The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

No Wilshere vs. Bayern. In Dubai getting treatment on his ankle...or just on a bender. Either/or.

No Wilshere vs. Bayern. In Dubai getting treatment on his ankle...or just on a bender. Either/or.

Heard it might be an ankle liagment issue. Gibbs is back. Szcz will be on the bench apparently. I think Rosicky will be starting. Podolski also has an ankle issue, [nothing serious, just annoying]. Ribery is out. A lot of people are happy about that, but he'll just be replace by Robben :x :smh:
Gomez might be out.

Is "African Neymar" any better than Gervihno? :lol:

:lol: looks like he is. But then again Gervinho looks pretty good from his youtube clips.

I thought the marten was cute, I want one :lol:

Barca also have this boy from Japan, Takefusa Kubo

I remember looking for vids of Julian Green, Fabian Hurzeler and Gedion Zelalem , but couldn't find anything

Here are some some US players that are in Europe, that I look forward to see develop
Joseph Gyau- TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
Junior Flores-BVB
Terrence Boyd- Rapid Wien
Josh Gatt-Molde
John Anthony Brooks-Hertha BSC
Cody Cooper-Southampton
Piakai Henkel-PSG
Romain Gall-Lorient
-I believe they are the first Americans to have join French youth academies
Liverpool has about 2-3 American players in their academy, really don't know much about them

Last edited:
Austin Berry and Jalil Anibaba, will be great i can feel it, its only 1 game but i really liked what i saw from Andrew Farrell on saturday. finally something new for the terrible USA defense, as well as 2 solid looking keepers in Sean Johnson and Bill Hamid

No Boateng, Ribery and Schweinsteiger...I start to have a bit of hope and then I read....

"Samuel ‏@samuelj29060
Mirror: Sagna, Podolski, Wilshere out. Gibbs to have test. Fabianski starts, Szczesny dropped. Monreal ineligible - http://bit.ly/16mZGyt "

FUUUUUUUKKKKKKK!!!! :smh: :smh: :smh:

Doesn't that just mean Robben, Gustavo, Badstuber instead.

Ummm yes? Not saying Bayern doesn't have a stupid strong squad but having some first team players out always helps with the mountain we have to climb. Unfortunately we have some key players out aswell but we dont have anywhere close to the quality depth Bayern have.

I know this isnt going to be popular option but I'd go for broke and play Arshavin. Yes he's past it but there could just be a few ounces of magic left in him. I mean what do we have to lose? This could very well be our last CL tie for some time so might as well either mount the almost impossible comeback or crash and burn in glorious fashion. :lol:

Wasn't a shot, man. I actually admire Arsenal's strict wage structure and profitability. For all the jokes against Wenger, he's elite at discovering and developing young talent.

Wasn't a shot, man. I actually admire Arsenal's strict wage structure and profitability. For all the jokes against Wenger, he's elite at discovering and developing young talent.

No worries man, I thought you felt I was saying it'd be light work since those 3 were out. Bayern have conceded what 10 goals in the league all year? We have two horrible finishers in Giroud and Gervias (again I wont call him by his fake Brazilian name any longer) who will likely start and we need to put 3 past them without conceding all while Fabianski makes his first start of the season in goal away at the Allianz Arena? :lol: We're going to get punished if I'm honest..

Last edited:
so players going to Dubai for medical treatment? don't want to toot the 'ol 'Merica horn but always figured that coming to America was easier and better, especially for Wilshere being in England that's like a 2 hour flight.

also one of my client's kids in the academy/reserves for Nurnberg. older one is prolly 16-18 and younger one is about 14. story is the club was doing scouting and saw the 16yr old, 15 at the time. offered him a 5 month tryout, did fine then got got a contract. that was a year ago. now recently I did his parents taxes, they tell me the club said "Eff it let's get lil bro too" and they did. just like Chelsea with the Hazards. both love germany. Mexican and already decided to choose Mexico if their dreams come true.

so players going to Dubai for medical treatment? don't want to toot the 'ol 'Merica horn but always figured that coming to America was easier and better, especially for Wilshere being in England that's like a 2 hour flight.

also one of my client's kids in the academy/reserves for Nurnberg. older one is prolly 16-18 and younger one is about 14. story is the club was doing scouting and saw the 16yr old, 15 at the time. offered him a 5 month tryout, did fine then got got a contract. that was a year ago. now recently I did his parents taxes, they tell me the club said "Eff it let's get lil bro too" and they did. just like Chelsea with the Hazards. both love germany. Mexican and already decided to choose Mexico if their dreams come true.

Last names

:lol: @ Barcelona claiming Arsenal "stole" Fabregas from them.

Exactly what Japanese people grow up in Spain? :lol:

They've also claimed that we've stole some of our current youth players from them. I think 2-3 of them.

Who knows but seeing how there is a Chinese population in Jamaica and Japanese population in Brazil, it's certainly not impossible :lol:
I'm assuming both the Korean and Japanese boys have to be around 10-13. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone that was scouted at a very young age. Or moving to another academy due to their manager contacting another manager or so. It happens though.

The Japanese have been adopting a more European playing style of the years and South Korean is doing so as well. Germany has really tapped into Japan's player pool. I can see more clubs outside of Germany doing so. I've always felt like Arsenal should have had more of presence there given Wenger's history.

as for the next game

Fabianski
Jenks-Kos/Per-TV-Gibbs
Arteta-Ramsey/Coquelin
Walcott-Rosicky-Santi
Giroud

Bench: Szcz, Gervinho, Ramsey/Coquelin, Kos/Per, OX. Other possibilities are Arshavin, Squallici and a player from the U21 squad

what? more like a 6 hr flight..

roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm ready for this Milan vs Barcelona game. I don't see Barcelona passing to the next round. If they don't score at least 1 goal in the first half I think it's pretty much done.

damn, i have a meeting during the barca milan game. I hope i can find a stream to watch from the conference room.

Looks like Xavi is back from his hamstring problem. I hope they didn't rush him back.

Also, I've seen articles mentions Tito...Is he back? Tried google searching articles announcing he's back from cancer treatment, but didn't find anything other then speculation on when he'll be back...

Pulled this portion from an ESPN FC post -

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...er-tactical-changes-for-ac-milan-game?cc=5901

Mundo Deportivo's projected XI for the game on Tuesday morning had Javier Mascherano alongside Gerard Pique and Jordi Alba at the back, with Dani Alves pushed up on the right, and Cristian Tello on the other wing. Fabregas and Pedro Rodriguez were left out of this line-up, which had Alexis Sanchez at centre-forward, and Lionel Messi as a mediapunta, or No. 10.

Asked about the different tactical options available at Monday's pre-game press conference, Roura suggested the team could change shape mid-game if the situation required it, while centre-half Pique said there were pros and cons to playing a three-man defence.

"There are advantages and disadvantages to playing with three at the back," Pique said. "It is a decision for Tito and Jordi. We are used to playing one way or the other. With 3-4-3 we are more attacking, but we suffer more at the back. With 4-3-3 we control the game better, but we lack that mediapunta. We will see."

Last edited:
Pique and Puyol should be upfront...we need to play a'laPremier League. Just punt it , center it, head it and shoot it and hope somethig goes in. We cant play our juego bonito when we are down 2-0

On a limb: Barca 4-1. Lio (brace), Tello, Piqué (set-piece header). Il Faraone for Milan.

2-1 Gala. Yilmaz, Drogba, Draxler.

Sneijder's been kinda quiet since joining Galatasaray. Drogba looked ok in the last Champions League game against Schalke. I hope Sneijder has a good game....

Let's go Barca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom