The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
dang, i though ricky hiL was black
laugh.gif
Lol hes tommy hilfigers son
aka the white Curren$y.

The video is straight outta left field, but I dig it.

And cosign on not being able to get into The Ride.

One of Those Nights >>>>> Crew Love >>>>> Remember You >>>>>> The Ride >>>>>> Gifted >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nomads

I feel like Abel's part on Nomads>>>> all the other songs. Ricky Hall just sucks and prevented it from being a classic. In general Abel needs to start collaborating with better artists.

Man a lot of his features are terrible :lol:

Crew Love is just about the only one that I can listen to. Maybe One of those Nights.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the album but I've been underwhelmed from the little that I've heard so far. Still gonna cop doe.

I should've took a pic of the back, but the album description read like a prescription label for narcotics. Based on the album art lone I'd say he was most likely inspired.

Pretty interesting. The Weeknd was apparently spending time with Kanye West when he was in Paris in this new KW profile piece/interview:

As usual, there are several collaborators, friends, and minions milling around his living room studio, including the producer No I.D. and the Canadian rapper the Weeknd. When West is at the microphone, alternately freestyle rapping and bouncing up and down, it’s clear why his bona fides are unquestioned, at least in the realm of music. He blasts a new track at top volume, and its wailing Deep Purple–esque guitar riffs have the Weeknd holding his head in disbelief. “That **** is awesome,” the Weeknd says. “Just ******g reckless. A lot of people who hate you are just going to hate you so much more.” West says he wants the record—whose title, Yeezus, is a mashup of “Jesus” and West’s nickname, Yeezy—to be like a “one-man gangbang.” He plays one intensely dark, primal track that he worked on with the French electro duo Daft Punk: the defiant anthem “I Am a God,” which he debuted live at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala in New York in May.

They call him a rapper :rolleyes

http://www.wmagazine.com/people/cel...t-on-kim-kardashian-and-his-new-album-yeezus/

I think a Drake and Weeknd beef is a good thing. The Weeknd could absolutely murk Drake on a track if he had to.

Still not gonna put Abel on his retail album? Partynextdoor is cool but he ain't no ******g weeknd lol
Not even close
laugh.gif

Hope Weeknd and Drake get back in the studio.  Weeknd has been killing features, but, let's be honest, once his part is over the tracks become unbearable
mean.gif

Pretty sure Aubrey already mentioned that they weren't feuding like people speculated.

After being tied up in that whole Chris Brown foolishness, I doubt that Aubrey wanted his name caught up in any more petty negativity. So even if the blood was bad, he obviously wouldn't tell. It's like a Wale/Tiara Thomas situation, where Wale and Drake got burned by the act they were pushing. All they can really do is wish them well.

That said, Drake and his camp definitely weren't happy with Abel not becoming a part of OVO Sound. "Feuding" or "beefing"? I highly doubt it. It just probably felt to Drake that he wasn't receiving any appreciation for all that he did for Abel. Time has passed and they were most likely just willing to let it go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom