The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nah, IFIC way better than Starboy. I see cats in the Grammy thread saying the performance was whack.

He's a superstar, that's not a debate. You guys really think he's a household name right now though?

Multiple 50+ year old women at my office not only know who he is, but were looking forward to his performance.

I remember going to see him at the hollywood bowl just 2 years ago and the 20-somethings at my job had no idea who he was. And he had already kinda blew up :lol:

-edit-

Goddammit, thought I was in the Grammy thread

Last edited:
Performance was just ok, I had really high expectations though, at least a I feel it coming medley like he did on Fallon which would have given Daft Punk more time to do their thing

Last edited:
I think so too, I Feel It Coming got a Justin Timberlake type pop vibe (of course in that MJ vein). I wonder if it'll take off but so far, as much as I hear it on the radio, I don't think it's made it to that next level

idk

Last edited:
What song that isn't from Staryboy are you hoping to see him perform at the tour?

For me, I'm hoping for at least one thing from Kiss Land (but doubt that's gonna happen). 

Last tour, I was SO happy when he did DD. Wasn't expecting that. 

I Feel It Coming was a good way to end the album, so I associate it as a song he closes with. He used it for the ending credits for Mania so maybe that's why

Last edited:
The Weeknd ain't got the dance moves like Bruno, he also don't play instruments like Bruno.

Didn't particularly like the camera work yesterday, or the stage/production for that matter. 

It was just alright. 

If he don't drop a music video tomorrow for Valentines day ft Daft Punk, his team is fail. 

Bruno is a better/more rounded performer than The Weeknd but he's not the same level as songwriter.

That's why Bruno has been doing Super Bowls and why he killed the Grammy's last night.

Weeknd will continue to make better songs than him but he couldn't put on a show like that.

They different

Weeknd aint gonna go out there and have that stage presence, that's not what makes him

Can't compare the two in that manner

It's all about the actual music for me, both are great and both are completely different styles

Last edited:
We talking about the weeknd, as nuch as he changed hes still that shy reserved person that didn't like cameras. Hes doing all of this for the money, but theres only so much he can physically do. He will never be a performer like bruno

Bruno is a showman. Abel is not.

2 completely different styles, songwriting, production, target audiences, etc.

Both are great though.

Last edited:
When does his H and M collection come out?

I actually liked a few hoodies he posted on his IG

Edit: I see March 2. I want the hoodie he wore at the Grammy's... anyone know if that will be H and M? One with the white crosses on each sleeve

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom