The Walking Dead - Official Thread

I'm reading reviews of the finale and season 3 in general and I'm wondering if these critics are watching the same show as us. >D

Anyway, they should have killed the Governor off this season. It just makes no sense to keep him around. His cronies are all dead except for two (who will probably turn on him if anything) and Woodbury is no more and the dude just disappears? I was shocked that he didn't turn that truck around. That wasn't even close to being a war either. But I shouldn't expect anything more at this point, really. I just dread the 16 episodes next season when I use to think that would have been exciting. In the back of mind I'm thinking, "Man, how long are they gonna drag this season?" especially more so knowing the Governor is still alive. I have some hope considering the new showrunner but I know that this show will probably remain the same.

Definitely not gonna help that the finale last night had record viewership. :smh:

Here's the one saving grace. Yeah, AMC screwed them over with the bait and switch. They outbid NBC, so they got everyone on board, thinking they'd get the money they wanted and be allowed to be as dark and gory as they wanted. Then AMC said psych, slashed the budget and told them they can have 1 or 2 sets a season and that's it.

But they were right to fire Darabont...he couldn't make it work with the smaller budget, and Mazzarra saved season 2 with those last few eps.

And they were right to fire Mazzara, because that run from Lori dying to rescuing Maggie and Glen was great. Better than anything else this show has done. But it all fell apart down the stretch in the 2nd half.

And the guy they gave the job to, Scott Gimple? He wrote the Morgan ep + the Merle guns blazing ep. So basically the 2 of the 3 best episodes of the 2nd half.

And he wrote the ghost Lori calling/Michonne running from Woodbury ep, which was the best of the first half after Lori dying to me. Plus he wrote the ep where Shane leaves Otis for dead in season 2. One of the few bright spots early on.

So that to me makes me think...maybe they know the show isn't what it should be, and this has just been growing pains?

Apparently they spent $1.5M building the prison, so they kinda had to get more than a season out of it.

Or maybe this is like the Knicks, where every year, we would just keep saying next year. :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
I actually enjoyed the last episode. One of the rare times they do a decent job pacing the story - and following more than one character/story + having them come together at the end. That kill or die - or die and kill line was great.

They REALLY need to pick the pacing up next season though. Something major needs to happen every episode. It needs to end with some sort of cliff hanger. Isn't this basic writing stuff? They have good characters and an awesome setting/concept to work with - it should NEVER drag.

Also, just in terms of expectations: You can't advertise a "war" - hint at a big Rick v. Governor face off + call the season "Eye for an Eye" AND hype up how many people die in the final episode and follow that up with no actual war. That's craziness. Carl's the only one that killed someone and now everyone's scared of him for it. The Governor's story isn't even wrapped up. We know he's going to come back but is he really worth another season of attention? Without an army, he's just a crazy dude with a couple of weapons. I guess there aren't too many potential villains since they're stuck at the prison and the walkers are just a nuisance at this point but the story has to be leading somewhere.

Yeah...no to all of that. :lol:

Do you have any idea how bad NBC is doing? For the first time ever, one of the 4 major networks finished #5 in sweeps. Univision beat them for the month of February. It got so bad, in Cleveland, the local channel just said bunk that to NBC and played a rerun of a Matlock movie, from 20 years ago, instead of the new Thursday comedies, and got the same ratings.

Lemme put it another way. Revolution and The Voice are the most watched shows on NBC. Their next biggest show, Law and Order: SVU, right now gets the same ratings as the first season of TWD did on cable. Revolution is brand new and The Voice just got big, so last year The Walking Dead, with those exact same ratings, would've been their highest rated show on NBC.

Trust me, NBC never ever would've cancelled TWD if they made it.

It would've been the face of the channel and gotten a blank check.

Who cares if NBC would have got it? If they did it would have been horrible on there. No way they would let some of the stuff fly on there... No blood and gore. It would have been horrible on NBC. Now on HBO it would have been awesome. But why HBO wanted to tone down some of the violence is beyond me. They missed out on Spartacus for the same reason, you think they would have learned their lesson.

Have you seen The Following? And that's on at 9.

There would've been blood and gore, just not as much of the extreme stuff. I'm just saying, so far, I would take less gore for a show that wasn't so cheap, had a better cast, better writing and better directing.

They could show just about everything they did on AMC at 10 on network, except for stuff like probably that kid zombie getting shot, maybe the crawling zombie torso and when they zoom in on heads smashing and closeup kills.

But yeah, everyone except AMC wishes HBO would've made this.

Last edited:
Did anybody catch when the Governor was in the prison and he picked up the that bible? It had a section highlighted in it, supposedly left as a message. WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GET A HIGHLIGHTER DURING THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE??!! Telling me Rick was like, "Hole up a min ya'll, I gotta make a run to Office Max real quick." eff outta here!

Did anybody catch when the Governor was in the prison and he picked up the that bible? It had a section highlighted in it, supposedly left as a message. WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GET A HIGHLIGHTER DURING THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE??!! Telling me Rick was like, "Hole up a min ya'll, I gotta make a run to Office Max real quick." eff outta here!
roll.gif

You ain't lyin... Would have been better if they wrote the chapter and section in blood then the bible underneath it. That would be too gangster for the weak *** writers to think of that though!

You ain't lyin... Would have been better if they wrote the chapter and section in blood then the bible underneath it. That would be too gangster for the weak *** writers to think of that though!
Ain't nobody in Rick's group a gangster(excluding Darryl).

Did you see Carol's/Beth's weak ... machete swing/crowbar stab?

You can clearly see that they had to edit the .... outta that .... to make it seem like they did any type of damage to those walkers.

Given that, those are as cool as the minor characters in Rick's group are going to get.

IMO

Last edited:
They should have done away with Carol instead of Andrea....the hell is the point of having Carol!?

They should have done away with Carol instead of Andrea....the hell is the point of having Carol!?
They made a big deal out of Carol being lost and tdog dying to save her.

Given that, I can she her lasting for several seasons.

That's ridiculous, her character is boring, one dimensional, she literally brings nothing to the table...Andrea would have been a great asset and from what I hear in the comics she lasts longer....they seriously offed two of the best survivalists in one season Merle and Her, and kept two useless characters Carol and Beth...the hell?

That's ridiculous, her character is boring, one dimensional, she literally brings nothing to the table...Andrea would have been a great asset and from what I hear in the comics she lasts longer....they seriously offed two of the best survivalists in one season Merle and Her, and kept two useless characters Carol and Beth...the hell?
IDK man, that's another reason why I'm not watching when it airs.
Comic book Andrea is actually cool and VERY useful.

In the comics, it seems that every minor character serves some purpose that benefits the group.

While in the show, the minor character is just there to say some line that any major character such as Rick should be saying. Such as Carol's "you need to pick a side" to Merle. Darryl could have easily said that to Merle.

They've strayed so far away from the comics. Wish they would have in season 2 and kept Shane alive.

They need to give this show the Spider-Man treatment. End it next season, reboot 2-3 years later.

Last edited:
Well someone has to take care of the baby :lol:

how about her father and brother, never seen a more disconnected sibling and dad, like ive seen 0 interaction between them and the baby, its always carol and beth...the deeper i look into it, the more crap i notice :lol:

how about her father and brother, never seen a more disconnected sibling and dad, like ive seen 0 interaction between them and the baby, its always carol and beth...the deeper i look into it, the more crap i notice :lol:

:rofl:
great observation! lol

they just need to leave the governor alone. that story has been beaten. what is he gonna do with two henchman. how they gonna feed all those folks that they brought back. this is getting rediculous.

I've never understood this logic.  I've heard people ask stuff like "how do they shave?", "how do they brush their teeth?" and so on....

All of those items didn't up and disappear because zombies showed up.  
laugh.gif

They're in a prison.  Prisons have offices (worked in one for 3 years).  Offices have highlighters (I had many).  It really isn't that far of a stretch when you stop and think about it.  

they just need to leave the governor alone. that story has been beaten. what is he gonna do with two henchman. how they gonna feed all those folks that they brought back. this is getting rediculous.

i just dont understand why the hell not have an actual war at the prison, bloodfest, few casualties on Rick's group, probably Carol, Beth and i seriously thought Glenn would get the boot, then have either carl, michonne or Rick finish off the governor in the most gruesome of ways, probably Carl since now they are making his character darker, that would have been perfect....then have Andrea escape with Tyrese and head back to the prison....season over.

That's not the only inconsistency my friend.  All of their hair is nice, clothes don't look too ragged.  Andrea's feet were clean as f too just some little dust but over all pretty clean for someone that has been through the ringer with trying to run away and being caught.  Of course she could've had her shoes taken I didn't see that but I'm just trying to throw these inconsistencies out there.

Back
Top Bottom