man, he's seeking longevity in this game, and i think w/ this direction, he'll definitely become a mainstay in the game. All a real ***** ask is if this is the new **** he is on, can he put out lil 3 song ep's from time to time for the OG fans and save the pop **** for the masses, word to Miguel.

Listened to this **** w/ my homegirls whom i've listened to every project of his w/ and they were legit let down. Past listening sessions resorted into some very good times, but this go around...nathaniel.
One of of em legit said, "My demonic angel is dead" :lol:

I'm the only one in my circle who enjoyed Kissland off the 1st listen, but this might have to grow on me...but i'm not about to listen to to this **** multiple times and force myself to like it tho , like most people eventually will. :lol:

Dude's voice has really improved, he has alot of control over his voice now. Acquainted is definitely my favorite song. Tell you friends is dope and if Ye is sitting on production like that, he needs to start letting joints fly. Wouldn't have even been mad at a Ye verse on that song, that type of beat is what he usually floats on. Angel got that movie ending credits rolling feel...:lol:

The live versions of some of these songs, will probably drastically improve the album for me. Gotta figure out a way to be able to cop tickets in the AM as i will be conducting a meeting at the time the citi pre sale starts.

I remember when Tell Your Friends clip first dropped, folks was bashing the production, someone on NT said it was a generic Paul McCartney beat or something 
laugh.gif
 how do those folks feel now that it's out?

I remember when Tell Your Friends clip first dropped, folks was bashing the production, someone on NT said it was a generic Paul McCartney beat or something :lol:  how do those folks feel now that it's out?

I didn't bash it but I was definitely wondering how that clip had yall hyped. The song is much better on the album doe. Fire

I REALLY WISH LANA WASN'T ON PRISONER. She's great don't get me wrong but if the track wasn't a feature I feel like it would be a potentially classic track

Come on, man. Weeknd's first verse wasn't great anyway and replacing Lana's verse with a second verse still wouldn't put it in the conversation with "The Hills," "High For This," "Gone," etc. Having said that, I like the song as it is.

Come on, man. Weeknd's first verse wasn't great anyway and replacing Lana's verse with a second verse still wouldn't put it in the conversation with "The Hills," "High For This," "Gone," etc. Having said that, I like the song as it is.
OK? Good for you man. It's just my opinion 
laugh.gif
 I happen to think his verse was great. What do we do now

An extra verse woulda been nice but Prisoner is classic Weeknd. Certified classic
laugh.gif
 on a serious note, talk to this dude about it. I don't think it's a classic but I do think it had the potential 
Actually, you were right, his verse is great.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but even a second Weeknd verse just wouldn't elevate it to classic for me.  I think if it was Lana Ft. Weeknd, it would be another feature that he killed and probably a classic for her catalog, but I just don't see it for Weeknd's catalog.  Doesn't feel dark enough for me like most classic Weeknd songs, but that's probably just me holding onto the past
mean.gif

EDIT:

Don't get me wrong, lyrically it's great, but it just doesn't feel classic.  Can't quite put my finger on why it doesn't give off that classic Weeknd vibe to me.

Last edited:
:lol:  on a serious note, talk to this dude about it. I don't think it's a classic but I do think it had the potential 

Actually, you were right, his verse is great.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but even a second Weeknd verse just wouldn't elevate it to classic for me.  I think if it was Lana Ft. Weeknd, it would be another feature that he killed and probably a classic for her catalog, but I just don't see it for Weeknd's catalog.  Doesn't feel dark enough for me like most classic Weeknd songs, but that's probably just me holding onto the past :smh: .

EDIT:

Don't get me wrong, lyrically it's great, but it just doesn't feel classic.  Can't quite put my finger on why it doesn't give off that classic Weeknd vibe to me.

Imo it could've fit perfectly on Kiss Land. Sonically it feels like some of his older tracks. Could be why I personally mess with it so heavily.

I'll always be there for youuuu,
I'll always be there for youuuu,
I'll always be there for you,
Girl I have no shameeee...

SHAME!

:pimp:

I just wish the guitar solo on this didn't go from great to meh as it progressed.

Trying to organize a group purchase for this presale tomorrow with a bunch of broke cats :smh:. Need to change my circles :lol:, but dem my bredren.

Back
Top Bottom