Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

Originally Posted by ErickM713

GAWD DAMN, Dude got the #$$# beat outta him for layin hands on his woman
laugh.gif
roll.gif
dude was tight..
my son is gonna go on a rampage killing all the black zombies with one hand and all

I'm mad, I could see him talking %%!# to black zombies.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i'd believe it.
eek.gif
at it being the dude from boondock saints. sat there thinking the entire eps where i know him from.
30t6p3b.gif
at the wife, getting piped by both her husband and her husband's best friend all while staying in a refugee camp.

here is where i think the show does a great job of character development.

so lori is all sorts of mad at shane with good reason...shane told her that rick was dead, hence why she prolly feels betrayed and used especially considering he slid inside her raw. HOWEVER, considering how the hospital was overrun, what if the wife NEEDED to be convinced to leave her home and the only way to do that was for shane to assume that rick was in fact dead and tell her that?
nerd.gif

its just food for thought, it really remains to be seen how this all develops. for all i know maybe shane IS a complete ahole and lied to her face w/o a good reason. what do you guys think?

see... someone else gets it!
you guys are making her to be the real bad guy, she was told that her husband was dead, she wasn't all like "oh yeah, i'll leave my defenseless husband lying in a coma in a hospital filled with those things, and while he's there prolly dying i'll go on and poke his best friend."
indifferent.gif

c'mon, i for one feel bad for her, guess it's just me.
wish i could post some more spoilers for ya'll, but seems like the show is really heading towards another direction, so much so, that even I don't know what's gonna happen next, it's kinda exciting not knowing.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
dude was tight..
my son is gonna go on a rampage killing all the black zombies with one hand and all

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i'd believe it.
eek.gif
at it being the dude from boondock saints. sat there thinking the entire eps where i know him from.
30t6p3b.gif
at the wife, getting piped by both her husband and her husband's best friend all while staying in a refugee camp.

so lori is all sorts of mad at shane with good reason...shane told her that rick was dead, hence why she prolly feels betrayed and used especially considering he slid inside her raw. HOWEVER, considering how the hospital was overrun, what if the wife NEEDED to be convinced to leave her home and the only way to do that was for shane to assume that rick was in fact dead and tell her that?
nerd.gif

its just food for thought, it really remains to be seen how this all develops. for all i know maybe shane IS a complete ahole and lied to her face w/o a good reason. what do you guys think?

you guys are making her to be the real bad guy, she was told that her husband was dead, she wasn't all like "oh yeah, i'll leave my defenseless husband lying in a coma in a hospital filled with those things, and while he's there prolly dying i'll go on and poke his best friend."
indifferent.gif

wish i could post some more spoilers for ya'll, but seems like the show is really heading towards another direction, so much so, that even I don't know what's gonna happen next, it's kinda exciting not knowing.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

laugh.gif
roll.gif
dude was tight..

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i'd believe it.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

ol captain save a heau jk. Even if she was "deceived" she had sex with Shane SHORTLY after her husband "died". Plus im pretty sure she was messing with Shane before Rick got shot.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
dude was tight..

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i'd believe it.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

ol captain save a heau jk. Even if she was "deceived" she had sex with Shane SHORTLY after her husband "died". Plus im pretty sure she was messing with Shane before Rick got shot.

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane

laugh.gif
roll.gif
dude was tight..

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i'd believe it.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

exactly. It seemed like in the first episode when they were in the car talking Shane wanted to know how Rick's relationship with Lori was. I think he was getting tips. Then the very first time it shows Shane & Lori at camp when she storms off, he follows her to calm her down, something Rick never would have done. Shane already knew what made Lori tick.
And I'm sorry but it is hard to defend Lori. Even if Shane had to convince her that Rick was dead so they could leave for Atlanta, she still let him beat. She had no problem taking her necklace off (that had Rick's wedding ring on it) to get the D. Plus from the way it unfolded, I guarantee that was not the first time her and Shane got busy.

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane

laugh.gif
roll.gif
dude was tight..

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i'd believe it.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

exactly. It seemed like in the first episode when they were in the car talking Shane wanted to know how Rick's relationship with Lori was. I think he was getting tips. Then the very first time it shows Shane & Lori at camp when she storms off, he follows her to calm her down, something Rick never would have done. Shane already knew what made Lori tick.
And I'm sorry but it is hard to defend Lori. Even if Shane had to convince her that Rick was dead so they could leave for Atlanta, she still let him beat. She had no problem taking her necklace off (that had Rick's wedding ring on it) to get the D. Plus from the way it unfolded, I guarantee that was not the first time her and Shane got busy.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
dude was tight..

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i'd believe it.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

If this is the case... then it's Shane's fault.  If he knew Rick was alive, then he wouldn't of poked Lori, and it's not Lori's fault.  But then again... she did let him poker her 
ohwell.gif
  CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT EPISODE!!

laugh.gif
roll.gif
dude was tight..

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i'd believe it.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

If this is the case... then it's Shane's fault.  If he knew Rick was alive, then he wouldn't of poked Lori, and it's not Lori's fault.  But then again... she did let him poker her 
ohwell.gif
  CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT EPISODE!!

Two things about this show so far...

One: I really like the character development in this show, like sreggie101 said. I noticed the epitomes of the good cop bad cop characters in this show; Rick being the good cop, Shane being the bad cop. I have a feeling this is going to play on into season 2 (I heard season 1 is 6 episodes?).

Two: I had two favorite scenes in today's episode. Without a doubt, the first scene with the guy handcuffed talking to himself was great; it was a great intro to the whole episode. My other favorite scene is when Rick was sitting around the campfire trying to describe his experience. He can only say "exhausted," (regarding his whole experience in Atlanta). The old mechanic guy says something like "words can be so meager..." Then Rick says he feels shame (for leaving the guy handcuffed), and the same old mechanic guy repeats and says "there goes it again... words being meager" and then the camera points to Shane and he looks at Rick when he says that. Great example of how words can be meager and strong: "exhausted" and "shame," and I really like how they incorporated the scene with Shane's guilt. That's why I think he didn't know that Rick was alive when he told Lori. He didn't know if Rick was alive, he assumed he was dead, and proceeded to poke Lori.
Edit: Think about the title of this episode... "Tell It to the Frogs"

Two things about this show so far...

One: I really like the character development in this show, like sreggie101 said. I noticed the epitomes of the good cop bad cop characters in this show; Rick being the good cop, Shane being the bad cop. I have a feeling this is going to play on into season 2 (I heard season 1 is 6 episodes?).

Two: I had two favorite scenes in today's episode. Without a doubt, the first scene with the guy handcuffed talking to himself was great; it was a great intro to the whole episode. My other favorite scene is when Rick was sitting around the campfire trying to describe his experience. He can only say "exhausted," (regarding his whole experience in Atlanta). The old mechanic guy says something like "words can be so meager..." Then Rick says he feels shame (for leaving the guy handcuffed), and the same old mechanic guy repeats and says "there goes it again... words being meager" and then the camera points to Shane and he looks at Rick when he says that. Great example of how words can be meager and strong: "exhausted" and "shame," and I really like how they incorporated the scene with Shane's guilt. That's why I think he didn't know that Rick was alive when he told Lori. He didn't know if Rick was alive, he assumed he was dead, and proceeded to poke Lori.
Edit: Think about the title of this episode... "Tell It to the Frogs"

Originally Posted by DubA169

AMC is the best network on television

point blank
Nah son u sleeping on HBO and FX. I will give it to you that this is a good show and I've heard good things about breaking bad and Mad Men but when u stack these 3 shows against HBOs long list of Classics (Oz, The Wire, Sopranos, Entourage, Sex in the City, Six feet under, hell even Big Love has a decent buzz and I personally think Carnivale was too short lived) its hard to compare. and FX does their thing with TV Sons of Anarchy alone would keep me watching that network (although I loved the Riches, and Nip Tuck).....
AMC is on the way up tho....
wink.gif

AMC is the best network on television

point blank
Nah son u sleeping on HBO and FX. I will give it to you that this is a good show and I've heard good things about breaking bad and Mad Men but when u stack these 3 shows against HBOs long list of Classics (Oz, The Wire, Sopranos, Entourage, Sex in the City, Six feet under, hell even Big Love has a decent buzz and I personally think Carnivale was too short lived) its hard to compare. and FX does their thing with TV Sons of Anarchy alone would keep me watching that network (although I loved the Riches, and Nip Tuck).....
AMC is on the way up tho....
wink.gif

oh i agree with you prince. HBO is the pinnacle of television. but i'm talking about currently. i am beyond impressed with what AMC has done with minimal cursing and no nudity

the wire and the first 3 seasons of the sopranos, curb your enthusiasm >>> everything

but mad men and breaking bad> entourage and sex in the city, in treatment, rome, oz

six feet under i hear is amazing and i have been putting it off because i hear it's very depressing. i love big love but breaking bad is a tad bit better

oh i agree with you prince. HBO is the pinnacle of television. but i'm talking about currently. i am beyond impressed with what AMC has done with minimal cursing and no nudity

the wire and the first 3 seasons of the sopranos, curb your enthusiasm >>> everything

but mad men and breaking bad> entourage and sex in the city, in treatment, rome, oz

six feet under i hear is amazing and i have been putting it off because i hear it's very depressing. i love big love but breaking bad is a tad bit better

fx is just the league and always sunny, hate their dramas

Sons of Anarchy is up there ( though this season has been sort of a let down. Season 1 & 2 were piff)

fx is just the league and always sunny, hate their dramas

Sons of Anarchy is up there ( though this season has been sort of a let down. Season 1 & 2 were piff)

I absolutely love this show- too bad it's only 6 episodes.

I'm about to get the hc books now... LOL

Back
Top Bottom