THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

AMC is reporting that the premiere got 5.3 million viewers.

For comparison, the season finale of Mad Men got 2.44 million.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

The scene where they kept going back and forth between the dude trying to kill his zombie wife and Rick looking for and killing the crawling zombie was great.
pimp.gif

I'm going to have look into getting the Walking Dead comics.

For anyone who's read them how are they and how many are there?

there's a lot lol but you can prolly skim through each comic in about 3 minutes

the comics strays away from the zombie survival genre much later on in the comics and zombies become only one part of the 'drama'
the survivors has to go through larger obstacles, as zombies are not that much of a threat as they were used to be...
i dont know if im making sense. Those that read the comics will understand what im talking about

Originally Posted by toine2983

The scene where they kept going back and forth between the dude trying to kill his zombie wife and Rick looking for and killing the crawling zombie was great.
pimp.gif

I'm going to have look into getting the Walking Dead comics.

For anyone who's read them how are they and how many are there?

the comics strays away from the zombie survival genre much later on in the comics and zombies become only one part of the 'drama'
the survivors has to go through larger obstacles, as zombies are not that much of a threat as they were used to be...
i dont know if im making sense. Those that read the comics will understand what im talking about

They were promoting the HECK out of the Walking Dead at the Long Beach Comic Con which is why I went.

I got THE WALKING DEAD #78 PHOTO Variant Comic with my 3 day pass, and I sold it on ebay right away to someone who said they were on the cover of the comic book. But on Sunday they had so many left over that they were just giving them out, and I got one of them signed by ALANI KING (The black kid that hits the dude in the head with a shovel), and STEVEN YEUN (Asian guy).

393066416.jpg

393041636.jpg

I also saw some Niketalkers there

393066188.jpg

LOL JK!!!
or am I JK???.............................

393066298.jpg

393066306.jpg

393066352.jpg

BREAKDANCING BOBA FETT HAD WILDSTYLE SKILLS
393066417.jpg

THEY WERE CHARGING $45 FOR AN AUTOGRAPH FROM STAN LEE!!!!!
393066269.jpg

393066268.jpg

They were promoting the HECK out of the Walking Dead at the Long Beach Comic Con which is why I went.

I got THE WALKING DEAD #78 PHOTO Variant Comic with my 3 day pass, and I sold it on ebay right away to someone who said they were on the cover of the comic book. But on Sunday they had so many left over that they were just giving them out, and I got one of them signed by ALANI KING (The black kid that hits the dude in the head with a shovel), and STEVEN YEUN (Asian guy).

393066416.jpg

393041636.jpg

I also saw some Niketalkers there

393066188.jpg

LOL JK!!!
or am I JK???.............................

393066298.jpg

393066306.jpg

393066352.jpg

BREAKDANCING BOBA FETT HAD WILDSTYLE SKILLS
393066417.jpg

THEY WERE CHARGING $45 FOR AN AUTOGRAPH FROM STAN LEE!!!!!
393066269.jpg

393066268.jpg

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Dope show. I love zombies to begin with but this seems like it's gonna be on a whole nother level. Was there any significance to Rick going back and shooting the crawling zombie?
other than putting it out of its misery, nope.
I think one of the themes of the show might be that zombies are more than simply monsters. They are actually people (or were once people) afflicted with a horrifying disease. So while they are certainly a threat to humanity, they are also to be pitied and as you said 'put out of their misery'. That's why the sheriff's deputy killed the clumsy cop on the force. He said something like 'I can't just leave him like this.'

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Dope show. I love zombies to begin with but this seems like it's gonna be on a whole nother level. Was there any significance to Rick going back and shooting the crawling zombie?
other than putting it out of its misery, nope.
I think one of the themes of the show might be that zombies are more than simply monsters. They are actually people (or were once people) afflicted with a horrifying disease. So while they are certainly a threat to humanity, they are also to be pitied and as you said 'put out of their misery'. That's why the sheriff's deputy killed the clumsy cop on the force. He said something like 'I can't just leave him like this.'

By the way, if you didn't know, if you die of anything at all in the Walking Deadverse you come back as a zombie even if you were never bitten.

By the way, if you didn't know, if you die of anything at all in the Walking Deadverse you come back as a zombie even if you were never bitten.

I did not know that. Hopefully the sheriff (I'll get the characters names down eventually) gets to re-kill the hillbillies that put him in the coma.

I did not know that. Hopefully the sheriff (I'll get the characters names down eventually) gets to re-kill the hillbillies that put him in the coma.

Originally Posted by jehims

Pretty much. It is essentially a heavy character driven narrative about a catastrophic event that changes the lives of the survivors. It focuses heavy on human interaction/relationships and how terrible events change people for the worse. It just so happens that the catastrophic event was a widespread zombie infection.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

The "hillbillies" all ended up dying and this was before the infection. The outbreak happened sometime during Rick's coma. There really is no definitive point as of yet but Robert Kirkman has stated numerous times he didn't plan on revealing the cause of the outbreak.

Originally Posted by jehims

Pretty much. It is essentially a heavy character driven narrative about a catastrophic event that changes the lives of the survivors. It focuses heavy on human interaction/relationships and how terrible events change people for the worse. It just so happens that the catastrophic event was a widespread zombie infection.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

The "hillbillies" all ended up dying and this was before the infection. The outbreak happened sometime during Rick's coma. There really is no definitive point as of yet but Robert Kirkman has stated numerous times he didn't plan on revealing the cause of the outbreak.

i never read the comics but i was hyped for the premiere because so many people spoke highly of it.
first episode was decent, typical zombie-movie stuff.  i don't know, i was expecting more from it like frantic, super bloody zombie action scenes.

i guess the first episode should be slow-paced to introduce everything.  don't know if that'll be the tone for the whole series.  

Back
Top Bottom