The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Birds Intro x this Hennessy x my home girl that came to visit = :smh:

No good will come of this. I'm trying to be on my best behavior. Then she sees my copy of Kissland and says "I love the Weeknd".

The Birds Intro x this Hennessy x my home girl that came to visit =
mean.gif

No good will come of this. I'm trying to be on my best behavior. Then she sees my copy of Kissland and says "I love the Weeknd".
happened to me the other night.... 

met up with a girl from OKC, brought her back to the loft... she saw i had his album art on my wall and professed her love for da gawd...

needless to say i put the music on and let it take us where it always does.
devil.gif

girl says shes a fan... its just a green light man

Last edited:
I know man.she bought the bottle over and the intent was just to catch up. It's unmistakable that she's trying to take it there. "You should play some of his stuff" "let's listen to the weeknd then". I'm literally restraining myself at this point. I have a good girl I want to try with. She deserves me chalking up this L.

I say this as we're about to play HoB :smh:

Last edited:
There's no video. I'm pretty sure what you're referring to is the teaser that cut a scene from The Zone's video with Valerie playing on top.

[quote Weekend henz0" url="/t/292179/the-weeknd-house-of-balloons-thursday-echoes-of-silence/11280#post_21984306"]The things that have taken place in my life as this mans music was playing left me no choice but to put him up there as my #1 artist of all time[/quote]Wow I've dead *** been thinking about something similar to this within the last week.

Just thought to myself that if I could only listen to one artist's music for the rest of my life who would I choose?

Chose Weeknd w/o batting an eyelash & this is saying something because I'm a huge Hip Hop/Rap fan.

The things that have taken place in my life as this mans music was playing left me no choice but to put him up there as my #1 artist of all time
Wow I've dead *** been thinking about something similar to this within the last week.

Just thought to myself that if I could only listen to one artist's music for the rest of my life who would I choose?

Chose Weeknd w/o batting an eyelash & this is saying something because I'm a huge Hip Hop/Rap fan.
no problem with this at all....

trilogy (1 album ) made my top 10 albums list "of all time" 

if you gave me two albums to listen to for the rest if my life I'd chose diplomatic immunity and house of balloons. no lie.

Ever since I've heard young gawd, if I'm listening to music (pretty much everyday) whether at the crib, cruising, chilling, a few of his songs must be played

My girl doesn't understand the XO life, nor do I want her to. I chose her because she was the opposite of all that.

With that being said....

The music, is definitely a negative for me personally. It's only temptation and memories of the XO life that I no longer lead.

I almost had to cut the music out as well but I couldn't bring myself to do so. Now I listen maybe 3-4 days a week compared to 7, on the days I'm not with her. On those days... the mind does begin to wander when the music hits

I've had the opposite affect with his music and my girl. We enjoy the music together. I put her onto the Weeknd. I was religiously bumping the young god when I met her. The life is foreign to her. She's a good girl. Ultimately his music reminds her of me, as she's stated to me. You can enjoy his music with your lady. She won't turn into a prostitute, I promise you lol. However at times it is difficult to listen without having flashbacks of things I did before I met her.

I've had the opposite affect with his music and my girl. We enjoy the music together. I put her onto the Weeknd. I was religiously bumping the young god when I met her. The life is foreign to her. She's a good girl. Ultimately his music reminds her of me, as she's stated to me. You can enjoy his music with your lady. She won't turn into a prostitute, I promise you lol. However at times it is difficult to listen without having flashbacks of things I did before I met her.
That's what's up bro...

I can tell you right now some girls will have nothing to do with the Gawd. I've dated a few girls who are absolutely disgusted by him 
laugh.gif
 and I'm OK with that with my current. My best friend's girl will have nothing to do with the music. It is what it is...

My current has figured out that I most likely led a devilish lifestyle before her and there lies the problem. I've accepted the fact that she won't vibe with me to the music, it's not so much that I think she'll start ***'in or somethin. More that I've  let go of my younger days and my current represents that change..

That's not to say I don't have itches man. The itches come on strong....

That's what's up bro...

I can tell you right now some girls will have nothing to do with the Gawd. I've dated a few girls who are absolutely disgusted by him 
laugh.gif
 and I'm OK with that with my current. My best friend's girl will have nothing to do with the music. It is what it is...

My current has figured out that I most likely led a devilish lifestyle before her and there lies the problem. I've accepted the fact that she won't vibe with me to the music, it's not so much that I think she'll start ***'in or somethin. More that I've  let go of my younger days and my current represents that change..

That's not to say I don't have itches man. The itches come on strong...
Yeah I mean not every chick is gonna be able to rock with it. As for the itches, I completely understand that. When you're high and tipsy and you play any tape from the trilogy it puts you in a certain mode. Especially when you around females trying to look good. Will power will be the only thing to stop you from taking a Dirty Diana up on her advances. Not to say it isn't extremely difficult. Probably one of the reasons why I stopped getting high and drinking so much. I can see somebody wanting to put that life aside and it's hard to rock with the Weeknd because to them it represents that side. Sort of like that little devil on your shoulder telling you just to **** her.

Last edited:
my girl doesn't care for his music either

think she liked Ross's song with him tho

I almost broke up with her over this

mad disrespectful b

If your chick don't like The Weeknd that's a violation. I remember I had this girl at my place while The Morning was playing and she was like "If I was still stripping I would dance to this" :pimp:

That's the difference between us lol. You bangin out strippers, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that's where we different

Back
Top Bottom