The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hes a classic example of internet popularity not equating to record sale popularity.. then again i thought the same about kendrick and my man went and damn near sold 250k first week

Thats not true
1 sku number = 1 stocked item sold
1 album sold with 3 discs = 3 discs sold
The RIAA counts discs
Soundscan counts skus.
The RIAA crowns platinum certifications not soundscan.
I stand corrected. Speakerboxxx/Love Below is indeed a prime example of this. Blueprint 2 as well.

Proceed.

With that in mind: Predicting gold before the end of the year.

Platinum by next year, around the supposed post-album tour jumpin' off February to November.

anything more than 120k i will be shocked

but who cares he still would have dropped the best R&B project 2 years in a row :pimp:

I'm in the boat with the people saying he won't go plat, even with the 3disc..

ALOT of people still dont know who he is or definitely haven't listened to most of his music aside from featured tracks
Yeah. He also remains lowkey as hell...no interviews, barely any promotion or marketing. He pretty much just does his tour and that's it. Won't go plat, at least not right away...he'll be straight though.
smokin.gif

Mane I really hope him and the Rose guy get back cool. The vibe of HOB was just on some other ****.

He still has the presence on his later work but its becoming more centered than that left field **** on HOB
I agree as well
WORD.

I'm in the boat with the people saying he won't go plat, even with the 3disc..

ALOT of people still dont know who he is or definitely haven't listened to most of his music aside from featured tracks

Yeah. He also remains lowkey as hell...no interviews, barely any promotion or marketing. He pretty much just does his tour and that's it. Won't go plat, at least not right away...he'll be straight though. :smokin
He's got Drake co-signing him. He toured with Florence and the Machine and sang with Lady Gaga. Platinum is possible, especially if he gets the teenage-girl demographic to catch on.

At least, he deserves to go plat. Never know what sales will look like these days :\

Twenty-Eight sounds great...as expected.

This release is going to single handily keep me single for another year :lol:

That link isn't working for me so I had to check on youtube. Is this actually his voice, or did someone on youtube play with it? If so I'm not feeling it at all. Sounds a lot higher and squeakier

Last edited:
That link isn't working for me so I had to check on youtube. Is this actually his voice, or did someone on youtube play with it? If so I'm not feeling it at all. Sounds a lot higher and squeakier

its a radio rip so his voice may be slightly off. album will sound better tho.

as for the song itself.. :x :smh: is this real life? i can't stop playing this ****...

Last edited:
i didnt listen but people on youtube often speed up songs slightly (raising the pitch) so the copyright filters or whatever dont catch the ****... thats probably the case here

Heard Wicked Games on the radio for the first time today. I was hype as hell like I hadn't played the song fiftylem'n times in the past year :lol:

Back
Top Bottom